Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Oct 11, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #4,411 of 4,836
In terms of sealing and maintaining the seal, I'd rate them Baroque>IE Pro>stock. I'm still trying to figure out how the Baroques change the sound sig, but they sure are the best for the seal, at least for me. They are thicker than stock but thinner than the IE Pro.
interesting. i have my baroque ordered and on the way. i normally use the stock foam tips (large) for the best fit and seal, but they still don’t sit perfectly. i need to try the spacer — anyone have a link to the rubber ring on amazon? i cannot find it locally.

i would like to try the IE pro as well — that is also foam (although a little longer), right? again, if anyone has an online link for that please share!

Oct 11, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #4,412 of 4,836
interesting. i have my baroque ordered and on the way. i normally use the stock foam tips (large) for the best fit and seal, but they still don’t sit perfectly. i need to try the spacer — anyone have a link to the rubber ring on amazon? i cannot find it locally.

i would like to try the IE pro as well — that is also foam (although a little longer), right? again, if anyone has an online link for that please share!

Hi,

The Pro tips are not foam - they are a more sturdy silicone tip then the stock tips. They do have the foam insert/screen.

https://en-ca.sennheiser.com/silicone-ear-adapter

I purchased them via email through:

dominic.monaco@sennheiser.com

Oct 11, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #4,413 of 4,836
Oct 11, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #4,416 of 4,836
Sorry this photo isn't better. The shape is different between the IE Pro (left) and the Baroque (right). The Baroque has rounded sides vs. the IE Pro straighter sides. This makes the contact area smaller with the ear canal. I believe this is why they seal better.

I use the same spacers. I bought them at my local hardware store for 27¢ each. Auto parts stores will also have them. But if you need 50 spaces delivered to your doorstep, go for it!!

Attachments

• IMG_0641.jpeg
    IMG_0641.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 12, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #4,417 of 4,836
Sorry this photo isn't better. The shape is different between the IE Pro (left) and the Baroque (right). The Baroque has rounded sides vs. the IE Pro straighter sides. This makes the contact area smaller with the ear canal. I believe this is why they seal better.

I use the same spacers. I bought them at my local hardware store for 27¢ each. Auto parts stores will also have them. But if you need 50 spaces delivered to your doorstep, go for it!!
...are those the Baroque tips?

Oct 24, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #4,420 of 4,836
IE900 arrived today - initial impressions are the low end is very well rendered, but the (upper) mids are lacking something. Timbre is also not reference, as far as I can tell.
So not a neutral IEM but I was expecting that. Seem to work very well with rock and hip-hop which were relatively weaker genres for my reference IEM, the U12t. So some complementarity there.

Fit and comfort really are exceptional. I can see these become my IEMs for the commute to work, as that's when I listen to rock and hip-hop the most.

Oct 25, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #4,421 of 4,836
There are some used IE900s on the US Amazon store for a little more than $700. I'll admit to being tempted, but putting it out there for anyone who might be shopping around. :ksc75smile:

Oct 25, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #4,422 of 4,836
There are some used IE900s on the US Amazon store for a little more than $700. I'll admit to being tempted, but putting it out there for anyone who might be shopping around. :ksc75smile:
I would not buy new ones from Amazon. They cannot be trusted to not sell fakes. Long story, but I had big problems buying new Shure SE846 from them. Will never buy electronics from them again.

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #4,423 of 4,836
I just received my IE900s today. Summary of my first listen- Bass quality and quantity are among the best I have heard. Right there with my Trio, the Volur and the Fatfreq Maestro SE.
Mids are not as pulled back as I expected from looking at the squigs beforehand. But they are a little too pulled back for me. Qudelix 5K to the rescue! I love EQ, problem solved.
Treble is just a little too tizzy up top- otherwise the treble is really good and detailed.

I have no problem listening to the IE900 without EQ, but like EVERYTHING else, they are better with a little EQ. In this case only three filters are used.

My only real gripe, is that after listening to my Trio, these sound a little intimate. Okay and I really don't love the cables, but I do appreciate the three different cables that are included.

Overall, wish I had picked these up sooner. I love them. Perhaps the only iems I like better are the three I mentioned above and the U12t. Fit is like a CIEM in my ears with the Spinfit W1s. Thank you again @Sennheiser !

Oct 30, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #4,424 of 4,836
I just received my IE900s today. Summary of my first listen- Bass quality and quantity are among the best I have heard. Right there with my Trio, the Volur and the Fatfreq Maestro SE.
Mids are not as pulled back as I expected from looking at the squigs beforehand. But they are a little too pulled back for me. Qudelix 5K to the rescue! I love EQ, problem solved.
Treble is just a little too tizzy up top- otherwise the treble is really good and detailed.

I have no problem listening to the IE900 without EQ, but like EVERYTHING else, they are better with a little EQ. In this case only three filters are used.

My only real gripe, is that after listening to my Trio, these sound a little intimate. Okay and I really don't love the cables, but I do appreciate the three different cables that are included.

Overall, wish I had picked these up sooner. I love them. Perhaps the only iems I like better are the three I mentioned above and the U12t. Fit is like a CIEM in my ears with the Spinfit W1s. Thank you again @Sennheiser !
🙏 Thank you for the addition to your collection and for your impressions! We heard the IE 900 / Qudelix combo at CanJam and loved the synergy (to our ears)...a portable powerhouse!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back