Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #1,351 of 8,119
Burn in with both music or test tones. Of course I listen to them, and when I am not listening to them they are either hooked up to my receiver playing a CD with music and test tones, or connected to my Icon Mobile helping burn that in.

I have over 270 hours of burn in now, so I think I can stop
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #1,352 of 8,119
yea. i read your review as soon it was out. Great review, enjoyable read.

I'm around 160hrs burn-in.
used them for 3-4hours a day.

otto

Feb 4, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #1,353 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Burn in with both music or test tones. Of course I listen to them, and when I am not listening to them they are either hooked up to my receiver playing a CD with music and test tones, or connected to my Icon Mobile helping burn that in.

I have over 270 hours of burn in now, so I think I can stop
biggrin.gif

Edit: I checked what are test tones, sorry for the stupid question of before!
biggrin.gif

Where can I find some long track of test tones?

Feb 4, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #1,354 of 8,119
Well, I'm going to take the plunge and buy the IE8's for $350 CAD... hoping for the best...

I've done tons of W3 vs. SE530 and IE8 reading and I think the IE8 seems like an interesting investment. Will post comments prior to burn-in and post burn-in.

Feb 4, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #1,361 of 8,119
Oh cool. I really wish I could come over to audition those IE8's
biggrin.gif

I have only had experience with the UM1's, and I thought those were "way better" when compared with traditional earphones.

Can't wait to see how the IE8's will sound. Do you really think a burn-in is a must?

Hmm I also wanted to add, I plan to use my existing shure triflanges (modded to biflanges and shorter stem) on the IE8's... would this be OK?

Feb 4, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #1,362 of 8,119
I am getting fit issues, but I can get around that. But I really don't see what you guys are talking about night and day differences between preburn and post burn. As of right now I'm rather satisfied with the sound just a few hours out of the box. If it gets better than this I'll have an eargasm but honestly, I was expecting crap when I got these out of the box based on what people have been saying. Anyway good stuff, I wanna see Shure and Westone move over to dynamic. These are just amazing.

Feb 4, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #1,363 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by obentou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh cool. I really wish I could come over to audition those IE8's
biggrin.gif

I have only had experience with the UM1's, and I thought those were "way better" when compared with traditional earphones.

Can't wait to see how the IE8's will sound. Do you really think a burn-in is a must?

I think the burn-in period varies from person to person since I liked mine straight out of the box. After a few hours, they 'settled' in and I haven't noticed any major changes since then. I have no idea how many hours I have on them, but it must be well over a hundred. All I know is they sound as good to me now as they did after the first 10 hours, so burn-in time isn't fixed for everyone.

TrustedReviews
weren't too impressed with them out of the box, but soon changed their minds after the 20-hour mark, so to be on the safe side, don't judge them till you have at least that much time on them.

Feb 4, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #1,364 of 8,119
Ah I see. I'll definitely keep that in mind as to not to jump to quick conclusions. I really have never experienced anything beyond what a UM1 can offer.. don't know how it can be better since I personally thought the UM1's were decent too. Damn I'm excited lol.

My order is on hold with NCIX... guess it'll take a while for me to get them.

Feb 4, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #1,365 of 8,119
@obentou: NCIX does ship quick once paid. It will be at your place very soon.
prob. out of stock?

from what I heard they will change of burn-in up to 200hours. You eventually will reach that listening time. My pairs spend most of the 160hrs in my ears. I can say they do change in terms of the bass and mids.

I believe the Sennheiser phones have a thicker nozzel. I havent seen head-fiers' have done so yet.

depends on your ear cannel size. I find Big Tri-flange is the best. Great SQ and Isolation. I use them in the Subway during commute and they block a lot of noise out. it might sound crazy, but I use the same volume at home & outside listening. I play them at the lowest volume for listening,while no damage my hearing.

btw, I wear them upside down.

otto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back