Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 26, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #6,151 of 7,699
  maybe he just doesn't like V shaped headphones, and waiting 10years won't make him like them.
 if the sound isn't what was expected but isn't actually bad to someone's ears, then I'll say to wait. not for burn in but just because we have to remove a previous signature of another headphone from our head, and let the new one seek in. that does take time and 2 or 3 weeks is what I personally need.
but when I don't like a headphone, and don't like the sound of it, I certainly don't need 400h to know for sure. usually 10s is what it takes ^_^. if they don't sound real bad, for whatever reason, send them back.

i know i had a hard time fiinding headphones that i liked, i hated most headphones, besides hd650 and hd800. after a few hours i had gotten to ultrasone dj one pro.

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #6,152 of 7,699
Hi friends, I have done about 100 hours of pink noise, white noise burn-in on my IE80 but they still sound worse than my HD598 (which has not been burned in). Also, my TF10 sounded much better than my current state of IE80. Is HD598 really much better than IE80, considering it costs half that of IE80? I am very confused and saddened that I wasted a lot of money on my IE80.
strange experience, to me they are the best non customs at a still human price, and the fact they are still extremely populair 4 years after their release says it all

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #6,155 of 7,699
  how will you describe ie80's signature and how is 598's signature? and how is TF10's?

should be pretty intuitive to notice a difference ^_^.
about he TF10, it depends soooooo much on the source that it's another question entirely

Apr 26, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #6,157 of 7,699

should be pretty intuitive to notice a difference ^_^.
about he TF10, it depends soooooo much on the source that it's another question entirely

This is probably why I am not liking ie80. I like liquid like mids, i hate sharp highs and bass whatever is present is fine. Thats why 598 is better for me, i think. For my preference, which IEMs will you suggest me?

@skerry2006aj: Trance, rock, ambient.

Apr 26, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #6,158 of 7,699

This is probably why I am not liking ie80. I like liquid like mids, i hate sharp highs and bass whatever is present is fine. Thats why 598 is better for me, i think.

ie80 has better mids, they are sweeter, more refined than hd598. Treble should be similar, bass is much much more present, overwhelming on ie80. If you like hd598 mids, you should be totally in love with ie80 mids. 

Have you tried 2 most important things? do a tape mod, punch a hole in the tape, and use double flange medium tips? this should fix any problem.

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #6,161 of 7,699
  just curious which ear buds you guys are using to get a good fit? currently using the bi flange one provided in the package and there's still cant get a good fit for noise isolation

noise isolation is never going to be extreme with ie8, they are open afterall.

try other sizes for bi flange.

other options would be getting comply.

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #6,163 of 7,699
I use the same, once you pump up the volume, you don't hear any outside noises anymore, exept on an airplane:blush:

this is a very bad ideea. i strongly recommend protecting one's hearing.

I had found the best BASS ever.

take ie8/80
a fiio x5
a fiio e12a
do half tape mod
use eq on fiio x5 to go 125hz-2db.
use eq on fiio x5 to go last slider +2db.
use bass boost on fiio e12a to on.

This combo makes the best, bass i had ever encountered, it has 0 distortions and it is so full. better than anything i had encountered. i strongly recommend using this.

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #6,164 of 7,699
this is a very bad ideea. i strongly recommend protecting one's hearing.

I had found the best BASS ever.

take ie8/80
a fiio x5
a fiio e12a
do half tape mod
use eq on fiio x5 to go 125hz-2db.
use eq on fiio x5 to go last slider +2db.
use bass boost on fiio e12a to on.

This combo makes the best, bass i had ever encountered, it has 0 distortions and it is so full. better than anything i had encountered. i strongly recommend using this.
I did not mean up to dangerous level of course. I listen mainly to prog, avant-prog , so I like a good distortion free bass but play just loud enough to eliminate outside noise to a certain extend, because on the street it is safe not to be in a vacuum.

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #6,165 of 7,699
I did not mean up to dangerous level of course. I listen mainly to prog, avant-prog , so I like a good distortion free bass but play just loud enough to eliminate outside noise to a certain extend, because on the street it is safe not to be in a vacuum.

you are absolutley right!

i also listen loud, but i still get some noise from the street. Bucharest is a noisy place.

I considered the combo posted above the only combo with true deep and complete bass with zero distortion, that i ever heared. Maybe ie800 and a few can do better, but i am not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back