Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Sep 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #3,076 of 7,699
Quote:
I live in Indonesia that has quite small audiophile community and I doubt someone is selling used IE80 here

pffff.. I live in Moldova , the poorest country in Europe, with a population ~1.3 milion.. There are audiophiles everywhere. 

And yes, Sennheiser IE80's are overall a good choice, especially if those might be purchased for less then 300$. IE80's have no serious downfalls , the rest of the products in this price range have (like uncontrolled bass or the lack of bass, sibilant highs or a total lack of treble extension) , and yes, these IEM's perform quite well and pleasant on everything. There are few issues related with IE80's - Isolation (that might be improved with the right tips) and price . 

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #3,077 of 7,699
I have just purchased the Sennheiser IE80's. Still waiting for them to be delivered. Should arrive Monday.
After reading the posts in this thread and doing some online research I am sure they will be great. Can't wait to try them out ! 

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #3,078 of 7,699
I found that there is a significant difference between the ie80 straight from my ipod and when I use the e17. Much better with the e17!!

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #3,079 of 7,699
Quote:

pffff.. I live in Moldova , the poorest country in Europe, with a population ~1.3 milion.. There are audiophiles everywhere. 

And yes, Sennheiser IE80's are overall a good choice, especially if those might be purchased for less then 300$. IE80's have no serious downfalls , the rest of the products in this price range have (like uncontrolled bass or the lack of bass, sibilant highs or a total lack of treble extension) , and yes, these IEM's perform quite well and pleasant on everything. There are few issues related with IE80's - Isolation (that might be improved with the right tips) and price . 

I thought you hated them though Alex?

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #3,080 of 7,699
Quote:
I found that there is a significant difference between the ie80 straight from my ipod and when I use the e17. Much better with the e17!!

Try it with the Rocoo BA or Studio V 3rd ANV it'll blow your mind :wink:. Actually Matt I'm gonna be sending off the Rocoo BA on tour shortly. Did you wanna be included? Just write a review/impressions on the unit on the Rocoo BA thread afterward :). PM me and let me know.

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #3,081 of 7,699
Quote:
Try it with the Rocoo BA or Studio V 3rd ANV it'll blow your mind :wink:. Actually Matt I'm gonna be sending off the Rocoo BA on tour shortly. Did you wanna be included? Just write a review/impressions on the unit on the Rocoo BA thread afterward :). PM me and let me know.

PM'ed...
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #3,084 of 7,699
Quote:

Can you provide a link? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/8-x-Replacement-Ear-Phone-Ear-Bud-Headphone-Gel-Tips-Various-Colours-/230849404173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item7b6b04805e

Check his store out as he has medium and small sizes available as well. I use large black tips. Not sure if the other colors are the same material or not.

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #3,086 of 7,699
Quote:
I thought you hated them though Alex?

Well, I hated the price/performance ratio, my IE80 are not bad either.. No serious downfalls with the right tips, and I think I used to the bass hump and began appreciate it properly . The thing is, stock tips don't do the job right ...

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #3,087 of 7,699
Quote:

Well, I hated the price/performance ratio, my IE80 are not bad either.. No serious downfalls with the right tips, and I think I used to the bass hump and began appreciate it properly . The thing is, stock tips don't do the job right ...

Yeah can't argue with you on the stock tips. They are crap and I couldn't get a good seal with any of them. I use large JVC tips. Very cheap from amazon and does the trick the best. Even with my Tralucent 1Plus2s. If you want slightly more speed, and overall better sound I still recommend that silver cable. Try wait for matts impressions on the cable.

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #3,088 of 7,699
The cable is now in New York. Should have it Friday maybe. I have formulated a very solid impression of the stock cable on the ie80 and am anxiously waiting for the Silver Galaxy to make some comparisons. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #3,089 of 7,699
  I have been loving my IE80 for about a year.. Recently they have been used with the Rocoo BA and in the last week or so with the Studio V 3rd Anniverary. Now te BA was ok but the new Studio takes them to a whole different level. More open, tight deep bass and lovely extended highs. It's a great match.

I was using Silver Galaxy upgrade cable from Song's audio purchased on ebay for a while but recently bought the Toxic Cables Silver Poison and that has improved the sound even more.

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #3,090 of 7,699
Strangely enough I never experienced sibilance issues initially with the very same cable that exhibited the problem on my IE8s. Not sure why that was but the IE8 had major sibilance issues for a few days with the silver galaxy cable. :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back