[SETUP] On the go hi-fi
Aug 4, 2023 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pdroid

New Head-Fier
Hello world.

I decided that i wanted to show off present my current and first setup, to enjoy the elusive world of hi-fi audio on the go. I would like to encourage you to also present your mobile setup.

IMG_9501.jpgIMG_9517.jpg
Source: iPhone SE 2020 - audio vary between Youtube Music Premium and on-device FLAC and ALAC files.
DAC: Fiio BTR5 2021 (Apple edition means that you get the lightning to usb-c cable)
Earphones: RY4S 300 ohms (featured, mmcx with TRNT2 silver coated cable with 3.5mm unbalanced plug)

This setup costed me approximately (not in the USA):
iPhone: about 600 USD (in 2021)
BTR5: 116 USD (in 2023)
RY4S 300 ohms: 16 USD (in 2023)
Moondrop CHU II: 19 USD (in 2023)

IMG_9491.jpg

I mainly use the Moondrop CHU II, actually, with OEM cable. But a new TRN 0.78 2-pin cable is on my list.
It's better for my daily commute on public transit, as it is in-ear and offers better isolation. Also on the list are some memory foam tips from KZ. But those RY4S are really good for the price.
Both are very bassy and well tuned in mids and highs for their price bracket.

IMG_9504.jpgIMG_9506.jpg

I setup this way mainly because the cable is so short (8 cm). I tried Apple's own charging cable, but not any cable will do, sadly. So I'm not gonna buy a 50 cm one so soon.

IMG_9513.jpgIMG_9514.jpg

The Fiio BTR5 2021 have this leather case that most people may not find pretty. But is good for protecting it.
In this setup, the case is just attached to the back of the phone's case with double-sided tape.

The TRN cable was chosen for the ability to swap plugs between the unbalanced 3.5mm and the balanced 2.5mm and 4.4mm (on the list, to be purchased).

IMG_9520.jpgIMG_9524.jpgIMG_9529.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.
Leave a comment or your setup below.

And be excellent to each other. Excelsior.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #2 of 3
Hello world.

I decided that i wanted to show off present my current and first setup, to enjoy the elusive world of hi-fi audio on the go. I would like to encourage you to also present your mobile setup.

IMG_9501.jpgIMG_9517.jpg
Source: iPhone SE 2020 - audio vary between Youtube Music Premium and on-device FLAC and ALAC files.
DAC: Fiio BTR5 2021 (Apple edition means that you get the lightning to usb-c cable)
Earphones: RY4S 300 ohms (featured, mmcx with TRNT2 silver coated cable with 3.5mm unbalanced plug)

This setup costed me approximately (not in the USA):
iPhone: about 600 USD (in 2021)
BTR5: 116 USD (in 2023)
RY4S 300 ohms: 16 USD (in 2023)
Moondrop CHU II: 19 USD (in 2023)

IMG_9491.jpg

I mainly use the Moondrop CHU II, actually, with OEM cable. But a new TRN 0.78 2-pin cable is on my list.
It's better for my daily commute on public transit, as it is in-ear and offers better isolation. Also on the list are some memory foam tips from KZ. But those RY4S are really good for the price.
Both are very bassy and well tuned in mids and highs for their price bracket.

IMG_9504.jpgIMG_9506.jpg

I setup this way mainly because the cable is so short (8 cm). I tried Apple's own charging cable, but not any cable will do, sadly. So I'm not gonna buy a 50 cm one so soon.

IMG_9513.jpgIMG_9514.jpg

The Fiio BTR5 2021 have this leather case that most people may not find pretty. But is good for protecting it.
In this setup, the case is just attached to the back of the phone's case with double-sided tape.

The TRN cable was chosen for the ability to swap plugs between the unbalanced 3.5mm and the balanced 2.5mm and 4.4mm (on the list, to be purchased).

IMG_9520.jpgIMG_9524.jpgIMG_9529.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.
Leave a comment or your setup below.

And be excellent to each other. Excelsior.
Cool portable setup!

Also, love that background on the phone! I’ve always been a fan of Shaman King! It was my Saturday morning favorite growing up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back