Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jun 15, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #2,971 of 3,671
Just blew a small part of my bonus on a new Sony Walkman ZX100 to pair with these and my JVC HA-FX1200 on the go.

I'll report back with details. Eager to see how LDAC works with these. They're already such fantastic sounding cans.

Also, does anyone have a good source for buying replacement leather pads here in Japan?

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #2,972 of 3,671
Just blew a small part of my bonus on a new Sony Walkman ZX100 to pair with these and my JVC HA-FX1200 on the go.

I'll report back with details. Eager to see how LDAC works with these. They're already such fantastic sounding cans.

Also, does anyone have a good source for buying replacement leather pads here in Japan?

As far as im aware ldac is a sony only technology so i doubt the m2 will support it

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #2,974 of 3,671
I have been looking for a good wireless headphone and decided to go these M2 wireless. Although I do find the sound great, I find the headband to be quite uncomfortable. After an hour of use, I get a headache and actually get 2 indentations on the top of my head from the headband. I would hate to get rid of these headphones, is there any aftermarket padding or something I can put to make it more comfortable? Thanks

Jun 15, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #2,975 of 3,671
  I have been looking for a good wireless headphone and decided to go these M2 wireless. Although I do find the sound great, I find the headband to be quite uncomfortable. After an hour of use, I get a headache and actually get 2 indentations on the top of my head from the headband. I would hate to get rid of these headphones, is there any aftermarket padding or something I can put to make it more comfortable? Thanks

Try extending the earcups down a little and see if it helps.

Jun 16, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #2,977 of 3,671
Mine does not. However, I have not used mine in a radiation-dense urban situation (e.g, streets of Manhattan), where the issue seemed to be the greatest. I love the headphones.

Jun 16, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #2,978 of 3,671
If ever I get momentary blips, I seem to be around cabs and/or charter buses. That could have something to do with it, or it's the worst case of confirmation bias EVER

Jun 17, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #2,980 of 3,671
Not sure if this is the right place, but I will give short review on Momentum 2.0 compared to several other headphones that I listened to at a Melbourne audio store.
(Note: I'm not an audiophile, by any means, by making this review I hope I can help people with similar situation looking for information for their next purchase)
Currently owns: Sennheiser Momentum In Ear, HK Aura.

All headphones are tested with:
- Track : Dusty Kid - America 
- Source: Mobile - Spotify Premium extreme quality

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wired
To my ears trained to listening to Momentum In Ear, it has a similar sound signature, except everything is better. The sound stage are noticeably larger, with more accurate presentation.
The bass is more detailed, the highs are more rich, the mids are quite recessed as with the In Ear. Very likeable if you enjoy Momentum In Ear, the sound quality and sound stage is amazing compared to the more expensive headphones I tried, I think this is why it's so popular.

Audio Technica ATH-MSR7
Very clean, too even and too sterile for my taste. Momentums have that bass prominence I enjoy. Personally I would rate the sound quality slightly below Momentum 2.0, the lack of character was what that killed it for me.

Beoplay H8
My impression on H8 was that it has a very dominant treble. Sound stage is very good, slightly better than Momentum 2.0. But it's just not for me.

Audeze SINE
Now this is something. I like Momentum sound signature, but sometimes the bass can be overwhelming. You just wish you can tone it down a bit. SINE has the perfect flavour for me. Everything is more rich and clear the same time, the bass, highs, mids. I just feel that I wasn't doing it justice driving it from my phone, you can almost feel that it would sound so much better through an amp.

I would have bought Momentum 2.0, and I will if I'm looking for an amazing performer at it's price. What prevented me from buying it was realising that maybe headphones are not for me.
They are too cumbersome and I never feel uncomfortable wearing IEMs. I guess I'm more of an IEM person. And then it rains the moment I step out of the shop :)

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #2,981 of 3,671
For those who have or had both the momentum 1 and 2 over ear....

Besides confort of course.... Wich do you think is better sounding, better built, better finished and is the better package overall?

I really want the 2.0s but i can get a brand new black 1.0 for 100 euros right now so thats why i am asking... :)

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #2,982 of 3,671
For those who have or had both the momentum 1 and 2 over ear....

Besides confort of course.... Wich do you think is better sounding, better built, better finished and is the better package overall?

I really want the 2.0s but i can get a brand new black 1.0 for 100 euros right now so thats why i am asking...
smily_headphones1.gif

They're both well-built, but the folding ability of the M2 plus the memory foam pads make a difference, but maybe that's not important. Rumor has it they're the same drivers, so any difference in sound would be due to the cup geometry and earpad material.

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #2,983 of 3,671

They're both well-built, but the folding ability of the M2 plus the memory foam pads make a difference, but maybe that's not important. Rumor has it they're the same drivers, so any difference in sound would be due to the cup geometry and earpad material.

I own both, and agree with this. They sound so much alike, it is hard to pick out the differences (unless you have golden ears), but they ARE there, if you are determined to find them. If you are looking at the M1, make sure that you try them first, as they are much smaller on your ears. 

As to build, they are built (other than the hinge and different sized cups) almost exactly the same (quality AND looks). You really can't go wrong with either pair (unless your head is too big for the M1, that is).

Jun 17, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #2,984 of 3,671
The difference in sound is minor, but depending on how particular you are you may want the M2 instead. The M2 is warmer and has a little better bass response. You should find a store that allows you to demo both to see what your ears think. We all receive sound a bit differently, even between ears. Hope this helps.

http://www.cnet.com/products/sennheiser-momentum-2-0/

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #2,985 of 3,671
I am tempted to go for the 1.0s.... I already had them and yes the confort is bit ****ty but they sound and they built to the standards of awesomeness...

I truly believe that the 2.0s are awesome in terms of confort but there are a couple of things that bug me already despite never having tried them....

1. They are bigger
2. On the long ron hingea means problems
3.they used that metalic paint finish on the ring (after the pads) and from a couple of first gen on ear momentum i saw (they have the same glossy metalic finish ring) and ot seems to wear out after a while and it shows the whitr plastic underneath (the first gen over ear have all matte cups).
4. The 2.0s only have one cable and the ios cable on the first version kicked ass. Also the case on the 1.0s was awesome.
5. Last but no least.... As i said i can get the 1.0s for 100 euros while the best price i can get for a used (like new) 2.0 is 200 euros..... I think the disconfort is woth saving 100 euros, specially if the sound is basically the same...

Many of my arguments are based only on photos and experience with other headphones.... I only tried the 1.0s as i said before.... But still i think i have some valid point here... :D

What do you guys think? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back