Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jun 15, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #1,111 of 4,854
Well, the Brise cable is specifically "tuned" for the IE900, so it's likely to retain the sound of the stock cable but enhance the technicalities - which is exactly what a good upgrade cable should do in my estimation, especially since the majority of people who have the IE900 seem to actually like the original tuning.

@jmills8 is right that tips will definitely make a more dramatic modification to the sound (more bass, less bass, airy sounding, more intimate, etc). The same, of course, with headphone pads.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to testing, so much that I paid to get an express shipment!

Tips make a massive difference. I tried Azla Shorts the other day, initially I thought good but way too bright on lots of tracks. They are my go-to now on other IEMs but definitely not for IE900.

Jun 15, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,112 of 4,854
Yeah I'm really looking forward to testing, so much that I paid to get an express shipment!

Tips make a massive difference. I tried Azla Shorts the other day, initially I thought good but way too bright on lots of tracks. They are my go-to now on other IEMs but definitely not for IE900.
Ah OK, good to know about express option. You'll probably receive yours before me knowing how slow the Austrian customs are.

I find the stock medium sized silicon tips work well, though I did order some Xelastec and Spiral Dots just to experiment with the fit.

Jun 15, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #1,113 of 4,854
Ah OK, good to know about express option. You'll probably receive yours before me knowing how slow the Austrian customs are.

I find the stock medium sized silicon tips work well, though I did order some Xelastec and Spiral Dots just to experiment with the fit.

I'm going on holiday soon and they would have arrived while I was away, FedEx Express is 2-3 working days.

I'm using MandarinEs Symbio tips at the moment and working very well in terms of fit and sound. They had been my preference also with DUNU ZEN.

Jun 15, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #1,114 of 4,854
I'm going on holiday soon and they would have arrived while I was away, FedEx Express is 2-3 working days.

I'm using MandarinEs Symbio tips at the moment and working very well in terms of fit and sound. They had been my preference also with DUNU ZEN.
I'm currently listening with Acoustune 07 tips. Excellent seal, clear sound, very comfortable. A big improvement over the stock silicone.

Jun 15, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #1,115 of 4,854
Peeps in the U.S., from where are you ordering the IE900? Two online shops I've purchased from in the past still show it as pre-order; I presume drop shipped from Sennheiser North America...

I buy all my gear only from manufacturer, it helps better financially to the brand directly and you get a direct user experience and support.

Well, the Brise cable is specifically "tuned" for the IE900, so it's likely to retain the sound of the stock cable but enhance the technicalities - which is exactly what a good upgrade cable should do in my estimation, especially since the majority of people who have the IE900 seem to actually like the original tuning.

@jmills8 is right that tips will definitely make a more dramatic modification to the sound (more bass, less bass, airy sounding, more intimate, etc). The same, of course, with headphone pads.

Brise Audio looks very neet and sexy! That gold 4.4mm dang it matches my 1z all the way! Bling blings

From my experience everything matters, eartips, cables and daps. You need to find your favorite synergy

Jun 16, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #1,116 of 4,854
As planned I collected a demo, brand new, ie900 yesterday and I'm listening now from my phone with a E1DA Susumu3000 edition.

While I was collecting the ie900 I had the opportunity to hear a pair of Wilson Audio Chronosonic XVX Loudspeakers (£340,000) the shop owner and I both agreed that the Wilson Audio speakers have a very balanced non-fatiguing effortless listening experience, perhaps a little too polite, the listener is enveloped in sound that has just the right mix of tonality balance with no particular part of the audio spectrum standing out in any way.

By total coincidence to my ears the ie900 is the Wilson Audio sound in an IEM and at a 340th of the cost. I could never afford the speakers or even have a decent room to put them in, but I can experience the same kind of sound with the ie900.

Perfect, please can I have my membership number @ericpalonen :)

Jun 16, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #1,117 of 4,854
As planned I collected a demo, brand new, ie900 yesterday and I'm listening now from my phone with a E1DA Susumu3000 edition.

While I was collecting the ie900 I had the opportunity to hear a pair of Wilson Audio Chronosonic XVX Loudspeakers (£340,000) the shop owner and I both agreed that the Wilson Audio speakers have a very balanced non-fatiguing effortless listening experience, perhaps a little too polite, the listener is enveloped in sound that has just the right mix of tonality balance with no particular part of the audio spectrum standing out in any way.

By total coincidence to my ears the ie900 is the Wilson Audio sound in an IEM and at a 340th of the cost. I could never afford the speakers or even have a decent room to put them in, but I can experience the same kind of sound with the ie900.

Do you have any pictures for us?

Jun 16, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #1,118 of 4,854
1623835211662.png

Jun 16, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #1,119 of 4,854

Seriously, this resonates so much with me. One of the best-articulated observations I've seen on Head-Fi, and I've been here a while. Well done.

Jun 16, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #1,120 of 4,854
I’ve had the IE900 for a few weeks now. I agree with many of the observations here. After I discovered that using the smallest tip in position one was my favorite, I re-experienced a lot of my music with extreme delight and satisfaction. As my trading history can attest to, I don’t often stick with IEMs.

However, this IE900 is vintage Sennheiser - top of the class. When I joined head-fi, if you wanted the best you got the Sennheiser HD600 with good amplification. A few years later, it was the HD800 for the incredible sound stage. This joins that elite group in my mind. I’m not willing to spend more for the incremental benefits. I’m totally satisfied with what I hear. The package is perfect for carrying the IEM and any necessary tools. Despite all the talk about cables, I think the ones that come with the headphone are good. Despite the small number of tips, I found the one I liked just by going small instead of looking at my regular medium or large tips.

It‘s not often that I say that I’m ready to go into head-fi hibernation (IE delete the link to head-fi) with the kit that I have now, but I’m good to go. Kudos to Sennheiser for delivering a masterpiece!

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #1,122 of 4,854
Does anyone else find these benefit from 50hrs or so of 'burn in'? When I first got them they sounded ok/good now they're very good, the well controlled and deep bass especially.
Wouldn't surprise me if they do. Most DD IEMs benefit from burn-in, some more than others. 50-100h is my go-to.

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #1,123 of 4,854

We're running a special today: £340k off on a new #IE900Club membership! Welcome to the club and you're welcome for saving you a 30 year bank note 😁

I’ve had the IE900 for a few weeks now. I agree with many of the observations here. After I discovered that using the smallest tip in position one was my favorite, I re-experienced a lot of my music with extreme delight and satisfaction. As my trading history can attest to, I don’t often stick with IEMs.

However, this IE900 is vintage Sennheiser - top of the class. When I joined head-fi, if you wanted the best you got the Sennheiser HD600 with good amplification. A few years later, it was the HD800 for the incredible sound stage. This joins that elite group in my mind. I’m not willing to spend more for the incremental benefits. I’m totally satisfied with what I hear. The package is perfect for carrying the IEM and any necessary tools. Despite all the talk about cables, I think the ones that come with the headphone are good. Despite the small number of tips, I found the one I liked just by going small instead of looking at my regular medium or large tips.

It‘s not often that I say that I’m ready to go into head-fi hibernation (IE delete the link to head-fi) with the kit that I have now, but I’m good to go. Kudos to Sennheiser for delivering a masterpiece!
Well said and thank you on behalf of Sennheiser for those awesome compliments! Welcome to the #IE900club and thank you for your purchase. Enjoy, and don't forget to share some of your go-to tracks so @Evshrug can add them to our running IE900 playlist. Cheers!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back