Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jan 31, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #93 of 3,671
OK guys you convinced me, I'll buy these wirelsse cans too (I admit I'm kind of a Senn fanboy too :D).
Just one doubt, which colour? Has anybody got the ivory ones? (Some photos would be great!)

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #95 of 3,671
I've heard the first batch of Ivory are shipping mid February around the 15th. Also the black ones are in short supply too, if they sell out, they stock refresh won't happen until mid March.

Jan 31, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #96 of 3,671
I am looking forward to trying on a set when they appear somewhere.   Hoping they would be comfortable for LONG flights!  

Jan 31, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #97 of 3,671
Are the new ear cups backwards compatible with the older version or is it a totally new housing? The 2.0's aren't out in the UK so I was thinking of just getting the 1.0's then changing the earcup later

Jan 31, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #98 of 3,671
  Are the new ear cups backwards compatible with the older version or is it a totally new housing? The 2.0's aren't out in the UK so I was thinking of just getting the 1.0's then changing the earcup later

For the over ear ones? The ear cup is larger, so no, not compatible with the old version. I believe the on ear model is the same size however.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #99 of 3,671
Meanwhile, in the news, there is another "Momentum" wireless technology that has just come out http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/anita-international-momentum-wireless-sports-bra-d-cup-up/3344554
wink.gif

But seriously, I should be getting mine tomorrow. I was a little disappointed when I learned that my beloved Galaxy Note 3 doesn't have Apt-X. So, at this point neither my laptop, my ipod touch, nor my phone have it. I also ordered the Fiio X5, and it will be arriving tomorrow, but it doesn't have bluetooth at all. I am not sure why Sammy took Apt-X out of the phone. So far as I have read, it seems as though it had it in the beginning, and was advertised on the back of the box IDK.....

After further looking, I see that the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 DOES have it, so I can at least hear the difference of with, and without.

I bought mine from Sennheiser direct, and am getting the black. I really wanted to try the ivory, but I couldn't wait till mid Feb to get mine........ I am hoping they sound as good, or better than the original Momentums. I loved those, but think that the highs need more (just a shade too warm for me). Hope these are tuned/tweaked just a hair in that direction.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #100 of 3,671
Meanwhile, in the news, there is another "Momentum" wireless technology that has just come out http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/anita-international-momentum-wireless-sports-bra-d-cup-up/3344554
:wink:

But seriously, I should be getting mine tomorrow. I was a little disappointed when I learned that my beloved Galaxy Note 3 doesn't have Apt-X. So, at this point neither my laptop, my ipod touch, nor my phone have it. I also ordered the Fiio X5, and it will be arriving tomorrow, but it doesn't have bluetooth at all. I am not sure why Sammy took Apt-X out of the phone. So far as I have read, it seems as though it had it in the beginning, and was advertised on the back of the box IDK.....

After further looking, I see that the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 DOES have it, so I can at least hear the difference of with, and without.

I bought mine from Sennheiser direct, and am getting the black. I really wanted to try the ivory, but I couldn't wait till mid Feb to get mine........ I am hoping they sound as good, or better than the original Momentums. I loved those, but think that the highs need more (just a shade too warm for me). Hope these are tuned/tweaked just a hair in that direction.

I have a Verizon Note 3, and you had me freaking out for a second. Then I found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2455303

I am thinking that Note 3's have aptx, given that someone posted a log from their phone in that link that contained aptx, and that the HK BT headphones blink 4 times when connected, indicating aptx connection.

Do you have some information that I don't have supporting the lack of aptx?

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #101 of 3,671
I have a Verizon Note 3, and you had me freaking out for a second. Then I found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2455303

I am thinking that Note 3's have aptx, given that someone posted a log from their phone in that link that contained aptx, and that the HK BT headphones blink 4 times when connected, indicating aptx connection.

Do you have some information that I don't have supporting the lack of aptx?

No, I do not. In fact, I must apologize. I was not able to find a definitive answer regarding the Note 3 having, or not having it. I have looked at the database on CSR website http://www.aptx.com/category/phones?page=5 and found the note 3 does indeed (officially) have it.

I think the confusion (and I bought into it too), was that some claimed that the back of the box showed the CSR Apt-X logo on early models, where some did not, later (and from different countries). This included mine (in the "Not" category).

Well, that is good news, then, I may STILL buy a Apt-X transmitter for the X5.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #102 of 3,671
No, I do not. In fact, I must apologize. I was not able to find a definitive answer regarding the Note 3 having, or not having it. I have looked at the database on CSR website http://www.aptx.com/category/phones?page=5 and found the note 3 does indeed (officially) have it.

I think the confusion (and I bought into it too), was that some claimed that the back of the box showed the CSR Apt-X logo on early models, where some did not, later (and from different countries). This included mine (in the "Not" category).

Well, that is good news, then, I may STILL buy a Apt-X transmitter for the X5.

Whoa, aptx transmitter?

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #104 of 3,671

OIC. I am guessing many people would not be happy with the specifics of that due to it passing through a DAC, then amplified into the input of that transmitter, then converted to digital,then aptx transmitted wirelessly. I believe the more preferred way would be to have digital input to an aptx transmitter that way their is no excess DAC-ADC converting going on. Additionally, in my limited-education opinion, all HiFi benefits from an X5 wpuld be lost in a bluetooth transmission, even with aptx. My understanding is that aptx is only cd quality, as in 16 bit 44.1khz quality. That quality can be had from any smartphone with an aptx codec, so I would think a fiio x5 wpuldnt have anything extra to offer. Just my opinion, and I could certainly be wrong.

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #105 of 3,671
OIC. I am guessing many people would not be happy with the specifics of that due to it passing through a DAC, then amplified into the input of that transmitter, then converted to digital,then aptx transmitted wirelessly. I believe the more preferred way would be to have digital input to an aptx transmitter that way their is no excess DAC-ADC converting going on. Additionally, in my limited-education opinion, all HiFi benefits from an X5 wpuld be lost in a bluetooth transmission, even with aptx. My understanding is that aptx is only cd quality, as in 16 bit 44.1khz quality. That quality can be had from any smartphone with an aptx codec, so I would think a fiio x5 wpuldnt have anything extra to offer. Just my opinion, and I could certainly be wrong.

You are certainly right on all counts, but I do not have any music that is higher than 16/44, so that is fine with me. While I DO realize that any phone can output that quality, I have read that the X5 has better sound than the phone. You could be right about the X5 not having much more to offer than my Note 3 (especially with Viper4Android installed), but I suppose we shall see. I cannot agree, nor disagree, until I have recieved it and listened to it for a bit. But, I was looking for a dedicated DAP anyhow, and even if it at least sounds the same, then I will be happy.

BTW, that is also why I just know I am going to love these new cans, even if they sound exactly the same as the Momentum 1. Using Viper4Android, I tick Clarity, with a value of 5, and now the Momentum 1s are absolutely sparkly, without being sibilant (that was my ONLY complaint about them). If the soundstage has improved (as I have read), then they will be perfect (for me, for portables).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back