Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #1,486 of 7,699

Quote:
Sorry Shane for making my comment in the absolute lol. I was going from comparisons made between the two. I don't own the CLAS but I do own the DX100. I guess to be more fair we'll have to wait for more impressions to really confirm this. Considering the size factor and features I still feel the DX100 is the winner hands down. Its realistically "the portable audiophile player".

Jalo should have some soon I believe.  I'm not in a hurry, as I prefer not to be a beta tester but initial reports do sound good.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #1,489 of 7,699
Feb 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #1,491 of 7,699
Are the Sennheiser IE80's are made in Germany or assembled in China?

Those pics could be photoshoped with the S logo removed.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #1,494 of 7,699

Quote:
They are designed in Germany and assembled in China.

Well if assembled in China I will not be surprised the fake ones may sound as good as the real ones  - if not better accidentally. LOL.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #1,495 of 7,699

Quote:
Right now I am using the stock hard bi-flange tips. I like it, kinda gives earphone-esque atmosphere. Yeah, I don't like having "perfect seal" since it gives me a headache. 

Has the muddy sound been improved? The muddy sound may also be caused by improper seal IMO. Hope you enjoy the toys.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #1,497 of 7,699

Quote:
The muddiness has gone away. I am enjoying IE80 very much, especially with ballad/rnb genres.

That's good to hear. Try listen to the whole OST below (I actually posted this some time ago).

Maybe my ears are not trained enough, but for my music I can't fault the IE80 for anything at this point. I just hope the SQ stays where it is today without any changes in the future.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,498 of 7,699
It sounds superb, I think I will still have to give IE80 couple more days until I can comment on IE80's overall sound.

Not the perfect recording but I got the chills when I listened to it.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #1,499 of 7,699
Not really for me, if you look what happens with the fake Monster, no one counterfeit has the same sound quality as the originals. You are just losing 50$ if not more. I think that expensive transducer are better controlled, even in China ...

Quote:
Well if assembled in China I will not be surprised the fake ones may sound as good as the real ones  - if not better accidentally. LOL.

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #1,500 of 7,699

Quote:
Not really for me, if you look what happens with the fake Monster, no one counterfeit has the same sound quality as the originals. You are just losing 50$ if not more. I think that expensive transducer are better controlled, even in China ...

Let's hope those don't have the same transducers as ours. Perhaps Sennheiser can buy some of those and prove to us those are absolutely faked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back