Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jan 23, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #48 of 3,671
Did you get the over ear bluetooth one? If so definitely please let me know your opinions between the h8 and momentum v2 these two headphones im having trouble researching and chosing which to buy

Yea I ordered the over ears. I put some quick impressions in the H8 thread earlier, but as of right now, I'm not too impressed with the H8's sound quality. I love some of the features though when compared to the Momentums like replacable battery, can turn ANC on and off and swipe controls on the side.

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #49 of 3,671
Yea I ordered the over ears. I put some quick impressions in the H8 thread earlier, but as of right now, I'm not too impressed with the H8's sound quality. I love some of the features though when compared to the Momentums like replacable battery, can turn ANC on and off and swipe controls on the side.

Crap i didnt even think about going to an h8 thread. Sweet! I'll check out your impressions. What dissapoints you about the sound quality of the h8? Also are you burning them in as of now? How do the swipe controls work is it like some kind of touchscreen interface sorta where you use a finger to swipe left right up and down?

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #50 of 3,671
Crap i didnt even think about going to an h8 thread. Sweet! I'll check out your impressions. What dissapoints you about the sound quality of the h8? Also are you burning them in as of now? How do the swipe controls work is it like some kind of touchscreen interface sorta where you use a finger to swipe left right up and down?

Yep the touch control is like having a touch screen on the side of the headphones. It's pretty awesome. The biggest let down for me is when ANC is on. The sound sounds hollow and limp (lacking bass). With ANC off, it's pretty good, but seems to lack the neutrality and resolution of the H6.One thing I haven't tried is using them with the cable in.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #51 of 3,671
Yep the touch control is like having a touch screen on the side of the headphones. It's pretty awesome. The biggest let down for me is when ANC is on. The sound sounds hollow and limp (lacking bass). With ANC off, it's pretty good, but seems to lack the neutrality and resolution of the H6.One thing I haven't tried is using them with the cable in.
interesting looking forward to a review if you plan on doing one amd a vs between the two also!

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #53 of 3,671
I just used a iPhone 6 as the source.
I will be able to have a long session with them tomorrow. I'll report back if I experience anything.
Same here

How noticeable is the audio delay when playing video, for example youtube? And how stable is the bluetooth connection? Any skipping?

I also have an iPhone 6 and am currently interested in these new Sennheiser Momentum over-ear wireless cans and the upcoming Sony MDR-1ABT. When commuting to work I like to use my wireless headphones not only for music, but also for video and games.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #55 of 3,671
I currently have a few pairs of cans (beoplay h6, senn hd598, akg k550, parrot zik) however I had been thinking about picking up the Sennheiser Momentum over ear or B&W P7's, but with the release of the Momentum v2.0 and wireless I'm now looking at them as well. Wondering if anyone with the P7's and new v2's could offer a comparison ?

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #56 of 3,671

I've been comparing my Momentum Wireless to my B&W P7 all weekend, both driven (via cable) mainly from my Astell & Kern AK100II (although I also play a few dynamically challenging tracks through my iPhone 6 out of curiosity to see if my observations held–which they did, except that the iPhone is noisier overall, with more channel crosstalk and is less-resolving in the high frequencies). The sound signature of the Momentum Wireless (used with cable) is decidedly less mid-centric than the original Momentum. I'm actually finding it very, very similar to the P7–virtually identical soundstage, same slightly recessed mids. However, the Momentum Wireless has greater bass extension, tighter bass overall with less mid-bass bloat and surprisingly airy treble, resolving the upper octaves with greater precision and energy than even the P7, which I previously considered among the best closed headphones in this regard. While in no way sibilant, I'm nevertheless hearing high frequency detail from the Momentum Wireless I've heretofore never noticed before in my music.

In short, fans of the original Momentum aren't certain to like the sound signature of the Momentum Wireless. But those who like the more entertaining sound curve of the P7, but found them a little to loose in the low frequencies will love the Momentum Wireless.

Music I tested:
Wilco–Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (ALAC, 96 kHz, 24-bit)
John Williams & The LSO–Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition Soundtrack (ALAC, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit)
Michael Jackson–Thriller (ALAC, 176 kHz, 24-bit)
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals–Cold Roses (ALAC, 96 kHz, 24-bit)
And a slew of 256 kHz and 320 kHz/16-bit MP3s either purchased directly through iTunes or ripped from my own CD library

Regarding wireless operation, none of my devices employ the apt-X codec that allegedly enables wireless sound quality indistinguishable from wired, so I've only listened to standard quality Bluetooth stream, which is decent but no better than competitors, especially in the same audible hiss introduced upon powering on the headphones (makes me feel as if I'm listening to cassette tape again). That said, pairing with both my iPhone and AK100II was easy and the Bluetooth connections stable/reliable.

Haven't had a proper environment yet to evaluate the ANC function.

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #57 of 3,671
I am getting these in tomorrow. The over-ear ones (non-wireless). 

The original Momentums were too small for my ears, my ears would literally start hurting after 30 minutes of use. So I am hoping these will be better.
I will post about this and other findings tomorrow.

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #58 of 3,671
  I am getting these in tomorrow. The over-ear ones (non-wireless). 

The original Momentums were too small for my ears, my ears would literally start hurting after 30 minutes of use. So I am hoping these will be better.
I will post about this and other findings tomorrow.

Exact same issue that I had. I an considering getting wired as well. Could you please comment if those are more comfortable and if the sound signature is significantly different from the originals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back