Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #1,202 of 8,119
Klipsch gels will not fit the IE8. The IE8 shares the same thick fat ended tip size as Sony, Denon and the like. If one did try to attempt to fit the Klipsch gels on them, I'd assume they would end up with a useless pair of Klipsch gels.

Jan 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #1,203 of 8,119
From what I read, the Sony EX-700 comes with gel tips. Does anyone know where to buy Sony EX-700 gel tips? I bought the tips from the Sonystyle store, but they are standard silicon.

I am currently using (and enjoying) the comply T-400s, but prefer not having to compress and hold.

And on a side note, anyone know where to buy X10 gel tips for my Phonaks, I couldn't find those either.

Thanks.

Jan 23, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #1,205 of 8,119
Nick, the plastic inner 'lid' is connected at the bottom. You need to sever the connection at the base with a knife or scissors, then the plastic will lift right up with a bit of a yank. Not the easiest design for keeping the packaging perfect, although I suspect that may be deliberate.

Got mine delivered this morning. Very first listen, a little muddy all round (as expected) but that bass. Fcuk me. It's epic. And I don't mean overbearing, bloated, or distorted. I mean it's actually there, in proper proportion, a la true full range speakers. I didn't think it possible from tiny IEMs.

I know I'm going to love these. Can't wait for them to burn in and tighten up.

party4.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #1,208 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofbahamut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
joe, as I said few post ago, you can get the sony tip from the sony website
or you can just call them, but they are quite expensive for a silicone tip, but i think you wont regret as I didnt

Are they silicon, or gel tips? All I found on sonystyle is black and grey silicon tips.

I just received the black silicon tips, and they are very similar to the stock large silicon that comes with most of my IEMs.

Maybe I am just confused and think that there are some other gel tips that come with the EX700. For those that are in the know, are the above links the tips that come with the EX700?

Jan 23, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #1,210 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofbahamut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, those are not the ex700 tip, they are just normal tips. you can get that from speedyspare from sony. they are far more comforatble than the normal ones.

Thanks for the help...I called and found the model #. Almost $40 for 2 large tips, wow. I think I will stick with the Complys that I know work for me (at least for now).

Jan 24, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #1,211 of 8,119
Guys,

I am wondering about a couple things..

It almost seems to me as if my left ear is not getting as much bass as the right. I'm using a large Shure olive in the right, and a large bi flange Sennheiser on the left. I have tried large and medium olives on the left also but I wasn't a fan. I feel like my seal is fine.

Also, I am not noticing much, if any, difference once I adjust the bass knob. I am keeping the earphones in my ears while I do the adjusting...

I hope this is all just in my head, as I really do not want to send these back overseas.

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #1,212 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys,

I am wondering about a couple things..

It almost seems to me as if my left ear is not getting as much bass as the right. I'm using a large Shure olive in the right, and a large bi flange Sennheiser on the left. I have tried large and medium olives on the left also but I wasn't a fan. I feel like my seal is fine.

Also, I am not noticing much, if any, difference once I adjust the bass knob. I am keeping the earphones in my ears while I do the adjusting...

I hope this is all just in my head, as I really do not want to send these back overseas.

When did you get yours? I just received mine, so I am burning them in for 100+ hours before I make any determinations. I use Comply T-400s which work better for me than any of the supplied tips (well, I haven't tried the weird looking double flange). I would use the same type of tip for each ear, even if you have to use different sizes.

For me, the difference for me between olives and Comply is the comply is much softer resulting in a similar seal that is much more comfortable.

Out of the box mine didn't have extended low bass and they were very boomy. After 50 hours of burn in, the have smoothed out, tightened up, and the bass is extended. But I feel they still have more burn in (from reading what others have wrote).

I haven't tried the bass knob, but it sounds like you don't have a good seal. Also, tip material, angle, and depth along with seal will make the sound vary, at least in my ears.

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #1,213 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When did you get yours? I just received mine, so I am burning them in for 100+ hours before I make any determinations. I use Comply T-400s which work better for me than any of the supplied tips (well, I haven't tried the weird looking double flange). I would use the same type of tip for each ear, even if you have to use different sizes.

For me, the difference for me between olives and Comply is the comply is much softer resulting in a similar seal that is much more comfortable.

Out of the box mine didn't have extended low bass and they were very boomy. After 50 hours of burn in, the have smoothed out, tightened up, and the bass is extended. But I feel they still have more burn in (from reading what others have wrote).

I haven't tried the bass knob, but it sounds like you don't have a good seal. Also, tip material, angle, and depth along with seal will make the sound vary, at least in my ears.

Thank you for the response.

I received mine on Tuesday, and have been using pink noise and music since then.

I have tried your suggestion of using the same tips, but it still sounds to me like there is more bass in the right ear.

When I place them in my ears so that the cord goes straight down (the earphones being switched), it sounds a little bit better in terms of bass distribution. Each ear gets a good amount of bass. But, it sounds a little more muddy then the behind-the-ear placement....

At this point, I'm confused to say the least.

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #1,214 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for the response.

I received mine on Tuesday, and have been using pink noise and music since then.

I have tried your suggestion of using the same tips, but it still sounds to me like there is more bass in the right ear.

When I place them in my ears so that the cord goes straight down (the earphones being switched), it sounds a little bit better in terms of bass distribution. Each ear gets a good amount of bass. But, it sounds a little more muddy then the behind-the-ear placement....

At this point, I'm confused to say the least.

You might want to try Comply T-400s, a small investment that could have a big return.

Where did you buy them from? Stores in the UK have a 7 day return policy, but I am not sure if that is only for UK shipping addresses...I would be interested in finding out more. Or you could always sell them here, as they are much more expensive here vs. overseas. Not that they sound bad, but that my Phonak Audeos currently sound a little better than these for half the price.

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #1,215 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might want to try Comply T-400s, a small investment that could have a big return.

Where did you buy them from? Stores in the UK have a 7 day return policy, but I am not sure if that is only for UK shipping addresses...I would be interested in finding out more. Or you could always sell them here, as they are much more expensive here vs. overseas. Not that they sound bad, but that my Phonak Audeos currently sound a little better than these for half the price.

I bought mine from amp3.co.uk

If it is a case of weak bass, is it possible that it opens up after the headphones burn in a little more? Or is it mostly due to an inadequate seal? Switching sides is leading me to believe that is really is just a bad seal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back