Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jun 26, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #1,411 of 4,836
Not that I have the IE-900 (yet), but since I owned an Andromeda S I cannot imagine it being more comfortable with triple(!) the weight and its angular shape. Give it some more time perhaps? Maybe your ears need some adjustment period.
Since it's Saturday anyways, I will test them the rest of the Weekend and then see what happens.

Jun 26, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #1,412 of 4,836
I can clearly hear the peaks of the treble with 3rd party tips. It's not subtle; the iem treble presents with grain.

The mesh in the official tips is significant. Necessary for me personally.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #1,413 of 4,836
Acoustone 07 are my favourite. Sedna EarFit short also very good. Getting some CP500 to try on Monday. Spiral Dots the most comfy but diffuse the sound a touch.
Thanks :) I’ve been using CP500’s on another iem and they’re great. Similar to CP155’s but a bit shorter. I’m hoping the stock tips work for me but I don’t like my chances.

IE900 will arrive mid-next week. Can’t wait to finally hear them!

Jun 26, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #1,414 of 4,836
so here are some early impressions after some listening through my RME ADI-2 DAC (IEM out): The IE900 is like a more refined IE300. Both have a lot in common. (coherence, separation, spaciouseness, resolution)
The IE900 is less warm and bloated in the upper bass and lower mids, vocals sound a bit more forward and realistic. Treble is noticeable smoother and less elevated. The way how the bass slope is sculpted really hits the sweet spot for me.
So it is less of a V-Shape than the IE300 and a smoother and a more neutral listen overall (still not a neutral IEM though). I have the feeling the main difference is really the tuning and not so much differences in technicalities. The IE900 might be a bit more resolving in the treble.
With EQ it is easy to remove some bloat from the IE300 and add some more mids. Though more refinement in treble is not easy to achieve with EQ.

I wouldn't want to use the IE300 without EQ. It has basically too much treble for me. The IE900, I like without EQ, though the treble can also have some sizzle to it. So depending on the music I may like to reduce the treble a bit as well.
If you don't shy away from EQ the IE300 looks like a good value. So let's see how my impressions will change over the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #1,415 of 4,836
I tried what I think are the CP500 and they are too wide so don't stay on unfortunately.

This one?

20210626_193149.jpg

Jun 26, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #1,416 of 4,836
Yeah, fwiw, I also tried CP500 and the stems aren't very snug on the IE 900. They came off and stayed in my ears every time I removed the ear pieces. The CP100, OTOH, are working nicely for me so far (surprised I actually like them sound-wise...first time I've been able to say that about a Spinfit tip ever...YMMV as always). Ordered some CP100+ (2021 version of these tips); they are supposedly a little different in terms of materials used.

Jun 26, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #1,417 of 4,836
Did some sine sweeps and noticed excess treble energy around 11khz-12khz. So this is really a problem area which does add a lot of zing (and air). It really helps to reduce the upper treble by 6dB.
It may sound impressive at first but becomes fatiguing for me otherwise.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #1,418 of 4,836
Yeah, fwiw, I also tried CP500 and the stems aren't very snug on the IE 900. They came off and stayed in my ears every time I removed the ear pieces. The CP100, OTOH, are working nicely for me so far (surprised I actually like them sound-wise...first time I've been able to say that about a Spinfit tip ever...YMMV as always). Ordered some CP100+ (2021 version of these tips); they are supposedly a little different in terms of materials used.

I got the CP100+ recently, very nice and using at the moment with IER-M9. I must try with IE900.

Jun 26, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #1,420 of 4,836
Enjoy guys,

See if his thoughts align with those who own these already.

I don't think there are many substantive IE 900 video reviews out there, so thank you. I have it saved to watch later.

-----

EDIT: Also, @Scuba Devils thanks for the Yagya rec. the other day. An artist I hadn't thought of in a while; I already had the Fifth Force EP but went on a bit of a buying binge last night to grab other stuff.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #1,421 of 4,836
I don't think there are many substantive IE 900 video reviews out there, so thank you. I have it saved to watch later.

-----

EDIT: Also, @Scuba Devils thanks for the Yagya rec. the other day. An artist I hadn't thought of in a while; I already had the Fifth Force EP but went on a bit of a buying binge last night to grab other stuff.

It's a great album, quite different to his previous works.

I've now ordered the Acoustune AET07 to try - they look quite similar to the Tanchjim T300 actually which are very nice.

Jun 26, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #1,423 of 4,836
It's a great album, quite different to his previous works.

I've now ordered the Acoustune AET07 to try - they look quite similar to the Tanchjim T300 actually which are very nice.
I ordered a pair of the AET07 as well, but I'm dubious as to whether it'll seal for me with this set. I've just found over my journey that I need something ~14mm to achieve seal in my relatively large ear outer canal, and I don't think the AET07 size L exceed 13mm. Figured it's worth a few $ to try though and if they don't work w/ the IE 900, they might with the very few deeper insertion IEMs (mainly Ety) that I can use.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back