Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #4,351 of 8,119
Has anyone tried these?:

Comply T400 (5-PAIRS) Foam Replacement Ear Tips | SALE Now On!

Comply T400 (5-PAIRS) Foam Replacement Ear Tips

comply-t400.jpg

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #4,352 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you know your wallet is a him? A she would say no, but a he would say get them.

I checked him when I first got him. Definitely a him. He told me to get my Shures and Sennheisers. He told me to get my Westones too, and when I considered getting another pair of Westones after I sent my first pair back, he asked "Are you mentally insane?"

I replied "Yes."

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #4,353 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by citro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried these?:

Comply T400 (5-PAIRS) Foam Replacement Ear Tips | SALE Now On!

Comply T400 (5-PAIRS) Foam Replacement Ear Tips

comply-t400.jpg

IE8 treble: Not the shiniest or sparkliest, as Anouk noted on last page
Comply foamies: Not the brightest treble conveyors, as noted fairly widely over a range of IEMs.

Tried them? No, for the above reasons.

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #4,355 of 8,119
Most welcome. I have tried T400/T500 on other IEMs, but they are treble-dullers. Comfortable tho, but they last 'no longer than a hungry man takes to eat his dinner' as the Little Big Horn was so succintly described, after the battle
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #4,356 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE8 treble: Not the shiniest or sparkliest, as Anouk noted on last page
Comply foamies: Not the brightest treble conveyors, as noted fairly widely over a range of IEMs.

Tried them? No, for the above reasons.

I have several T400's from my UE's. I tried them on my IE8's and they sound terrible. Everything seems to be recessed. There are no highs and the bass is weak.

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #4,357 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your rig is the same as mine and I had hoped that equipment of this quality would obviate the need.

No need for EQing. This is a very nice rig to let the IE8s really shine. Today I remorsefully turned back to non-EQ. It's just better for long hearing sessions.
smile.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #4,358 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I checked him when I first got him. Definitely a him. He told me to get my Shures and Sennheisers. He told me to get my Westones too, and when I considered getting another pair of Westones after I sent my first pair back, he asked "Are you mentally insane?"

I replied "Yes."

Wallets are naively most of the time. Make puppy eyes and ask him about JH13Pro and a high end source. Chances are good he will answer "yes" because he will believe this will be the very end of your wallet torture tourney.

I will try out the same trick soon: Jh13Pro + HIFIMAN.
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #4,359 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by zardos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wallets are naively most of the time. Make puppy eyes and ask him about JH13Pro and a high end source. Chances are good he will answer "yes" because he will believe this will be the very end of your wallet torture tourney.

I will try out the same trick soon: Jh13Pro + HIFIMAN.
wink.gif

For the past year, he's been saving for a product that doesn't even exist yet, and it's going to cost less than $400. What makes you think he'll say yes to a custom pair of earphones that cost $1100 and have-

...holy $#!+, 6 speakers per ear???

Jul 10, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #4,361 of 8,119
This is my rig:

nwza818.jpg

The Fiio E5 arrived today. Well, despite the IE8s burn in period hasn’t ended yet, I must reinforce what zardos wrote here:

Quote:

Lately I love to carefully EQ the IE8s with a rockboxed iRiver H120 + D10. Slightly less bass, slightly more upper mids and highs. Very funny to listen to. With this setting the IE8 still has a very profound bass, but more forward mids and crystal clear highs. IE8 is very sensitive to EQ tuning. I highly recommend to try out yourself.

This little amp brought “body” to the sound. It’s playing with its original thin cables, and wow, what a difference. I believe an amp like this one will ALWAYS add something up to the overall sound quality (and quantity). We spend a lot on earphones, but sometimes forget they could use a hand. I’m honest, I would not buy an ibasso D10, size and price wise. I think that when the source is good, and the earphones are good, this little amp will bring the most on both of them
smily_headphones1.gif

But, this is my humble opinion, and many of you might disagree. For me, it were 30 € very well spent! I thank you guys and this forum for enhancing my musical experience!

Jul 10, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #4,362 of 8,119
Hello, I tried posting this before but apparently something went wrong. I opened my package from ebay germany today, received it on wednessday lightning quick shipment. But I was concerned when in the outer box there was no inner box (like with my last ie8) just some foam and some plastic bags one containing 2 pairs of sleeves and the other the ie8 aling with etui and manual. So, no inner box, no ear guides, no cleaning tool. I also think i remembered the ie8 came with more then one cable and a volume attenuator. I also think i remember the ie8 came with more then 3 pairs of sleeves.
I might have read the ebay listing wrong and this may not have been a brand new pair, even so I think they hsoul dhave included the bass tool/ear cliener and the earguides.
I am somewhat disappointed and fist thismight have been a fake but they do soun dlike the ie8....
Greetings,Anouk,

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #4,363 of 8,119
Jul 11, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #4,364 of 8,119
Anouk, that doesn't seem quite right. The usual makings of a fake are a relatively small number of generic tips being included. Boxes can quite easily be faked as the IE 7 fake thread demonstrated. Since fakes are manufactured from unauthorized factories it's feasible that they're sonically close to the originals.

Jul 11, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #4,365 of 8,119
Hello, How can I identify fakes from the rea ldeal? Do the original ie8 have a serial number on them? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I am blind so I did no tknow htis from the first time I owned my pair. I could let someone check now though and maybe call sennheiser about it and check if it is a real one. Of course though maybe that is not proffe nough....
Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back