Sennheiser PX 360
Apr 25, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #46 of 51

Quote:
Noted. :)

As far as bass, I'm far from being a basshead but I don't mind some good bass extension so it should be fine. However, will you say the bass is somewhere between muddy and bloated? Is it like on the same level as say the ATH m-50 or the Sony MDR's? I was thinking that the bass of the PX 360 should complement its sparky accentuated treble just fine.

Again thanks man!

Certainly not muddy...

Maybe bloated, but this is a loose maybe.  I usually only say bass is bloated if it starts bleeding into the lower midranges, and it does a little bit-- but that's being a bit critical of a 150 dollar headphone.

The bass is emphasized a bit though and this does inhibit it's tonal control and extension (of the bass).  The weight of the bass is fun though, which compliments the almost bright treble well.  In a sense the bass really rescues this headphone IMO.  The treble standalone would be a bit glaring without it.

I'm being a bit critical, and given that I don't have a set on me... I wish I could take another listen for you and be more specific.

Amazon does 30 day returns, shipping costs to send it back is totally worth peace of mind IMO.

Do please let me know what you think!  People always say they will, and then never do.  I like to know what people agree with and what they differ with what I have to say so I can give better advice in the future

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #47 of 51
sennheiser PX360 quality for bass is very very bad out of the box. If you are an expert, Help to mod the sennheiser px360 for more bass at http://www.head-fi.org/t/615647/modding-px360

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Certainly not muddy...

Maybe bloated, but this is a loose maybe.  I usually only say bass is bloated if it starts bleeding into the lower midranges, and it does a little bit-- but that's being a bit critical of a 150 dollar headphone.

The bass is emphasized a bit though and this does inhibit it's tonal control and extension (of the bass).  The weight of the bass is fun though, which compliments the almost bright treble well.  In a sense the bass really rescues this headphone IMO.  The treble standalone would be a bit glaring without it.

I'm being a bit critical, and given that I don't have a set on me... I wish I could take another listen for you and be more specific.

Amazon does 30 day returns, shipping costs to send it back is totally worth peace of mind IMO.

Do please let me know what you think!  People always say they will, and then never do.  I like to know what people agree with and what they differ with what I have to say so I can give better advice in the future

Hmmm. Just read this reply. The item is now being shipped to me from Amazon via another third-party shipping company since I live in Asia and Amazon doesn't ship directly to my country. Am very excited to get my hands on this product.

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #50 of 51
I have a pair of the px 360's and I really like them they're good for most music and sound good especially for the price range but fir more information check out this review by cnet www.cnet.com.au/sennheiser-px-360-headphones-339342318.htm?noredir=1

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #51 of 51
Hey to those of you who have owned these...do you think they would be a good buy for someone who's never owned proper headphones? I want something good quality that I can fold up...and these seem to pretty much fit the bill. I listen to mostly "alternative" rock, a bit of classical and a range of random other stuff. I've read all the reviews I can find, but there isn't all that much! I don't know if I'm going to be able to have a listen to them anywhere before buying...in all likelihood I won't, so any tips/bits of information would be good. Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back