Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone?
Aug 28, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #631 of 633
Hi, I have the RS 180 which I love, its not being made anymore, also I have the RS 190 to of the RS line but though the RS 190 is great for movies since there are various ways to tweak the audio, but I feel I paid too much for much to little. There are 3 settings. One for music, one for films and the "regular headphone setting". The one for music is not so great, also there is a low audi limit as to volume. The one for films is good, but don't pay such a high price for hearing films. The third "regular" audio setting is louder but nothing to write home about. That is why I am looking into the RS 175 for music though I have no idea also what value the audio is.

Jan 21, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #633 of 633
i have the rs 160. i loved it but the headband is of weak material and it became very loose (about 3 yrs). this is a problem, because
1. low freqs escape and my hearing has become gradually so corrupted in the last months that every other source i listen to sound boomy, bassy even the supposedly neutral, sterile ones
2. i can enjoy more of my neighbours day/nighttime activity
3. i have to always pay attention no to let them fall of my head (even looking up a bit is dangerous)
they are structurally intact, no break or tear - the plastic in the middle of the headband is simply too weak/thin/flexible to keep up with the years.
according to pictures the rs 170/180 probably have the same headband, so this can be expected with them too.

apart from this issue i loved them, KLEER is kleerly great, theyre comfy, range is as expected from KLEER cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back