Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jun 27, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #1,471 of 4,836
Can you please compare the microphonics of the brise audio? Does taps and clanks get transferred up to your ears like in the stock cable?

Yes similar unfortunately. But the cable does fit very securely around your ears once you find the right position and along with the slider, I don't get any microphonics.

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #1,472 of 4,836
I'm kindof spoiled in that the stock M silicone tips always fit like a glove. From the original IE4 / CX 300 (remember those days?!?) to IE 900 and every model in between, I have been able to blindly use M on them all. I ways try the others out of curiosity but end up staying with stockies. What I have truly enjoyed, however, is the stage 1/2 of both IE 300 and IE 900. The fit is very, very comfortable with a terrific amount of noise isolation when the exit nozzle and eartip are at their longest. It's great to see the community sharing their best practices and experiences for cables and tips with the new Sennheiser in-ears so quickly after release. I see a handful of combinations I want to try in the near future, not just for listening myself but for loaning out my sets. Keep those impressions coming!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jun 27, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #1,473 of 4,836
Mannnn! I did so much burn-in in my life that I can sense if the gear I am listening to has or not passed the proper burn-in time 🤣😅

So the golden rule of thumb is:
200 hours for iem/headphones and cables
50 hours for adapters
500 hours for daps
How many hours for tips?

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #1,475 of 4,836
So the people at Brise found a way to have a cable sound like trash, but kinda repair itself within 150 hours of usage. Boy that is excellent engineering. The sound blackout on your first listen was a side effect of their magic engineering process go live. That is world class ........
Correct

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #1,476 of 4,836
How many hours for tips?

Ummm the tips you eat them sorry for the confusion 😅😛🤣

There is a continuous to the story but you guess the rest 😂😂😂

The correct question is, how much for the brain?

Brain burn-in is quite difficult to calculate I haven't figured that one yet 🤯

@jmills8
Its black voodoo magic bro

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #1,477 of 4,836
Well this is a thread for IE900 , when some members post about how cables changed the sound ,for many that's totally irrelevant too. Maybe there should be a pararell thread for that. Lol
Many never had the opportunity to test various high end cables. In Asia , and I bet a few other places , one can sit and try 5 , 8 , 12 high end cables. A few will stand out. I have tested cables for 8 years and I dont look at how much they cost.

How many hours for tips?
Correct , after say 25 hrs the tips will not snap back as strong so ofcourse less seal and big sound change. Test it , test an old set of tips with a new one. Foam tips gets wet , collects wax , loses elasticity. Silicone falls apart after awhile.

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #1,478 of 4,836
Correct , after say 25 hrs the tips will not snap back as strong so ofcourse less seal and big sound change. Test it , test an old set of tips with a new one. Foam tips gets wet , collects wax , loses elasticity. Silicone falls apart after awhile.
Ehhh, how about SD cards?
And what brand and model is more musical while retaining all the technicalities?

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #1,479 of 4,836
And what brand and model is more musical while retaining all the technicalities?
No opinion on cards I never tested the 40 or so I have. Best just believe what helps you not spend money. You do not need to shop every week.

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #1,480 of 4,836
No opinion on cards I never tested the 40 or so I have. Best just believe what helps you not spend money. You do not need to shop every week.
Thanks, I've been losing sleep over it.

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #1,481 of 4,836
Jun 27, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #1,483 of 4,836
Cover or original, it's all a vehicle.
But not the same and not the same sound nor the same passion. All that was lost.

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #1,484 of 4,836

Go for SanDisk extreme pro they are the best. 🤣😂 Dont ask cause thats another can of worms! And yes I did test a bunch of sd cards as well and they do in fact affect sound quality!

Well everything affects sound quality 😳😁🤯🎉

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #1,485 of 4,836
But not the same and not the same sound nor the same passion. All that was lost.
Passion is within the observer.

Music and sound is like religion somehow . People mostly forget about the core and are more engaged in tthe fluff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back