Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #3,046 of 7,699
does anyone know of a right angled silver cable for these? all i see are straights everywhere :frowning2:
edit: So far i've found 1 site where i can like custom build the cable i want but with silver wire and right angle connector its 165 and that seems rediculous to me, i've also messaged the Galaxy Silver seller on ebay to see if its possible to get the cable with a right angled plug.
As many people that claim silver cables make a difference theres probably 5 for every 1 that say otherwise so i'm hesitant to buy anything at this point.

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #3,047 of 7,699
Quote:
does anyone know of a right angled silver cable for these? all i see are straights everywhere :frowning2:
edit: So far i've found 1 site where i can like custom build the cable i want but with silver wire and right angle connector its 165 and that seems rediculous to me, i've also messaged the Galaxy Silver seller on ebay to see if its possible to get the cable with a right angled plug.
As many people that claim silver cables make a difference theres probably 5 for every 1 that say otherwise so i'm hesitant to buy anything at this point.

Deadguy you can request for the silver galaxy cable to be modified so you can wear it around the ears. I had this done and wear mine over ears.

Regarding conflicting comments well not everyone is gonna be 100% in accordance. The fact that 5 to 1 like it would be in your favor. If you go from those statistics you are 5 times likely to like it more than the base cable. If you are unsure then don't worry about it and skip the cable.

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #3,048 of 7,699
Are you saying that I can not wear the silver galaxy cable around the ear. 
eek.gif
 I guess that I should have asked. 

One silver galaxy cable FS: LNIB. 
frown.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #3,050 of 7,699
Guys really disappointed to say i might have to sell my IE80s soon. I've been getting headaches recently and at first i thought it might be the air conditioning in the room but after spending a few nights with the air con off that's not it. The IE80s are causing me headaches i think because the entire driver sits in my ear with slight pressure.

I've been relegated to using my old Sennheiser HD 280 pros for the past few days and no headaches at all. Maybe IEMs aren't for me? It's a blow because i really enjoy the sound, the 280 pro's dont compare at all.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #3,051 of 7,699
Quote:
Are you saying that I can not wear the silver galaxy cable around the ear. 
eek.gif
 I guess that I should have asked. 

One silver galaxy cable FS: LNIB. 
frown.gif

Yes you can. Just when you order tell him to make it so you can wear it over ear. I wear mine over ear :).

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #3,052 of 7,699
Quote:
Guys really disappointed to say i might have to sell my IE80s soon. I've been getting headaches recently and at first i thought it might be the air conditioning in the room but after spending a few nights with the air con off that's not it. The IE80s are causing me headaches i think because the entire driver sits in my ear with slight pressure.

I've been relegated to using my old Sennheiser HD 280 pros for the past few days and no headaches at all. Maybe IEMs aren't for me? It's a blow because i really enjoy the sound, the 280 pro's dont compare at all.

Strange because I've never gotten a headache from the IE80s. I've gotten major headaches from my Custom TF10s though. So if that is the case maybe IEMs aren't for you.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #3,054 of 7,699
Quote:
- Full-size headphone Denon D2000
- IE80
Which one has the deeper bass? I love very deep and punchy bass :D
But, I can't buy both of them...

For me the d2k was superior. The impact on this full sized can is hard to beat. The ie80 goes very deep  and has a better overall balanced sound. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #3,058 of 7,699
Wel... I ordered the headphones from amazon.it since it was the cheapest price ive ever seen from an authorized retailer coming out to 270ish and today i get an email feom amazon.it saying they think my account was compromised and my password was automatically changed and my credit card removed from payment options lol. So i changed all my passwords just in case and added my info again and reordered, lets see how it turns out. I dont blame them seeing an american account acces an itialian site ordering something but still annoying.

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #3,059 of 7,699
Lee i was referring to the 3.5mm plug not the earphone plug :) i have the e17 attached to my ipod classic and with the fiio l1 on one side i need the other side with the headphone plug to lay flat so theres no stress on it while in my pocket since that side faces down and the line out faces up

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #3,060 of 7,699
Quote:
- Full-size headphone Denon D2000
- IE80
Which one has the deeper bass? I love very deep and punchy bass :D
But, I can't buy both of them...

Quote:

For me the d2k was superior. The impact on this full sized can is hard to beat. The ie80 goes very deep  and has a better overall balanced sound. 

Agree with the MattTCG, the denon's hit harder and go deeper but have recessed mids and get slightly sibilant at times. Where as the ie80's are more balaced in comparison but still have good bass impact, quantity and quality to boot. Cant go wrong with either imo, but i prefer my ie80's(ever so slightly) at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back