Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 2
Jul 10, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #76 of 118

Aptx LL isn't here because of Qualcomm, just look at what happened to the Drop THX Panda (they first advertised Aptx-LL but had to drop it since Qualcomm didnt support it on their actual production units).

Also how are you getting any delay on Android? Most apps compensate the delay. I only get a delay when I'm connected to anything besides my phone.

Well id guess I'll would get delay when gaming on my phone, but Im not a phone gamer.

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #77 of 118
Aptx LL isn't here because of Qualcomm, just look at what happened to the Drop THX Panda (they first advertised Aptx-LL but had to drop it since Qualcomm didnt support it on their actual production units).

Also how are you getting any delay on Android? Most apps compensate the delay. I only get a delay when I'm connected to anything besides my phone.

Well id guess I'll would get delay when gaming on my phone, but Im not a phone gamer.

I'm not sure you meant to quote me. I'm not on android, and don't recall using the word delay or latency in my review when using them with iPhone and MacBook.

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #79 of 118
I'm not sure you meant to quote me. I'm not on android, and don't recall using the word delay or latency in my review when using them with iPhone and MacBook.

Either way, I've never seen anyone complain about latency when using them with a mobile OS (except gaming ofc).

my wife has the v1 of these, is there much reason to upgrade? she is happy with v1's, but if theres a reason/s...

Mostly its a battery question, doesn't she experience the battery drain issue? Other than that the battery life has almost been doubled, and you can customize your controls.

But you do lose APTX LL I'm afraid, thanks to Qualcomms stupid policies.

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #80 of 118
Either way, I've never seen anyone complain about latency when using them with a mobile OS (except gaming ofc).

Mostly its a battery question, doesn't she experience the battery drain issue? Other than that the battery life has almost been doubled, and you can customize your controls.

But you do lose APTX LL I'm afraid, thanks to Qualcomms stupid policies.

she only uses them for gym, and keeps them on charge most of the time when not at gym. so no issues there. was that issue never fixed? was it a hardware issue then? pretty poor if so.

Jul 12, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #85 of 118
The new update is now available on Android. :)

Loving the new connection feature, i'll deffo use the MTW2 with more devices now that its much easier to switch. It takes a couple of secs to switch to my PC USB adapter. When I put them back into the case they will reconnect to my PC and I can still switch to my phone via the app. But sadly since there's no multi point connection you might miss important calls/notifications from your phone.

I haven't really used the MTW2 on my PC for quite some time since it's was so annoying to switch devices before this update, I must say that the delay is quite acceptable for most scenarios except when it comes to gaming ofc.

I really hope the 3rd gen is the perfection, tiny bit more battery life, Multipoint, Independent Connection and a low latency codec. The SQ is already good enough for my taste, even tho I wouldn't complain if they got it even better.

Looks like most of those issues will be fixed with Bluetooth 5.2.

Screenshot_20200712-222919_Google Play Store.jpg
Screenshot_20200712-222930_Smart Control.jpg
Screenshot_20200712-222825_Smart Control.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #87 of 118
the 4.8 firmware update supposedly tweaks the sound signature a bit and also boosts the ANC a slight bit according to some online recon I read.

Aug 6, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #88 of 118
Main issue with these buds is that I rarely use my other wired IEM's anymore. These just are a blast to listen to and the wireless is so nice - from being wire free to having controls on the buds to having a noise pass through option when talking to people on the street. I have the Meze Rai Pentas and some nice Dunu's which I love, but for dog walks, it's just easier to use the Senn's and not worry about wires. When I start taking mass transit to go into NYC again for excursions, I'm gonna just grab the Senn's over the wired pairs. First world problems eh.

Aug 7, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #89 of 118
I posted this on the other sponsor thread, looking for help.

Is there some way to increase the volume coming out of these buds? I am running the latest software (4.8). I have to max my source to 100% to get a reasonable level of sound output. I have three phones, and two computers and it's the same volume issue.

I like the sound, but I may have to return these, due to this glitch.

I bought a set of these for exercise and outdoor work, to replace my Sony's. My Dad needed a pair, so I gave him mine.

The tuning is excellent, on the TW2, as all around assessment (for wireless buds, so that is relative), but man the he volume is pretty low. Something is awry with the internal amp, as I have to max to volume on my phone, laptop or various Dap's to get any level of actual "loudness". I typically listen very low on most of my devices (for example none of my Daps ever goes above 40), so this seems odd to have to set the volume on my source to full volume. I sure hope they can fix this with some firmware updates before my return window is up.

The stem that enters your ear is VERY shallow, so be forewarned if you have long canals. The ribbed rim to connect tips is also very shallow. I have not lost one yet, so they sit comfortable in ear. They are more comfortable than my Xm3's. Neither can compete with even a midrange wired iem, but of course that is not the point for wireless earbuds for the gym and work.

Also the app is useless in comparison to the jabra or sony app's. The EQ is pretty poor, so pretty much the app is only for firmware updates and if you want to manually turn some of the touch features on and off. Sony wins in the app department. I had some coupons so the cost of entry is not that high for me, but I don't know if these are worth $300 retail. The charging case is very nice, if that matters.

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #90 of 118
I posted this on the other sponsor thread, looking for help.

Is there some way to increase the volume coming out of these buds? I am running the latest software (4.8). I have to max my source to 100% to get a reasonable level of sound output. I have three phones, and two computers and it's the same volume issue.

I like the sound, but I may have to return these, due to this glitch.

I like to listen to my music at a good volume. My experience is almost the same but also with a different brand of headphones. With my only two bluetooth headphones, the Beats solo 3's and these Senn MTW2's I have to keep the volume at 80-100% to be loud enough. But it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back