Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Mar 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #346 of 500

Quote:
Do you by any chance have vaulted/ angled ceilings? Supposedly one of the solutions is to keep them in an area with flat ceilings (don't know if this applies); I would imagine the microdrops would be insanely annoying with any product, place a $600 price tag on it and it becomes a joke...

Nope. Just flat straight.

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #347 of 500
Apr 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #351 of 500
I am considering the RS220.  I do not consider them a gamble.  If I experience issues such as dropouts I will simply return them...It's only a gamble if you have no recourse or are unwilling to exercise that recourse.  

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #352 of 500
It's only a gamble if you have no recourse or are unwilling to exercise that recourse.  

I suppose that's true. I just look at it from the perspective of the disappointment that results from realizing the thing you had hoped would be great isn't, as well as the effort of repacking and reshipping the item, and the expense of shipping both ways (assuming you didn't buy it locally at a brick-and-mortar shop). But if you're OK with that going in, I guess you can't really lose.

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #353 of 500
This item has now been pulled. It is no longer available on amazon or crutchfield. I am thinking this happened based solely on this thread, amazon reviews, and crutchfield reviews, all of which came in at 70% negative. The brand name would suffer if it was allowed to continue. Thanks to everyone here for making a product have to improve to survive. Lets see what we get in a few months when they come back. I was considering a purchase but glad I waited. Cheers.

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #356 of 500

Quote:
If I was Sennheiser, I would offer to upgrade every original pair sold for free, otherwise that batch will continue to be resold on Ebay and trash their brand name in perpetuity.

+1.. interesting they didn't do a official recall on the product. 

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #357 of 500
I got some possibly interesting news. The RS 220 isn´t officially available in Sennheisers home country Germany so far, I had contacted Sennheiser as early as January about it and they said they are working on release in a not so distant future. However as you know, the RS 220 was available in some smaller countries like Austria, Poland and some online shops. Looks to me like Sennheiser always knew the first batch was either faulty or flawed and used those markets for a test run.

Anyway just three days ago I received an email from Sennheiser Germany that they now started shipping the RS 220, which hopefully means that they reworked it and are ready to fully distribute their product.

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #358 of 500

Quote:
I got some possibly interesting news. The RS 220 isn´t officially available in Sennheisers home country Germany so far, I had contacted Sennheiser as early as January about it and they said they are working on release in a not so distant future. However as you know, the RS 220 was available in some smaller countries like Austria, Poland and some online shops. Looks to me like Sennheiser always knew the first batch was either faulty or flawed and used those markets for a test run.

Anyway just three days ago I received an email from Sennheiser Germany that they now started shipping the RS 220, which hopefully means that they reworked it and are ready to fully distribute their product.

test run... wow. thats awful haha. Though, to note, these were available on Amazon in the US (not such a small market). Either way I wish they would own up to it if there was a problem and replace the units that were sold.

HifiMan did the same thing with the HE400, they had a ton of problems with their drivers and HifiMan at least owned up to it and were giving full replacements or allowing returns.

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #359 of 500
Depending on the jurisdiction, Sennheiser doesn't really have much choice but to allow returns of faulty units. Certainly in the U.S., there are the basic laws of merchantability and fitness of purpose. A headphone that consistently produces microdrops would seem to fall afoul of both of them, meaning vendors would have a legal obligation to accept them back. I agree, though: Sennheiser should not let it come to that. It would be far better if they would own up. I think the fact that no Sennheiser rep has even commented in this thread is telling, considering they frequently do elsewhere on this board. I take that to mean they've been instructed to keep quiet. Even if I'm wrong, this is the kind of speculating that goes on when companies choose to remain silent on a problem, rather than address it head on. From a PR perspective, it doesn't make much sense.

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #360 of 500

Quote:
Depending on the jurisdiction, Sennheiser doesn't really have much choice but to allow returns of faulty units. Certainly in the U.S., there are the basic laws of merchantability and fitness of purpose. A headphone that consistently produces microdrops would seem to fall afoul of both of them, meaning vendors would have a legal obligation to accept them back. I agree, though: Sennheiser should not let it come to that. It would be far better if they would own up. I think the fact that no Sennheiser rep has even commented in this thread is telling, considering they frequently do elsewhere on this board. I take that to mean they've been instructed to keep quiet. Even if I'm wrong, this is the kind of speculating that goes on when companies choose to remain silent on a problem, rather than address it head on. From a PR perspective, it doesn't make much sense.

Is it pretty common for companies to post on these threads? I've seen it with Woo Audio and HifiMan but I figured thats because they were small companies not huge ones like Sennheiser..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back