Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Oct 30, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #2,551 of 4,913
The problem is to find the cable which is compatible to ie900 MMCX connectors. I have several MMCX cables and only one is working, Effect Audio Code 51 with conX system. The cable itself is great but kind of heavy for the light ie900 monitors. Also the connectors are not tight as the stock cable connectors and I have to be careful to keep them connected. But the sound is definitely better.

Oct 30, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #2,552 of 4,913
The problem is to find the cable which is compatible to ie900 MMCX connectors. I have several MMCX cables and only one is working, Effect Audio Code 51 with conX system. The cable itself is great but kind of heavy for the light ie900 monitors. Also the connectors are not tight as the stock cable connectors and I have to be careful to keep them connected. But the sound is definitely better.
Yeah even hearing this gives me a headache. You get such an expensive cable just to have loose connectors and too heavy of a cable. The cable could be 1/10 of the price and i wouldnt buy it for that. Im disappointed that Sennheiser first of used such a short cable to begin with and also didnt at least offer longer cables as an accessory. As a tall guy even for mobile use its not comfortable.

Oct 30, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #2,553 of 4,913
Im still looking for a cable for the IE900 that is similar in quality to the stock cable but just a little bit longer. 1,6m would be perfect for my usecase. I dont want to spend a fortune on it but also dont want some cheap trash cable. Something middle of the road similar in build to what comes in the box.
You might try sending a pm to @EricNguyen of Satin Audio. I just got a custom cable from them for my IE300 that I really like. The connectors fit better than the IE300 stock cable. Excellent bang for the buck. hth

Oct 30, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #2,554 of 4,913
You might try sending a pm to @EricNguyen of Satin Audio. I just got a custom cable from them for my IE300 that I really like. The connectors fit better than the IE300 stock cable. Excellent bang for the buck. hth
May i ask what specific cable you got and how much you paid? Also what do i expect writing him? Dont they have a regular online shop or do you mean for getting recommendations or something?

Oct 30, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #2,555 of 4,913
I had a chance to audition some $3K+ iems, even the $6K Bird. Nothing gave me that much joy then ie900. Just IMHO.

I find the Bird is very complementary to IE900 and serves a different listening purpose for me - it's stunning for focused listening sessions and in those scenarios, I have had some of the most amazing music experiences ever. IE900 however my preferred all-rounder and absolutely the one IEM I would keep if I could only have one. MEST MKII is technically impressive but has nowhere near the listening pleasure of IE900 for me either, I keep debating whether I will sell it!

Oct 31, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #2,557 of 4,913
I find the Bird is very complementary to IE900 and serves a different listening purpose for me - it's stunning for focused listening sessions and in those scenarios, I have had some of the most amazing music experiences ever. IE900 however my preferred all-rounder and absolutely the one IEM I would keep if I could only have one. MEST MKII is technically impressive but has nowhere near the listening pleasure of IE900 for me either, I keep debating whether I will sell it!
Same here, I personally prefer EVO to Traillii for my own music, but for focused listening sessions rather than longer all-rounder play, for which the IE 900 is ideal. That said there aren't many IEMs I'd pick over the IE 900 even for focused sessions, and I often use the Senn to listen to new music too, since it's basically my 'reference'.

Oct 31, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #2,558 of 4,913
How about the pairing of IE900 with Chord Mojo/Hugo? Too bright, isn't it?

It's my only doubt...

Oct 31, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #2,560 of 4,913
Thanks for reply, appreciate it. :)

Oct 31, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #2,561 of 4,913
On the contrary, I find the treble just right with the Hugo 2. Haha. But then my standard for a while has been the Shure KSE. That guy can be bright easily.

Haven't tried with my Mojo yet (someone else is borrowing it). I imagine it would take the treble a tad but also I worry about it adding warm where the IE 900 doesn't need extra. I'll update once I get the Mojo back.

Oct 31, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #2,562 of 4,913
Anyone has experience with such cables? I would try them but tbh not sure what to think. They basically promise the same materials as crazy expensive custom so im sceptical. Never tried one of these china cables but im tempted to do so. What type of material would you guys recommend? They offer occ copper, silver plated, gold plated and full silver cable as far as i can tell

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-180822_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20211031-180822_AliExpress.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 0
Oct 31, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #2,563 of 4,913
It seems fairly pricy for an aliexpress cable, 80€ is entry level for some brands. Dunno about the connectors, though.

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #2,565 of 4,913

I see that you said the conx connector is not as tight as the stock ie900 cable, I think you're not connecting it properly. Looking at your picture the connection is not all the way into the ie900 socket, you need to push the connector gently until it clicked.

It happened to me too, until I realized I didn't connected it properly.

See this post for a pictures of conx and ie900 properly connected: Post in thread 'Effect Audio cables thread' https://www.head-fi.org/threads/effect-audio-cables-thread.787717/post-16591967

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back