Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Oct 31, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #2,566 of 4,836
I liked my EVO1 (Copper+SPC+GPC) but frankly I really like this cable with most of my collection :p

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #2,567 of 4,836
On the contrary, I find the treble just right with the Hugo 2. Haha. But then my standard for a while has been the Shure KSE. That guy can be bright easily.

Haven't tried with my Mojo yet (someone else is borrowing it). I imagine it would take the treble a tad but also I worry about it adding warm where the IE 900 doesn't need extra. I'll update once I get the Mojo back.
I think joshnor713 is spot on with the pairing. IE 900 has a lot of warmth in its sound already, so pairing with Mojo adds too much base emphasis (specially for base heavy pop music, taking away the airiness of some songs, though it sound just right for Jazz type of music)

I am looking for a paring like ie800 + mojo. To me that combo is just magical (where warmth and airiness of music is just perfect, my ie800 not functioning anymore, the only reason I bought Xelento and now IE 900).

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #2,568 of 4,836
Different tunings from IE 900
What's needed:
IE 900 + LG V50 + Wevelet app( Google play store)
My Recipe for more airy sound...

Make sure LGV50 is in AUX mode. (Remove one earbud from cable and plug into headphone socket to activate this mode)
follow the screenshots below. (of course the combinations you can try out here are endless :))

Below 5th and 6th screenshots that I have selected for bit more airy sound.. ( you can dial in the how much of the effect you want applied by selecting last setting, auto eq strength )

Screenshot-20211101-152526.png
Screenshot-20211101-152539.png
Screenshot-20211101-152613.png
Screenshot-20211101-152653.png
Screenshot-20211101-152704.png
Screenshot-20211101-152707.png

try the below track with above above modifications to listen for yourself
Youn Nun Nah - Lento

Nov 16, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #2,569 of 4,836
Haven't checked in for a while, but just wanted to share that this combo is proving exceptional as my daily driver when I want top-tier SQ for casually listening around the house, using my phone as source, sending via LDAC BT to the Go Blu. Exceptional synergy with the IE 900, so clean, clear and smooth, and punchy when it needs to be (even without X-Bass, which gives the IE 900 some extra kick if you want it).

My upcoming Go Blu review will feature this combo as the highlight.

PSX_20211115_164020.jpg

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #2,571 of 4,836
Hello all! My ie900 is my first high end iem and I am so glad I got it after a long backorder from my local store.

Coming from the momentum1, 2 and devialet gemini, the ie900 gave me a wow factor and still surprises me how its small and lightweight size can produce such delightful bass. The wide soundstage and level of clarity is high class. However, after 50 hours of listening, I slowly found that the ie900 has really bright treble that sometimes I find a bit too much for my ears. Only on certain songs such as ‘Bring it home - Sick individuals’.

I am not sure if it is because of my source or high volume. I am using iphone 11 pro apple music with w2 balanced 4.4mm. Eartips spinfit cp360 as the stock does not seal properly in my ears. Settings on w2 is normal eq, normal sdf, high gain, fast flt, tune 02 and volume 60. Anything higher than 60 gets too loud for me.

I chose the w2 because of portability. Usually listens to music mostly while walking around only with my pockets. So its just my wallet, iphone and iem.

I tried tweaking the eq on apple music but its all profiled already so I chose treble reducer. I did not like it as it flattens the upper mids.

I have bought acoustune aet07 and hope it can reduce a bit of the brightness. Anyone can recommend me a way so I can reduce treble just slightly? Maybe a good eq app? Or another tips/cable/dap? Appreciate the help! 😄

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2,572 of 4,836
However, after 50 hours of listening, I slowly found that the ie900 has really bright treble that sometimes I find a bit too much for my ears. Only on certain songs such as ‘Bring it home - Sick individuals’.

I own the IE800 S with the same issue. I've used some EQ on my AK Norma (- 1.5 DB at 8 KHz) - the treble is now much smoother. I suggest you the same.

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #2,573 of 4,836
Yeah I am looking to reduce around 1.5-2 dB at 7-8 KHz as well but need a decent app to do that and most need a premium subscription 😓

I can live with the really bright treble because some songs really produce nice fluid female vocals and instrumental separation that I love from this iem. Its just sometimes certain songs play and I can’t stop ignoring it anymore after a while 😅

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #2,574 of 4,836
Hello all! My ie900 is my first high end iem and I am so glad I got it after a long backorder from my local store.

Coming from the momentum1, 2 and devialet gemini, the ie900 gave me a wow factor and still surprises me how its small and lightweight size can produce such delightful bass. The wide soundstage and level of clarity is high class. However, after 50 hours of listening, I slowly found that the ie900 has really bright treble that sometimes I find a bit too much for my ears. Only on certain songs such as ‘Bring it home - Sick individuals’.

I am not sure if it is because of my source or high volume. I am using iphone 11 pro apple music with w2 balanced 4.4mm. Eartips spinfit cp360 as the stock does not seal properly in my ears. Settings on w2 is normal eq, normal sdf, high gain, fast flt, tune 02 and volume 60. Anything higher than 60 gets too loud for me.

I chose the w2 because of portability. Usually listens to music mostly while walking around only with my pockets. So its just my wallet, iphone and iem.

I tried tweaking the eq on apple music but its all profiled already so I chose treble reducer. I did not like it as it flattens the upper mids.

I have bought acoustune aet07 and hope it can reduce a bit of the brightness. Anyone can recommend me a way so I can reduce treble just slightly? Maybe a good eq app? Or another tips/cable/dap? Appreciate the help! 😄
Have you tried the stock foam tips? They should fit better than silicone ones and they are much better than other foam tips, only slightly reducing treble.

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #2,575 of 4,836
Have you tried the stock foam tips? They should fit better than silicone ones and they are much better than other foam tips, only slightly reducing treble.

Yes I tried all of them and the L stock foam tips give a proper seal. However my ears start to hurt after a while because its a bit too tight in my ears.

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #2,576 of 4,836

I listened to the track ‘Bring it home - Sick individuals’ it doesn't seem sibilant to me. My setup = IE900 + Hidiz S9Pro + 3.5 mm single ended. One reason I settled for single ended cable is that, when listening with 2.5mm balanced cable, the base and tribble tightness is bit too much for my liking making it less relaxing for long listening sessions. You have mentioned that you use high gain on W2. That might be too much for IE 900 causing to be too bright, as it is a very efficient IEM.

Nov 18, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #2,579 of 4,836
Don't try to fix headphones with different sources. If the FR does not agree with you either EQ it, try different tips or just get other IEMs.
^ This.

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #2,580 of 4,836
Don't try to fix headphones with different sources. If the FR does not agree with you either EQ it, try different tips or just get other IEMs.
+1. That said, if it's only the occasional track that's tripping you up, don't stress too much. Also, higher volume exacerbates bright treble, so maybe dial it down for harsher tracks. If you're finding IE 900 excellent for most of your music, that's the goal. No IEM will be 100% perfect for 100% of your music - there's always the odd poorly recorded or bright or distorted track that a high-end IEM will expose. That's just the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back