Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #721 of 8,119
Hey vedye

Thanks for your impression too. The funny thing is that i've paid for IE8 almost the exact same price of mine C751 a year ago, so they need to improve at least at one thing that i've mentioned before and they'll worth the price to me. But of course, i'm expecting an different (higher) category product based on reviews and impressions so far so...they should be nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #722 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by NicktheNorse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still trying to justify spending nearer £300 on the W3s after only a few months with the TF10s!

Man, if you seriously want them and you can afford them then I say go for it! I think thats enough justification, personally.
biggrin.gif
Myself, I wana buy and try the ER4P/S, Klipsch image X5 and X10, Klipsch Custom 3, Shure SE310 and SE420, Sennheiser IE8, Westone UM2 and Westone 3, Futuresonic Atrio M5/M8, all within the IEM sub-strata of this audiophile world. I still havn't ventured into the world of full-sized cans yet, which I want to do at some point (though I may carry on exploring and sampling different phones within the IEM world firstly). I want to aquire a portable amp, but thats gona require some research and background understanding of the technology and appliance first, and then an equal digestment and assessment of the marketplace and the various options and synergys etc. All of that should/could remain within the portable vein. Of course, theres also some cable and/or impedance experimentation involved, even at this level. Then, theres the serious audiophile home set-up and/or set-ups to look into; that world of serious, heavy equipment, CD/SACD systems, external DACs, full-sized headphone amplifiers, top of the range full-sized headphones, speaker systems, maybe, all various cables and interconnects and options associated with that. That is, of course, excluding any new music- and I'm in equal infancy with that really- purchases! I have alot to explore and just wish I had more capital at times!
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #725 of 8,119
I have just recieved an e-mail response from Advancedmp3players.com regarding use of more than one coupon per order and it's possible to arrange this if you order over the phone. That means, feasibily, you could get these for around 146 GBP if you use the 20% off sennheiser code, 10% off any headphone purchase and then one of the several codes to get 5% off any purchase with that store. Makes them an even more viable choice! Strongly considering...

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #726 of 8,119
Sounds like a great deal!
Me i just received and e-mail saying my IE8's will arrive tommorow!
biggrin.gif

Now there's been too much negative talk these last pages on the ie7 and sealing issues, i just want to hear some love again, so i wont feel bad for purchasing these (not that i do).
I saw Duncan's signature, saying his ie8's are still his favorite IEM's, you've had them for quite a while now, could you share some facts why?

Edit: Ooh also, like 20 pages ago, i read someone who was wondering if the (believe it was) Westone cables could be modified to fit the ie8, but the subject ended there..

Dec 16, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #727 of 8,119
The IE8 is my favourite IEM too. The way it presents the music is just impressive, such huge soundstage with a good depth. Makes you keep listening to them. It's so engaging!

Dec 16, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #728 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have just recieved an e-mail response from Advancedmp3players.com regarding use of more than one coupon per order and it's possible to arrange this if you order over the phone. That means, feasibily, you could get these for around 146 GBP if you use the 20% off sennheiser code, 10% off any headphone purchase and then one of the several codes to get 5% off any purchase with that store. Makes them an even more viable choice! Strongly considering...

holy crap!

That means the IE8s are half the price of the W3s! Makes all of this too difficult
angry_face.gif
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #729 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by NicktheNorse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
holy crap!

That means the IE8s are half the price of the W3s! Makes all of this too difficult
angry_face.gif
wink.gif

Well, it's obviously not a given but if they accept those 3 codes off you then yeah, you're lookin at a sweet deal! I'm mightily tempted but its still a lot of money for me just now....mulling over it
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #733 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time to sell it, my friend.
biggrin.gif

Well... not yet. I still prefer it most of the time on my portable (Sanca clip) over the RE0, but only on portable. Waiting for Microtrack to come, then we'll see who wins....

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #735 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you like better with your Sony A818?

I don't know, will check it later. I think the synergy of A818 with IE8 was bad when I tried. Sony is already bassy player, and iE8 are very bassy phones. I guess RE0 will be better match with it's bass deficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back