Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 14, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #2,716 of 3,671
Nope. I don't have that issue at all. Have you tried contacting Newegg? Maybe they will exchange them for you if you just can't live with them like that.

I'll live. There was a $100 coupon anyway. If anything, brand new earpads cost about $79 here http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/wireless-headphones/momentum-m2-aebt-ivory

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #2,717 of 3,671
  Thanks for the feedback guys, it doesn't really bother me since I won't be looking left or right for extended periods anyway.

By the way is anyone else disappointed by the noise cancellation feature? I honestly expected it to be better than it is, you can clearly hear everything right next to you, even other people conversing quietly... 

See: http://www.head-fi.org/t/749606/sennheiser-momentum-2-0-and-wireless/2310#post_11978946 

I went to Sennheiser's website looking for this to quote to you, but they removed the article (and sound comparison test) that I was referring to. They really do work well for what they were designed to do. They were just not designed to remove all noise like the Bose headphones were.
  I'll live. There was a $100 coupon anyway. If anything, brand new earpads cost about $79 here http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/wireless-headphones/momentum-m2-aebt-ivory

Sweet. Congrats on getting them for a pretty good price.

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #2,718 of 3,671
  Thanks for the feedback guys, it doesn't really bother me since I won't be looking left or right for extended periods anyway.

By the way is anyone else disappointed by the noise cancellation feature? I honestly expected it to be better than it is, you can clearly hear everything right next to you, even other people conversing quietly... 

You can still hear people quietly talking next to you while music is playing?

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #2,720 of 3,671
  Hey all, I joined the forum just to make this post.
After lots of research (including this thread) I purchased the Momentum 2.0 wireless. Had them for a month now, and they're great. I just find the microphone really disappointing.
I'd like to use them for voice-calls at my computer (and my PlayStation 4), so I was thinking about buying the V-MODA BoomPro microphone. Only problem is that the BoomPro connector is 3.5mm and the Momentum 2.0 wireless are 2.5mm. Is there a recommended 2.5-to-3.5mm adapter that people have confirmed works? Or maybe a different, high-end microphone that people recommend?

I'm afraid that the BoomPro won't work easily, even with an adapter. The Momentum Wireless uses a proprietary 2,5mm input with twist lock. You either need a compatible jack (probably only from Sennheiser), or remove the twist-lock guide inside the headphone input or add a twist-lock groove to a 3rd party 3,5-2,5mm input adapter. The latter 2 options are probably too much of an hassle.

Because I too was extremely disappointed with the mic quality, the solution I found was to buy the Momentum inline cable with inline mic from the on-ear Momentum 1 (the over-ear cable version is much more expensive). The inline mic is still far from being as good as the BoomPro mic, but the quality of the in-line mic is already much better than the Momentum Wireless mic, and is compatible with proprietary input.

(I have the Momentum Wireless and and the BoomPro, by the way)

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #2,721 of 3,671
Thank you so much, this is incredibly helpful. I'm going to try contacting Sennheiser to see if they have a 2.5mm adapter, but I think it's very unlikely.

Where did you purchase your Momentum inline cable with inline mic?

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #2,722 of 3,671

I'm afraid that the BoomPro won't work easily, even with an adapter. The Momentum Wireless uses a proprietary 2,5mm input with twist lock. You either need a compatible jack (probably only from Sennheiser), or remove the twist-lock guide inside the headphone input or add a twist-lock groove to a 3rd party 3,5-2,5mm input adapter. The latter 2 options are probably too much of an hassle.

Because I too was extremely disappointed with the mic quality, the solution I found was to buy the Momentum inline cable with inline mic from the on-ear Momentum 1 (the over-ear cable version is much more expensive). The inline mic is still far from being as good as the BoomPro mic, but the quality of the in-line mic is already much better than the Momentum Wireless mic, and is compatible with proprietary input.

(I have the Momentum Wireless and and the BoomPro, by the way)

There is no need to remove the twist lock mechanism on the headphones. You can use any 2.5 mm jack. The twist lock just makes it harder to accidentally pull the plug out. Even without the twist lock feature, it is pretty difficult to pull the jack out. 

If you want a really good inline mic cable (IMO) that DOES have the twist lock feature, get the cable from the M1. The buttons for this one is for iDevices, which means that the volume buttons don't work with android, but the middle button still works. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #2,723 of 3,671
  Where did you purchase your Momentum inline cable with inline mic?

I bought it direct from Sennheiser. Here's the US product page: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/kbl-remote-momentum-on-ear

There is no need to remove the twist lock mechanism on the headphones. You can use any 2.5 mm jack. The twist lock just makes it harder to accidentally pull the plug out. Even without the twist lock feature, it is pretty difficult to pull the jack out. 

If you want a really good inline mic cable (IMO) that DOES have the twist lock feature, get the cable from the M1. The buttons for this one is for iDevices, which means that the volume buttons don't work with android, but the middle button still works. 

The twist lock guide will make it difficult or impossible to insert a standard 2.5mm jack. The good cable you recommend is the one I use and linked above.

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #2,724 of 3,671
I bought it direct from Sennheiser. Here's the US product page: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/kbl-remote-momentum-on-ear

The twist lock guide will make it difficult or impossible to insert a standard 2.5mm jack. The good cable you recommend is the one I use and linked above.

No disrespect, but that is not true at all. I do it all the time with different cables that do not have the twist lock. It is not hard to insert, amd holds fairly well. Now, that is not to say that i do a lot of excersizing with that cable inserted, so i cant verify the actual amount of force it can withstand before being pulked out, but i do sleep with them on.

The reason it works is because the jacket on the twist lock cable is a slight bit larger diameter than the standard 2.5 mm jacket. So the regular cable is slightly smaller, and the jack itself is what holds it in place (actually a good solid snap)

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #2,725 of 3,671
No disrespect, but that is not true at all. I do it all the time with different cables that do not have the twist lock. It is not hard to insert, amd holds fairly well. Now, that is not to say that i do a lot of excersizing with that cable inserted, so i cant verify the actual amount of force it can withstand before being pulked out, but i do sleep with them on.

The reason it works is because the jacket on the twist lock cable is a slight bit larger diameter than the standard 2.5 mm jacket. So the regular cable is slightly smaller, and the jack itself is what holds it in place (actually a good solid snap)

No disrepect felt at all, thanks. I assumed it wouldn't work since it seems pretty tight for any 3rd party 2.5mm jack. I guess that opens up the possibility of using some cheaper 3rd party cables with inline remote or a thin enough 2.5mm adapter with the boompro.

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #2,726 of 3,671

No disrepect felt at all, thanks. I assumed it wouldn't work since it seems pretty tight for any 3rd party 2.5mm jack. I guess that opens up the possibility of using some cheaper 3rd party cables with inline remote or a thin enough 2.5mm adapter with the boompro.

Yes, that was my point. You are not stuck with having to use Sennheiser only cables. Here is a photo of my M2 with a spare cable from my old Bose OE2. This on fits so well (and tight) that I doubt one could pull it out without damaging the cable first. 

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #2,728 of 3,671
  hi. i have a question. does the m2 wireless when connected to wire to phone have the same quality of the m2 wired version? thanks.....

Yes. The only difference between the headphones is the wireless version has microchips under the ear cup, and the wired one does not. Any difference in sound is from the lack or presence of those chips. Everything else is identical.

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #2,729 of 3,671

Yes. The only difference between the headphones is the wireless version has microchips under the ear cup, and the wired one does not. Any difference in sound is from the lack or presence of those chips. Everything else is identical.

Couldn't have put it better myself! 

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #2,730 of 3,671
After nearly Eight weeks of heavy use of my Ivory Momentum Wireless, all I can say is WOW! I Live & work in NYC, therefore Bluetooth & ANC are highest of priority to me. Before buying the Momentum Wireless AEBT I had the BOSE QC25, I like the cans, but the 3.5mm jack was dying from unplugging and such. I Couldn't be any happier than getting this amazing headphone from sennheiser, my all time favorites are the HD650 from Senn, and these comes fairly close via USB-DAC. I love the wireless performance & sound quality.

The build quality is su-perb! and it better be for the price of $499+ Tax, I mostly listen to Jazz / Hiphop / Rock & a lot of Son or Cuban music from the 1950s. The momentum do a really good job at reproducing all the Instruments without adding too much BASS and just mushing all the frequencies as is the case with the Sony Wireless headphones.  overall, I am very happy with my momentums, worth every penny, I use them from 9am-8pm none-stop, 8 hours at work and 2 hours of commute and it never drops the connection. A+++

Good job Sennheiser!

smily_headphones1.gif
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back