Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jan 29, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #76 of 3,671
Ordered mine Tuesday at midnight on the 3 day but processing took 24 hours. It's 3 business days so I have to wait the weekend and get them Monday! Bummer.

I spoke with them and there is a 30 day guarantee. If you end up getting the wired, the iPhone cable won't be available until end of Feb, but they said you can return them or they'll ship you an iPhone cable.

Can't wait for them.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #77 of 3,671
Got mine from Moon ($450), arrived last night - wireless.  Paired to my work laptop and phone.  Not yet tried wired (but why would I?)

Incredible noise canceling!!  Sound is extremely similar to the old momentum, a bit more mid-bass hump a la hd650, but still a nice crisp clear high end.  Sounds perfect with rock, hip hop, edm, and talk radio / podcasts.  Nice and acceptable for acoustic pieces, but it sure isn't a t5p or sr-507 :wink:  

Super light weight, very comfy so far - have worn for 2 hours straight today at work, I'll write an update later if they end up feeling uncomfortable as the day progresses.  Pads breathe super nicely, we'll see if that holds up.  

Using the cans to control play/pause/seek/scan works flawlessly - a pleasant surprise indeed, icing on the cake.  

This is definitely an expensive set of cans, and I don't recommend them at this price for the sq alone.  But in terms of comfort, ease of use, noise canceling, and some of the best wireless sound quality ever, in a very small and light travel-friendly package, these are worth every penny!  

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #79 of 3,671
Received my pair yesterday. I've listened to it for around 2 hours and so far am liking these a lot...so much so that I'm returning the H8. So far, one of the things that's really impressed me is how uniform the sound is when going from BT to Wired to NC on to NC off. The thing I didn't like about the H8 was how different the sound was when I turned on NC.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #80 of 3,671
Huh, can you disable the NC? Someone mentioned on this forum that it is always on?

What price range would you put these in for SQ alone? Ath-m50 level?

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #82 of 3,671
Could you please comment on the ease of use of the controls? I'm worried that double-pressing to play the next song and triple-pressing to play the previous song might be a little awkward.

Also, was was anyone able to compare these to Parrot Zik (2.0)? I wonder how they compare in terms of sound quality, comfort, and controls.

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #83 of 3,671
Received my pair yesterday. I've listened to it for around 2 hours and so far am liking these a lot...so much so that I'm returning the H8. So far, one of the things that's really impressed me is how uniform the sound is when going from BT to Wired to NC on to NC off. The thing I didn't like about the H8 was how different the sound was when I turned on NC.

Could you comment on the sound quality and comfort differences between the two?

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #85 of 3,671
Could you please comment on the ease of use of the controls? I'm worried that double-pressing to play the next song and triple-pressing to play the previous song might be a little awkward.

Also, was was anyone able to compare these to Parrot Zik (2.0)? I wonder how they compare in terms of sound quality, comfort, and controls.

Thanks!

Controls is one area where the H8 beats the Momentums, but given that, after an hour or so with the Momentum's button, it's acceptable. The button is a little mushy though, they should've given it more feedback when you click it.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #88 of 3,671
The key to getting great wireless sound out of these headphones, is to ensure your laptop or tablet has Apt-X.  Sennheiser makes a USB dongle that you can plug into your laptop.  As for tablets, you can Google the Apt-X web-site to see if your tablet has this technology (only a select few have Apt-X).  Only when you have a transmitting tablet or PC, and receiving headphone (Momentum or MM450x /550x) will you realize the true potential of these wireless headphones.

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #90 of 3,671
What happens if the batteries run out? The headphones simply don't work then? Also how much range bluetooth have? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back