Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Sep 12, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #2,311 of 4,836
Maybe some of the price discrepancies are due to retailers choosing to sell for more/less than the RRP? Not that it justifies and may not be the case, but demand exceeding supply often leads to price hikes and brands generally have no control over what a retailer sells at.

In the case of Sennheiser themselves, I can't see why they would have differing RRPs other than where VAT differences exist.

Interesting to note the law in India and Bangladesh is that you cannot sell above an 'MRP', maximum retail price... sorry, an area of interest for me due to earlier career associations!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_retail_price

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 13, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #2,312 of 4,836
Just today I received package with my brand new IE900. So I decided to share first impressions
  • Sound is awesome just out of the box
  • They are very comfortable
  • I'm not much of fan of cables, they are quite microphonic and look bit cheap
I'm using them on FIIO M15, there no background noise at all. However I noticed they were able to reveal lot of detail (sometimes even noise and other defects) in few songs I was able to try out.

Now I'll let them to burn in a bit and then maybe compare to my Focal Clear and Shure 535.

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #2,313 of 4,836
Just today I received package with my brand new IE900. So I decided to share first impressions
  • Sound is awesome just out of the box
  • They are very comfortable
  • I'm not much of fan of cables, they are quite microphonic and look bit cheap
I'm using them on FIIO M15, there no background noise at all. However I noticed they were able to reveal lot of detail (sometimes even noise and other defects) in few songs I was able to try out.

Now I'll let them to burn in a bit and then maybe compare to my Focal Clear and Shure 535.
I envision the Shure 535 will never be touched again. Never heard the focal clear though.

Sep 13, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #2,319 of 4,836
Disagree. I mean you could decide between them, which one offers you the better music listening experience...
I would say they offer a different music listening experience, different enough to make me undecisive about it :D
How is the bass in comparison? Thanks.
I definitely prefer the IE 900 bass. Extension-wise there is no contest , and while the Clear has decent rumble and slam, the Senny obviously takes the win as far as I'm concerned.

Sep 13, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #2,320 of 4,836
I would say they offer a different music listening experience, different enough to make me undecisive about it :D

I definitely prefer the IE 900 bass. Extension-wise there is no contest , and while the Clear has decent rumble and slam, the Senny obviously takes the win as far as I'm concerned.
Nice. Im not a big fan of iems, but nice bass response is very good since most open backs have anemic bass unless you eq them.

Sep 13, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #2,321 of 4,836
I was listening to my HD650s today after not using over ears for a number of weeks and the way the bass made my outer ear feel was a bit of a surprise.

I was not expecting it but it give a really tactile feel to the bass that is lost in IEMs.

Obviously iems have greater extension but it just made me realise that there is more to the whole experience than what our eardrum picks up.

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #2,322 of 4,836
I was listening to my HD650s today after not using over ears for a number of weeks and the way the bass made my outer ear feel was a bit of a surprise.

I was not expecting it but it give a really tactile feel to the bass that is lost in IEMs.

Obviously iems have greater extension but it just made me realise that there is more to the whole experience than what our eardrum picks up.
Indeed.
You're an the right track, I'd say.
As much as I like the sound of the FD5, it can't replace my Era-1 at all.
The vibration on the auricle and behind is still a part of "a" listening experience.
Though the FD5 is getting a lot more play time, mainly bc it's summer, I guess. ^^

I'm a bit scary of the IE900, bc it's one contender to replace the lovely FD5, which replaces my D9200 most of the time. :)

Time will tell. I'm a very patient person. :wink:

Sep 14, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #2,323 of 4,836
I just received my IE900 today and I am really excited to try it out with my DX160, RME DAC and topping A30pro.

I'm especially looking forward to comparing it with the dunu zen.
Hi Nitro,

Can you share impressions from the A30 pro + IE900 pairing? Interested in getting the A30 pro but not many reviews on headfi so far..

Thank you!

Sep 14, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #2,325 of 4,836
Hi Nitro,

Can you share impressions from the A30 pro + IE900 pairing? Interested in getting the A30 pro but not many reviews on headfi so far..

Thank you!
I'm on vacation right now, so unfortunately no access to the topping.

But in my very brief time with the ie900 at home and using the A30pro I was very satisfied! I really love the signature of the ie900 and as the topping is quite transparent, it only shows the best features of the Sennheiser.

I could not tell you if it sounds "better" as with the dx160, but it most definitely did not sound worse. I'll do some direct comparisons as soon as I get back home.

Overall I am really enjoying the A30pro with virtually all my headphones, but I don't believe that a (transparent solid state amp) changes the signature of any iem/headphone in a meaningful way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back