Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #1,474 of 7,699

Quote:

Just add a Just Audio UHA 120 and you're set.

Its lack of a screen, only supports WAV, and no music organization makes it junk. At such a price point that is inexcusable even if it does sound better, not worth all its inconveniences and flaws. I also doubt Mike has heard the DX100 :).

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #1,475 of 7,699
I just got mine, such a great IEM. Love the fitting, it reminds me of PFE232. Almost weightless. Yeah, sure it doesn't have "amazing" isolation like typical Westone products. As much as I love my W4/UM3X I've always had comfort issues with them.

Time to play favouritism. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #1,476 of 7,699
I must say that I don't have any problems with the isolation. I use my RoCoo on volume 12-15 on the bus, only thing that 'bothers' me is my music.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #1,478 of 7,699

Quote:
I must say that I don't have any problems with the isolation. I use my RoCoo on volume 12-15 on the bus, only thing that 'bothers' me is my music.

Most people always comments on IE8's isolation, how it's sub-par compared to deep-insert iems such as Westone. I know exactly what they mean, but I prefer swallow insert like PFE or IE8/IE80, they work great for me. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #1,479 of 7,699

Quote:
Most people always comments on IE8's isolation, how it's sub-par compared to deep-insert iems such as Westone. I know exactly what they mean, but I prefer swallow insert like PFE or IE8/IE80, they work great for me. 

The Westones will have better isolation which equates to less volume needed to block out noise. The IE80s aren't as bad as people make them out to be but there are better solutions if you are just concerned with this. Custom IEMs would generally be the best solution when it comes to isolation though.

Feb 11, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #1,483 of 7,699

Quote:

I think the only way to get the best isolation is by deep and airtight seal or custom. Non of these two options work for me. The deep and airtight seal will cause discomfort (esp for long hrs of music) and possibly boomy sound as well.

Personally I absolutely prefer shallow insertion and non airtight seal for comfort and not being completely sound isolated from the world. If I feel the noise around me is getting a little bit too much, I just crank up the vol to offset the noise.

Quote:
It sounds pretty muddy compared to my W4/232 or EX600/1000 on low volumes. Once I crank the volume to 1/3 then it's nice and smooth and pretty laid back. 

it does sound a little bit muddy and perhaps a little slow right out of box. Give a few hrs of running and in one week these bad boys will show true identity. Also try different tips and hear the  sound difference.

Quote:
Right now I am using Sony Hybrids, what other tips do you guys suggest?

I have three pairs of tips that provide me with the fit and comfort, but there is one pair that provides me the best sound. This pair happens to be non stock tips (bi-flange large tips for the EPH100).

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #1,484 of 7,699

Quote:
Sorry to put a big stamp in your parade but the ibasso DX100 will crush that CLAS and is a smaller unit at that. It has 64 GB of onboard storage and micro SD slot so you can put 32 GB cards in it and 64 GB cards once the price comes down. Even the 128 GB cards when those become affordable.

So you've heard the CLAS?  Can you give some comparisons between the two?

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #1,485 of 7,699

Quote:
So you've heard the CLAS?  Can you give some comparisons between the two?

Sorry Shane for making my comment in the absolute lol. I was going from comparisons made between the two. I don't own the CLAS but I do own the DX100. I guess to be more fair we'll have to wait for more impressions to really confirm this. Considering the size factor and features I still feel the DX100 is the winner hands down. Its realistically "the portable audiophile player".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back