Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 30, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #2,761 of 3,671
I am DAMN impressed with these as wireless. First time I've really found myself thinking "y'know, these are just solid headphones, wireless is a bonus."

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #2,762 of 3,671
I don't like voice prompts. I hate that ******* bitch! Is it possible to disable voice prompts altogether?

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #2,764 of 3,671
  I don't like voice prompts. I hate that ******* bitch! Is it possible to disable voice prompts altogether?

Don't think so. How often do you hear her?

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #2,766 of 3,671
Simply: you can't. There are no "better" вluetooth headphones they all really suck at recording (I tested 4 pairs myself), because they entirely switch from A2DP to HSP every time you need a mic (8-16 kHz both for listening and recording). Though Momentums have kind of workaround due to built in DAC, they can record via USB. I have to plug in USB every time I need Skype, it is absolutely horrendous without the cable. You can disable "Handsfree Telephony" in Bluetooth services, it saves listening quality but completely disables the mic. Maybe Bluetooth 5.0 devices will fix the situation, I don't know.

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #2,769 of 3,671
  Do these M2's compare with some of the upper end closed backs like Oppo Pm-3 and Bang & Olufsen H6?

Can't speak about Bang & Olufsen (I hate that name.), but owning both the PM-3 and M2 I can make a comparison there.

The PM-3 is much more even sounding throughout all the registers, and may even be a little overly polite. There's a slight bass emphasis and a very slight treble softening, but not in any extreme way. The M2 are much more fun sounding - the bass is much more pronounced (if a little loose), the low-mids are be a little hollower, the upper mids are more exciting, and the treble is similarly soft.

Form-factor wise, both sets are immaculately built. The PM-3 is bordering on heavy, and is much heavier than the M2. With the folding action, real leather, and memory foam pads, the M2 are a joy to wear. The PM-3 is quite comfortable too, but the M2 is exceptional.

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #2,771 of 3,671
Just ordered mine. I've owned the wired edition (and 1.0 editions) for years now.

Question: Can you still control the volume with the phone rather than just through the controls on the right headphone?

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #2,772 of 3,671
  Just ordered mine. I've owned the wired edition (and 1.0 editions) for years now.

Question: Can you still control the volume with the phone rather than just through the controls on the right headphone?

Certainly can! Just easier to use the headphone controls IMO. 

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #2,773 of 3,671

Certainly can! Just easier to use the headphone controls IMO. 

Awesome, thanks for the good news!

I was curious about the noise cancellation.. Does it work both ways? Are they also more silent to the outside world due to the noise cancellation? I've never heard complaints from anyone else when on the subway, but maybe everyone else is nice around here..

---

Btw, despite the way higher price of the wireless compared to the wired edition I must have bought replacement cables for my M2 wired (and M1 on-ear) so many times now that I could have bought another pair of M2's. :p

Once.. I broke my cable while dancing with my phones on (they were locked in place).

Since then I never locked my cable in place, I just attached it but didn't turn it clockwise. It detached many times like this, but if I locked it my cable would have broken.

Two or three additional cables have started breaking connection. Either poor quality replacement cables or weather did its job.

I once ordered a replacement cable but it never arrived.

---

Anyway the bottom line is cables serve a good purpose when I'm stationary (using a dedicated amp like the EHP-02Di), but when I'm on the subway I hate the cable. A few times my cable got caught by other people leaving the subway, or it would get stuck in the door when entering a building. Or I'd forget it's attached and my amp would fall on the floor when I stood up and started walking. Ugh!

Looking forward to burning in my new wireless M2's (yes I believe in burn-in time).

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #2,774 of 3,671
They can't do noise canceling in passive mode (cable), but they're closed back so unless you're really cranking the volume you aren't gonna be audible to the outside world. I use my Nighthawks in my "stationary" situations, but honestly the M2 sounds so damn good even in wireless mode I don't feel like it's some horrible downgrade. 

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #2,775 of 3,671
So I've got them in today. I've managed to pair it with one phone, then I unpaired it (via the phone) and tried to pair it with another one (I got a new phone that's why). But the other phone can't find it, and now the first phone can't find the momentum's either. I've tried to turn off and on the momentums but it had no effect.

They are the second revision (REV2), first thing I checked. I'll report back if I don't get this working soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back