Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #4,366 of 8,119
Hello, I just got the following message from the ebay seller (I must say he does reply fast, it was quite late yesterday evening that I sent it and it is now quite early morning):
Van: "eBay-Mitglied: tecplay-de" <member@ebay.nl>
Aan: <radix_anouk@hotmail.com>
Onderwerp: Re: ps to last postaradix85 heeft een vraag gesteld over objectnummer 360161937966, dat op 06-jul-09 12:49:27 CEST is afgelopen - Sennheiser IE 8 (IE8) High End HiFi-Ohrkanalhörer
Datum: zaterdag 11 juli 2009 0:51

-----------------------------------------------------------------
eBay heeft dit bericht verzonden aan Anouk Radix (aradix85).
Je geregistreerde naam is in het bericht opgenomen om aan te bekijken dat
het afkomstig is van eBay.
Meer informatie vind je op de volgende pagina:
eBay: Redirect

De verkoper heeft gereageerd op je vraag over dit object

Stuur geen reactie naar de afzender als dit bericht een verzoek bevat om de
transactie buiten eBay om af te werken. Zulke aanbiedingen zijn tegen het
eBay-beleid, kunnen frauduleus zijn en worden niet gedekt door
kopersbeschermingsprogramma's.
Aanbiedingen om objecten buiten eBay om te kopen of verkopen

Beste aradix85,

no, that is IE8, scope of supply: Sennheiser IE 8 Ear adapter set (S.M.L)
neutral imitation leather case 100% new commodity, with 2 years warranty
completion! This concerns an overproduction directly of the manufacturer,
the article is absolutely new, however it is supplied without
Erstverpackung. All this was described on German.

TP

-tecplay-de

Well, if he is true then I dont mind, I might have indeed read it wrong but I still dont think this was listed on the page (my german isnt too good though). I am just still worried that thismight be a fake, I mean how can you sell any ie8 without at least the cleaningtool/basstool. I still think its a bit fishy although it might be legit too. What can/should I do?
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 11, 2009 at 9:16 AM Post #4,368 of 8,119
Hello, Is there any way in which i can objectively verify that this is a fake or not? I should have read the ebay page better, this condition IS listed there according to them I am not missing any accessories. I too, like you am worried that Sennheiser would not sell these without ALL the accessories. Then again, the seller has good feedback and has been an ebay member since 2002.
So, it feels and sounds like the ie8 too so I am inclined to believe him, but is there a way to objectively check if this is the real deal? For 175 euro this isnt a very expensive price for the senn but I still wouldnt want to keep this if it is indeed a fake.
I will ask on wednessday if the manual is real but a faker could of course include the senn manual. Or am I being paranoid here....
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #4,372 of 8,119
They don't have a serial number clearly visible.

You can call Sennheiser, and they might ask you to send them in for verification. If they determine it's a fake, ask them for an official transcript of some sort and use it to get your money back (you have to send them back to the seller). You can do this anytime within 60 days of the transaction I believe.

Note that the above is the U.S. eBay, I have no idea about eBay Germany.

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #4,373 of 8,119
Wouldn't it make sense to get your money back, i'm pretty sure eBay protects buyers from people selling "fraudulent" products that are purposely describe to be genuine or listed as genuine.

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #4,374 of 8,119
I shouldn't put TOO much faith in a seller's feedback. I bought a Sony microphone from an ebay seller because the price was good. The mic was clearly a fake and I got my money back. But the seller had pretty much 100% positive feedback, because of prompt delivery and good prices. (He was selling a lot of these fake mics, and other stuff too, very cheap Sony items, presumably all knock-offs).
I'd be VERY suspicious of these IE8s - they scream FAKE to me too. "overproduction directly of the manufacturer" ??!!! Please......
Can you get a refund?
If a thing seems too good (cheap) to be true - it probably is. Always best to buy high end gear from a reputable dealer. There's a general price range for most good kit which doesn't vary much from dealer to dealer, and that's the price you're going to pay for the genuine article and peace of mind.

Jul 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #4,375 of 8,119
Hello Anouk, I am sorry that you are fretting over your new purchase.

There are lots of rumours about fake IE8s but I have yet to see anyone produce actual evidence that they are any in circulation. I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected.

IMHO if they feel and sound like IE8s then that is what they must be. At least you have had prior experience and know what to listen for.

If you are able to take some macro or close up photos and post them here I am sure many of us will be happy to have a look and tell you what we think.

It is the doubt that is the killer. My own feeling is that they are fine, otherwise the SQ would have told you otherwise and you seem to be satisfied with that.

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #4,376 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by holeinmywallet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered hd650 and anxiously hoping to be completely blown away upon arrival. Was just wondering if IE8 can put me in audio nirvana and at the same time provide the solution for ultimate portable listening. How would IE8 fare against HD650? I've heard about some similarities in sound signature between HD6xx series and IE8. wow

As nice as they are... i can't help but notice the differences between IEMs and a fullsized cans. If i were to listen to my IE8s straight after the balanced HD650 everything sounds dull and closed in... i usually need a few songs to "adjust" to start enjoyin the IE8s again.. but this could just be me =) YMMV

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #4,377 of 8,119
Hi Rebski, you are absolutely right, it is the worry that is driving me insane. Maybe I should call sennheiser on monday, no idea if they would be willing to support me because I did buy on ebay, on the other hand I guess it is in their best interest to locate fakes. Yes as I said before it does feel/sound like the ie8 and it is not THAT much cheaper then the actual ie8 here in nl, before I could fint them on nl sites for a little bit less then 200 euro.Its the nagging worry that is getting to me even though they do feel/sound allright.
At least this is a good lesson for buyign something in the future on ebay, always read the page carefully and dont put too much stock in seller feedback.
Not to everyone: I am not sure yet if these are fake or not. I still have a feeling these are the real deal. but am obviously worrying. They do sound good though!
Anyone from the netherlands or Germany with ie8s in this thread? I would be willing to loan you my pair to compare.
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 11, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #4,379 of 8,119
Hi Anouk, I live in London and am very happy to compare your IE8s against mine both in build quality and sound quality.

Without full confidence that they are original you will have always be listening out for faults and lack confidence in what you have.

If you want to send them to me I can promise to turn them around and ship back to you on the same day.

I am thrilled with my IE8s and I know that you also have a D10/H140 rig. You should be revelling in the glory of the music reproduction and not have nagging doubts over the wisdom of your choice of retailer.

So if there is anything I can do put your mind at rest I am pleased to do so.

Jul 11, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #4,380 of 8,119
Do IE8's have a vent like the IE7's do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back