Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 11, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #2,703 of 3,671
I noticed that sound quality in Desktop Skype over Bluetooth Conection is utterly bad (it's fine via USB but wirelessly it's just really crappy, like a gramophone, both for listening and recording). Is it possible to improve it somehow? I want it wireless. Are there any Bluetooth headphones with a good wireless mic? Unchecking "Handsfree Telephony" in devices and priters enables high quality audio in Skype but completely disables the mic.

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #2,706 of 3,671
I think I got a manufacturing defect. The left earpad is harder inside, the leather on it is inferior quality and looks worn out out of the box. Does anyone have a similar problem with non-matching earpads or I'm the only one? The box was factory sealed. According to the QR-code and the hologram sticker, they are authentic. Bought them on newegg, item N82E16826106762.

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #2,707 of 3,671
I contacted Sennheiser on Friday lunch time and spoke with one of their techies.  They had the hardware in the office and were going to look into the problem of pairing these headphones with the BTD 500 USB device and get back to me. Fingers crossed it will be sometime today. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #2,708 of 3,671
I have just received confirmation from Sennheiser Product Support that the two devices do not work together and I quote "I would suggest that you purchase the BTD 800 as this will work with the Momentum's".  Any one on here using this setup? 

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #2,710 of 3,671
  Has anyone else had an issue where every time you turn your face to one side (right or left) the quality of the sound changes?

You have four microphones performing sound cancellation, so you're going to get some phase changes going on, but it shouldn't be a "quality" thing.

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #2,711 of 3,671
  Has anyone else had an issue where every time you turn your face to one side (right or left) the quality of the sound changes?

I have had that happen, but only when I turn my head very radically. A slight turn doesn't do this. This is probably due to the way they seal on your head. Try loosening them up, or tightening them up, and see if they still do this. Are you wearing glasses when this happens? Might just be the way your head is shaped. The M2's don't have a LOT of clamping force, so it could be a lot of things that might factor into this "lack of sealing" you are seeing.

Plus, what thefitz said might be true also. If you want to find out which. Try using them wired and passive (circuit is off), and see if you still get that happening. If you do, then you know it is a fitment thing. If you don't then you know it is a phase shift with the mics, in which case, while you are moving your head they might shift, but once your head is not moving again, it should sound just like it did before. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #2,712 of 3,671
  I think I got a manufacturing defect. The left earpad is harder inside, the leather on it is inferior quality and looks worn out out of the box. Does anyone have a similar problem with non-matching earpads or I'm the only one? The box was factory sealed. According to the QR-code and the hologram sticker, they are authentic. Bought them on newegg, item N82E16826106762.

Nope. I don't have that issue at all. Have you tried contacting Newegg? Maybe they will exchange them for you if you just can't live with them like that.

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #2,713 of 3,671
Thanks for the feedback guys, it doesn't really bother me since I won't be looking left or right for extended periods anyway.

By the way is anyone else disappointed by the noise cancellation feature? I honestly expected it to be better than it is, you can clearly hear everything right next to you, even other people conversing quietly... 

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #2,714 of 3,671
Hey all, I joined the forum just to make this post.
After lots of research (including this thread) I purchased the Momentum 2.0 wireless. Had them for a month now, and they're great. I just find the microphone really disappointing.
I'd like to use them for voice-calls at my computer (and my PlayStation 4), so I was thinking about buying the V-MODA BoomPro microphone. Only problem is that the BoomPro connector is 3.5mm and the Momentum 2.0 wireless are 2.5mm. Is there a recommended 2.5-to-3.5mm adapter that people have confirmed works? Or maybe a different, high-end microphone that people recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back