Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Feb 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #182 of 500

Quote:
I changed my wireless router channel from 2 to 11 and now I don't have a single drop and listening for a 2hrs. Before it was very consistent. Thanks all

Interesting.  I suppose one easy way for others to test this theory would just be to unplug their routers whenever they listen to the RS220 and see if the drops go away.  If they do, then play with channels.  If they don't, it's not the router that's doing it.

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #187 of 500
Sent email to Senneisher support. Got an automated replied, no love still. I am going to simply return these cans. Really pissing me off with the drops and lack of customer service. they cost 600 dollars, not 100!

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #188 of 500

Quote:
Sent email to Senneisher support. Got an automated replied, no love still. I am going to simply return these cans. Really pissing me off with the drops and lack of customer service. they cost 600 dollars, not 100!

Are you exchanging them for another pair, or just getting your money back? 

If these drops are as widespread and problematic as they seem to be based on the reports in this thread, this is a real problem Sennheiser is going to have to deal with if they want the RS220 to have a viable future.  I wonder if Jude had this issue with his trial pair, and if not, how did he get so lucky?

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #189 of 500
Ask me why I am so lucky, lol!

Quote:

If these drops are as widespread and problematic as they seem to be based on the reports in this thread, this is a real problem Sennheiser is going to have to deal with if they want the RS220 to have a viable future.  I wonder if Jude had this issue with his trial pair, and if not, how did he get so lucky?

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #191 of 500

Quote:

Quote:

To test whether the problems I had were due to my particular unit, I contacted the seller, and they are replacing the item.  (My problems were: hum/whine -- which no one else reported; occasional micro-drops, which several people had, although for me these were less frequent than for other people; poor wireless range, which could be my specific home topology)   I didn't try contacting Sennheiser -- I had the feeling that trying a different unit would be more informative.  Will update once I receive the replacement.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #192 of 500
I am not the only one. I do have a lot of 2.4 ghz wireless stuff around... xbox 360, wireless router, turtle beach wireless headphones, sony live view...

Quote:
So, no problems with drops at all?  I wonder if you got an immune pair, or if there's another explanation.  Do you have any other wireless equipment in your home (e.g., routers, phones, etc.)?

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #193 of 500
I am not having drops with mine (unless I get too far away).

The base of my RS 220 is located on the opposite side of the house from my router. It's also not near a microwave oven (if that matters).

I'll try moving the base around (although it won't be until sometime after this coming weekend). I'll try moving it closer to a router.

Right now, the base is within a few feet of a computer spewing wi-fi, but perhaps its output isn't as strong as a router's? (I'm not sure.)

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #194 of 500
I have my transmitter 1 meter away from my wi-fi router.

Quote:
I am not having drops with mine (unless I get too far away).

The base of my RS 220 is located on the opposite side of the house from my router. It's also not near a microwave oven (if that matters).

I'll try moving the base around (although it won't be until sometime after this coming weekend). I'll try moving it closer to a router.

Right now, the base is within a few feet of a computer spewing wi-fi, but perhaps its output isn't as strong as a router's? (I'm not sure.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back