Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jun 26, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #1,397 of 4,836
Just got my IE 900. Unfortunately none of the Silicone Tips fit and the Foam Tips have significant less Bass even tho they seal well. Looks like I have to return these.
...or, use third party tips. Which many people have done to get even BETTER sound from the IE900. I didn't even bother with the stock tips after trying them briefly. And the IE900 is now at or near the top of the best I've heard in this hobby. Well worth the minor inconvenience of tip rolling (which is par for the course in the high-end IEM market).

Jun 26, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #1,398 of 4,836
...or, use third party tips. Which many people have done to get even BETTER sound from the IE900. I didn't even bother with the stock tips after trying them briefly. And the IE900 is now at or near the top of the best I've heard in this hobby. Well worth the minor inconvenience of tip rolling (which is par for the course in the high-end IEM market).
Yeah I get that. Unfortunately they use the Mesh in the Tips to reduce the Spikes and that's an important part of the Sound.

Jun 26, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #1,399 of 4,836
These Symbios are my current favourites. I've tried stock again and silicone absolutely no use, foam not bad but I've had significantly better results with a variety of others.

20210625_214901.jpg

Jun 26, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #1,401 of 4,836
Kinda conflicted when It comes to the IEM. The Bass is insane. But i don't know if i like the Mids and Treble. They are insanely comfy tho. Need to do some A/B testing with my Andromeda S.

Edit: Looks like I have weird Ears. They actually hurt a litte bit due to the Aluminum finish. Have to send them back.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #1,402 of 4,836
What tips are you using bud?

Jun 26, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #1,405 of 4,836
Yeah I get that. Unfortunately they use the Mesh in the Tips to reduce the Spikes and that's an important part of the Sound.
The importance of the mesh in the tips is overstated. IME it makes little to no difference to the treble. You can get even smoother treble with a tip roll (Final E or Spiral Dot tips for example). But, if the fit is ultimately uncomfortable for you, then maybe they're just not for you.

Jun 26, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #1,406 of 4,836
The importance of the mesh in the tips is overstated. IME it makes little to no difference to the treble. You can get even smoother treble with a tip roll (Final E or Spiral Dot tips for example). But, if the fit is ultimately uncomfortable for you, then maybe they're just not for you.
I used my Final Audio Tips and started to like the Sound more. But then the IEM's started to feel uncomfortable. It's a shame. Back to the Andromeda S, I guess.

Jun 26, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #1,407 of 4,836
I used my Final Audio Tips and started to like the Sound more. But then the IEM's started to feel uncomfortable. It's a shame. Back to the Andromeda S, I guess.
Not that I have the IE-900 (yet), but since I owned an Andromeda S I cannot imagine it being more comfortable with triple(!) the weight and its angular shape. Give it some more time perhaps? Maybe your ears need some adjustment period.

Jun 26, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #1,408 of 4,836
I found removing the foam inserts from the stock tips made a huge difference in treble peaks both with the IE300 & IE100 but of course I haven't tried the IE900. There's graphs showing the relative differences. It'll depend on the individual however if that difference is perceptible.

Jun 26, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #1,409 of 4,836
I found removing the foam inserts from the stock tips made a huge difference in treble peaks both with the IE300 & IE100 but of course I haven't tried the IE900. There's graphs showing the relative differences. It'll depend on the individual however if that difference is perceptible.
With the stock tips perhaps, but other tips affect treble (and other frequencies) differently to the stock tips, so like me you may find there are tips that help shape the sound more to your preferences. It would be interesting to see graphs of the IE900 with (intact) stock tips vs a range of other popular third party tips. Thankfully tip rolling is relatively easy and inexpensive compared to the cost of the IEMs, or even third party cable replacements.

Jun 26, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #1,410 of 4,836
Tried Spinfit CP100 last night. Might be the first time ever I'll try sticking with Spinfit anything (they've always looked great on paper, but have previously not worked for me in various iterations). I liked the CP100 enough to order a 2-pair package of the CP100+ (along with a pair of @gLer 's favored AET07 to try so I could get free shipping from MTMT).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back