Sennheiser PX 360
Jan 21, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #16 of 51
I'd be running a FiiO e7, so the power wouldn't be an issue.

Honestly, as much as I love the sound sig. you are describing, I am looking to get a portable headphone with a little bit different taste than what my SP-1s and 448s have.
I still adore the 448 as a portable headphone, I may choose not to upgrade (Although I have some thoughts about Ultrasone's PRO750).

Would you call these headphones "bass-light?"  I am VERY far from a basshead, but like I said I am looking for something a little lively (this almost hurts to say) rather than neutral or flat.

No I am not interested in the m50, for those of you thinking of posting it :D

Jan 26, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #18 of 51

I've been using the PX 360, too, and echo a lot of what productred just said (above), but find it more bassy than he does.  There is a bass bump, but Sennheiser did a nice job of taming it as it approaches the mids.  The bass bump is noticeable, but, to my ears, well done, especially for an on-the-go headphone.  I'm in a coffee house now wearing it, actually....

....and some things to note about the PX 360's physical qualities:

1. Single-side cable entry, but, like the HD 25-1 II, cable entry is on the right side.

2. Built quality seems very good, very durable.  It has survived a pretty good stint on the bottom of my backpack, underneath many a thing.

3. Head clamping force is on the firm side of medium.

4. The headband can adjust to accommodate a cranium much larger than mine, and I have a pretty dang big noggin.

5. I have very average-sized ears (pinnae), and the PX360 is circumaural on me by a smidge.

6. It folds up flat and compact, and has a soft zip-up case.

7. Overall, I find comfort between somewhere between good and excellent--very good?--for long-term (multi-hour) listening.

How it sounds:

1. Passive noise isolation is excellent.

2. Good, sparkly treble--good extension.

3. Some bass emphasis, nicely managed, with only mild midrange incursion, to my ears.  Very good bass definition, too.

4. Midrange is full, detailed.

5. Though there is north-of-neutral bass, the overall balance of the PX360 is very nice.

6. Soundstage is good for a closed headphone.

7. Like productred said, it's not the most efficient headphone, but it can be driven far beyond louder than I'd ever listen straight out of my iPhone.  It does benefit from use with my portable amps, however, in terms of extracting better performance.

It's still early, but I mostly agree with productred's assessment that it's a great entry at its price range for closed, portable-use headphones.  I do think, however, it will also satisfy those who are looking for more bass than neutral.

Jan 26, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #19 of 51
Thanks for the review, jude. Too bad (yeah, right) I already got myself the HD25, because these would have been my next new cans. Maybe I'll find some excuse to buy and try them sometime. Argh, Head-Fi!
angry_face.gif

Jan 26, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #20 of 51
Greatly appreciate the response!

This sounds like it could be the upgrade to the Senn 448 I have been looking for.

I am considering waiting for the new Shure SRH-940s as well, but I am aware that these are probably less portable and certainly more money.... guessing the velour pads don't isolate as well either.

Do I remember you having a pre-production one of these Jude?  How much can you let leak...? :D

I'd love whatever comparisons between these two headphones you are able and comfortable to give.

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #21 of 51
Thinking these are the way to go, as I contemplate between these and the new Shure 940s.

These seem more portable and appear to be a great value given the Shures are twice the cost atm.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #22 of 51
Ordered.

:D

I'll be sure to post impressions on this thread (even though it seems dead) as a potential resource for head-fiers in the future.

Feb 3, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #23 of 51

[size=medium]Greetings Head-fiers,[/size]
[size=medium]

I'm new here but I thought i'd add something to the thread. I recently purchased the PX 360's as well.
I was looking for something at a decent price range for portable devices like phones/ipods.
I got these in the mail a few days ago and I must say i'm really happy with the purchase.

I won't try to describe any better than the two previous posts on how they sound. But put simply they
sound very well balanced and better than decent soundstage. I have to admit my initial impression
wasn't what it is now, probably due to my ignorance (or that i'm somewhat guilty of being a basshead).
But within days I started liking them more and more. The bass is probably one of my favorite aspects now,
it's not overwhelming but tight and balanced. The mids are great too.

I've worn these to my university for several days now and it seems they are quite the conversation starter. Had several people compliment how nice they look. I must agree, they are very refined looking and very well made. I'm loving the flat black look. It seems Sennheiser were very diligent when making these. For example, the hinges from the headband to the cans have rubber pads where the plastics meet to keep them from getting that friction mark that happens when two plastics rub one another. I thought that was pretty cool. It's nice to see you can still get quality for that price range when you're a broke college student.

(they also work great to block outside noise when you just want to read)

Hope this helps.

Adrian.
[/size]

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #24 of 51
Thanks for all the replies. I’m sure they’ll be useful to future buyers.

I went ahead and bought the PX 360 and am very happy with them for the price. Only 2 small issues I encountered:

1) Initially the bass was too strong, more than it should be naturally. It almost sounded like distorting and taking away from the treble sometimes. That effect wore off after a few weeks of usage. But still I occasionally have to reduce the bass a little bit in my EQ in some bass heavy/badly mixed songs.
I guess if you are a treble fan, your first impression won’t be “WOW NICE!”.

I should mention that I have never been a huge fan of bass; I always look for nice crystal clear high range details. So the above mentioned observation might be a bit biased in favor of treble.

2) They made my ears hot and sweaty if worn tightly. Loosening them up reduced the sweating and heat but also reduced the ambient noise cancelation at low volumes.

After all it’s not like I paid a few months of rent for it like some other headphones, so in conclusion they are decent sounding, well made budget headphones.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #25 of 51
Hello! :)

for few weeks, i'm thinking about this headphones - PX360.
i can't find any information about this PX360, about sound quality etc.

can someone help me and tell what will be better choose: PX360 or HD380 Pro - for music from my iRiver H320 and PC/Hi-fi?
in my country HD380 are little bit cheaper then PX360.
i know that HD380 have very good, sound quality, but PX360 are smaller than HD380.

PX360 are optimised for MP3, and more mobile.

thanks for any help and sorry for my bad english.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #26 of 51

You nailed it.

As far as quality goes for COMPARISON I cant help much as I have not heard the HD380.

I do have extended experience with the HD448, and am logging enough hours on the PX 360 to start formulating a bodied opinion.

I plan on writing a review in the next day or so, keep an eye out if you'd like :)

I'll let you know.  Also, what Jude had to say was pretty similar to my impressions.  They are a fairly bassy Sennheiser.
Quote:
Hello! :)

for few weeks, i'm thinking about this headphones - PX360.
i can't find any information about this PX360, about sound quality etc.

can someone help me and tell what will be better choose: PX360 or HD380 Pro - for music from my iRiver H320 and PC/Hi-fi?
in my country HD380 are little bit cheaper then PX360.
i know that HD380 have very good, sound quality, but PX360 are smaller than HD380.

PX360 are optimised for MP3, and more mobile.

thanks for any help and sorry for my bad english.

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #27 of 51
Can someone please post a picture with these headphones on their head?
I want to know about the dimensions?
Do they go on the ears or do they go around them?
Do they keep noise out?

Thanx in advance!!

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #28 of 51
Isolation is the best I have heard out of a passive system to be honest.  They are barely circumaural for me, with the inner edge to inner edge measurement of the cup to be about 2 1/3 inches across top to bottom.

The pinnae of the ear will likely have to be strategically fit inside the cup, and once it is the ear should not be compressed/folded/mashed etc.

They're pretty comfy once you get used to the firm fit.

Review coming soon!

Quote:
Can someone please post a picture with these headphones on their head?
I want to know about the dimensions?
Do they go on the ears or do they go around them?
Do they keep noise out?

Thanx in advance!!

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #29 of 51
I bought them, and I'm pretty satisfied with how they wear and the isolation is oke to.
I'm a little disappointed about the sound quality, because I expected the same grade as my old px200's.
They sound oke, but the px200's have far better mid and lows.

Feb 21, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #30 of 51
Really looking forward to Audiohead's review - loving my HD448 and looking to upgrade and the PX360 seems to be the obvious choice, but I'll wait for the review :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back