Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 22, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #2,731 of 3,671
I've been using these wired with ANC on, and I'm surprised how well they scale with a portable amp.

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #2,732 of 3,671
Great news. I can confirm that I have my M2 AEBT's now paired and working with the Sennheiser BTD 800 USB ML dongle.  Both this dongle and the Sennheiser BTD 800 USB support APT-X.  I am writing this listening to music with the headset paired directly to a Macbook Pro and the quality is crystal clear.  Love these phones. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,733 of 3,671
I bought this to use with my PC that doesn't have Bluetooth. Works great and sounds great with the M2's, and it's cheap as hell.
Bluetooth Transmitter, AUKEY Portable Wireless Stereo Music Transmit... http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00MA8JZ1A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_udp_awd_p4V8wbP5AADKC

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #2,734 of 3,671
I've had my eye on these for a while but I wanted to wait to see if the new revision would completely fix the Bluetooth issues, which it seems it has.

One question though: is there any way to tell from the packaging (SKU, model number, serial etc) that a set of M2 Wireless is definitely the new version and not old stock? Retailers here are kinda unscrupulous and the terms "exchange", "refund" and "consumer rights" are basically unknown, so I'd like to make damn sure before I drop $500.

Thanks

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #2,735 of 3,671
I've had my eye on these for a while but I wanted to wait to see if the new revision would completely fix the Bluetooth issues, which it seems it has.

One question though: is there any way to tell from the packaging (SKU, model number, serial etc) that a set of M2 Wireless is definitely the new version and not old stock? Retailers here are kinda unscrupulous and the terms "exchange", "refund" and "consumer rights" are basically unknown, so I'd like to make damn sure before I drop $500.

Thanks

I follow this thread intermittently - I'm fairly sure that REV02 on the serial number guarantees the new version. In fact, just because it says REV01 doesn't mean it's necessarily the old version either, but I think we conclusively determined that REV02 = 100% fixed.

If it's REV01, you'll have to look at the manufacture date to make sure it's fixed... perhaps check this thread a few (dozen) pages back for details, because I can't remember them.

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #2,736 of 3,671

I follow this thread intermittently - I'm fairly sure that REV02 on the serial number guarantees the new version. In fact, just because it says REV01 doesn't mean it's necessarily the old version either, but I think we conclusively determined that REV02 = 100% fixed.

If it's REV01, you'll have to look at the manufacture date to make sure it's fixed... perhaps check this thread a few (dozen) pages back for details, because I can't remember them.

Some of the new ones are in an old box, which shows old date, and old REV number. I have a set of both old and new, and the box is identical. There is probably some identifiable number on it somewhere, but it is not obvious to the eye where (without taking them apart). The Sennheiser updater software also doesn't help in this area either. 

I wouldn't stress too much about it. More than likely you won't have issues at all. But, if you do, you needn't worry about unscrupulous stores too much. Just make sure you have proof of purchase, and contact Sennheiser directly, and they will help you. I don't think Sennheiser would have that much issues, even if you don't have proof of purchase. Their warranty is for 2 years, and they replace them within that period (basically) no questions asked. These headphones have only been out for a little over a year, so that means ALL M2 wireless are still under warranty. And, as far as I know, there have not been any fakes put out for these. 

When I called about mine, they didn't even ask me for receipt. I had used the authenticator number to register them, and that is what they looked at. As long as the authenticator number checks out, they won't have issue.

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #2,738 of 3,671
Hi,

I recently bought a pair of these (they were on a lightning deal on Amazon Spain - including shipping to the UK was £250), really loving the audio quality and look. It had REV02 on the box.

However, I notice the leather on the ear cups looks a little 'cracked' or deformed on one side of one of the ear cups. See the below photo, you can see the leather on the left ear cup isn't as "smooth" as the other. Is this a problem, is the ear cup possibly defective?

http://i.imgur.com/RcwBbJw.jpg (won't let me upload a picture to the forum)

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #2,739 of 3,671
I think it's just the variance in leather grain. I much prefer the left cup personally, haha

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #2,742 of 3,671

No disrepect felt at all, thanks. I assumed it wouldn't work since it seems pretty tight for any 3rd party 2.5mm jack. I guess that opens up the possibility of using some cheaper 3rd party cables with inline remote or a thin enough 2.5mm adapter with the boompro.

wandering, thanks for this detail. My use case in buying bluetooth would be PORTABILITY both daily commute, but also when travelling. I'd want them for both wireless and wired music, but also business calls. do you think the M2 are portable, rugged enough and good enough in both wired/wireless mic (with the additional mic, sigh antoerh $50!!) to justify this?

I'm actually confused by the on-ear momentum 2.0 (which are smaller) and the over ear. Can I use that wired mic cable with the on-ear (smaller) pair? Thanks all!

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #2,743 of 3,671
wandering, thanks for this detail. My use case in buying bluetooth would be PORTABILITY both daily commute, but also when travelling. I'd want them for both wireless and wired music, but also business calls. do you think the M2 are portable, rugged enough and good enough in both wired/wireless mic (with the additional mic, sigh antoerh $50!!) to justify this?

I'm actually confused by the on-ear momentum 2.0 (which are smaller) and the over ear. Can I use that wired mic cable with the on-ear (smaller) pair? Thanks all!

Frankly speaking, I bought the Momentum Wireless Over Ear mostly with the certainty that the listening experience would be great and it is. But I also bought it hoping the marketing buzz of the 4 mics beam forming mumbo-jumbo would also make it a complete solution for calls. Alas, it's not better then the quality you get from an analog landline phone.

I'd say, expect the built-in mics to be good enough as a last resort (i.e. when wireless), and use some sort of cable with an inline-mic or even better (if you manage) use a boom-mic when you want to make sure the other side can hear you well.

If you live near a store that lets you test the M2 Wireless, I advise you to wirelessly pair a sample with your phone, then record your voice and listen to it. Do the same with any pair of head/earphones you have with an inline mic (surely you have some), record, listen and compare. You can't miss the difference.

I have no clue about how does the on ear version compares, but I doubt the mic of those is any worse or better.

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #2,744 of 3,671
Has anyone tried or had any success plugging these directly to an Android phone via USB and using them as a DAC? I have a Nexus 6P, which has a USB-C connector. There are USB-C to micro-B cables readily available (Apple even sells them as the new Macbook has a USB-C port) and from what I've read a USB-C DAC should 'just work'.

Pretty sure my phone will support it as my Nexus 5 is running the same ROM and that works with my iBasso D-Zero using a micro-B to mini-B cable, but I've not got a USB-C to mini-B or adapter cable to test the 6P with. Also a little concerned that the power draw from the phone might be too much, especially if you can't turn off USB charging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back