Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #4,381 of 8,119
Ok, back on topic I hope. I think these fit better then in the past, or maybe I have finally learned to put these in right, lol.. I wear them over-the-ear and the outside of the iem is flat so it closes off my ear.THey fit better then in the past, i can wear them for a logn time and htey are relatively secure (even without earguides, frown) I wonder if acs custom sleeves will be worth it? Of course I would like the fact that I do not have to replace them in a few weeks, i have owned comply tips with these and although they were comfy they did muffle the sound for me which i did not appreciate. If I buy acs tips I will have to make ear impressions (cost not covered by acs) sent these to acs (dito) let them make the sleeves 88gbp and have them send it back to me. I wonder, is it worth it? I really would like a better seal but not sure if the sleeves can do this in this case because they cant change the fundamental design of the ie8 (dynamic driver, not made to be inserted too deeply into the ear and maybe not entirely closed).
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 11, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #4,382 of 8,119
I don't know if I'm lucky or typical.

The stock tips fit fine for me, after an initial shock with the mid bass impact of these IEMs they soon settled into a very smooth and detailed listening experience.

I'm going to keep my IE8s - the low ear profile, detail, wide soundstage and smooth presentation make them ideal for bedtime listening.

I've noticed throughout this thread that there are quite a few IE8 owners who also own/have owned Denon C700/751.

Personally, I found the Denon preferable to use on a day to day 'beater' basis than the IE8. Despite neither having great isolation, the Denon had the ability to give my music an engaging vitality in a wide range of surrounds (plane, trains, automobiles
smile.gif
, busy crosstown traffic and gardening with noisy motor equipment) that was lacking in laid back sound signature of the IE8.

My Denon C700 broke, I thought I'd replaced with them with something better when I bought the Senns. Truth is, they are something different.

No complaints, but I'm looking for a good deal on another pair of C700/751s.

Jul 11, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #4,384 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by r@mside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to keep my IE8s - the low ear profile, detail, wide soundstage and smooth presentation make them ideal for bedtime listening.

Agreed totally.

The C751 comes with more/different accessories than the C700. They're the same earphones, though.

Jul 11, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #4,385 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, What is the difference between the c700 and c751?
Greetings, Anouk,

3X0 said it - accessories; the original C700 had no accessories, unlike other IEMs at its price point.

It was soon replaced with C751 that had identical housing for the dynamic earphone, but cable was split to two lengths and storage case supplied.

Jul 11, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #4,386 of 8,119
Having owned both the C700s and C751s, I would opt for the C700s due to the heavier duty cable. The C751s first of all have a shorter cable (around 32" if my memory is correct) and come with an extension to make it longer. The the attached cable and the extension are the same thickness, which is pretty thin. Also included is a small black oval case with no labeling. The C700s have a 48" attached cable and is much thicker making me feel it would last longer from normal use. I don't recall any sound differences between the two.

I love my IE8s with Comply tips. Best I've ever owned.

Jul 11, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #4,387 of 8,119
Comply!?

I've heard mixed responses about Complies AND Sony Hybrid tips.. not sure what third-parties to try even though I've recently fallen in love with the supplied medium bi-flanges (the non-goofy ones). I had some luck with Altec foams but they don't sound as good as the silicons to me (they suck out a little bit of treble, add flabbiness, but make the isolation superb; these will be my tips of choice for the subway).

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #4,388 of 8,119
@Anouk amazon.de has Sennheiser IE8 in stock for ~193 euros and they have free shipping to the netherlands (got mine yesterday) note: shipping from amazon not some other merchant that operates through amazon. This of course if you were to send your current set back and receive a refund, I'm not so trusty with ebay anymore either.

I'm listening to them now using the large foam tips and they fit great, not as close as some other iems i've tried and I still think shure black olives are one of the best tips out there.

Anyway enjoying these IEMs a lot atm, even if they haven't played that long yet.

Jul 12, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #4,389 of 8,119
Hallo Scim, Wow you are in Maastricht? Thats very close where I am located. I go to school there (Nederlands recht). Thanks for the tip! I am not sure if I will send them back yet I have contacted service@sennheiser.nl and hope for a reply on monday/maybe I will send them to the netherlands sennheiser devision. I have no foam tips though, frown. Just silicon large/medium and small and I guess the medium ones were installed by default.
Always great to see more Dutchies on head-fi.
And maybe I am the first:
'welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet!' (I just love to say that).
Hartelijke groeten,
Anouk,m

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #4,390 of 8,119
i just bought a set of IE8s. i must say out of the box i found them really good already! would be burning them in and i bet it'd be much better after afew nights. with the voyager amp, i found it to be really smooth with the "flat" option, and really forward and punchy with the contour option. these two imo have really good synergy together

Jul 13, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #4,391 of 8,119
Hi All,

I ma UK based, that means I can get the IE8's for a bout £180 or the West's for about 279 ( not the best store in terms of reviews) or the best stores for £345

To give you an indication:

£180= about 292 dollars
£345= about 559 dollars

Can someone convince me to go with the IE8's please. Money is one thing, but I want to hear from someone that has both.

Thanks

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #4,392 of 8,119
add to previous thread, can someone convince me to shell an extra £60 on the IE8's over the IE7's...

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #4,393 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
add to previous thread, can someone convince me to shell an extra £60 on the IE8's over the IE7's...

lol

but between them i think its more a question of what sound are you wanting, the two are different beasts

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #4,394 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol

but between them i think its more a question of what sound are you wanting, the two are different beasts

haha damn you and damn this forum! but I figured, well, I'm spending £120 on IE7's, its my birthday next month so no doubt I'll get some cash to put towards them, why not jump up to the top step.
I think the IE8's would be good from reading people's impressions, looking for a big deep bass and a nice soundstage..plus at the end of the day I know what I'm like..if I get the IE7's I'll always be thinking..what if? and I'll end up wasting money by selling the IE7's for the IE8's around Christmas time anyway
beerchug.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #4,395 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha damn you and damn this forum! but I figured, well, I'm spending £120 on IE7's, its my birthday next month so no doubt I'll get some cash to put towards them, why not jump up to the top step.
I think the IE8's would be good from reading people's impressions, looking for a big deep bass and a nice soundstage..plus at the end of the day I know what I'm like..if I get the IE7's I'll always be thinking..what if? and I'll end up wasting money by selling the IE7's for the IE8's around Christmas time anyway
beerchug.gif

well i cant disagree with getting the 7 and wondering what must the 8 be like but as ive said before on here i prefer the 7 if i could only have one of them. the 8 is just too much of an extravaganza. like having a ferrari to go to tesco, must be great fun but after a while id yearn for something more sedate and relaxing like the 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back