Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #1,186 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The picture is labeled...take another look. And yes and T-400.

The size is labeled?... What size is that?...

Jan 22, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #1,187 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The size is labeled?... What size is that?...

Maybe I misunderstood otto's question, I was thinking T size, not small medium, large. But I have both tips, and to me that looks like the larger of the Senn olive tips (which is too small for me as the tips can't go very deep in my ear due to the size and shape of the body) that is included and a medium T-400 tip, which is the only tip that I have achieved a good seal with.

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #1,188 of 8,119
Thanks guys.

does comply T400 come in 3 size or 1 size(all size)?

If its the size in the picture. I believe its too small for me

I currently using the bi-flange Large.

otto

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #1,189 of 8,119
otto, I didn't see any different sizes, but they are the only tips that give me a good seal with the IE8 (I just received them today, and will try again with the included tips tomorrow) as they are pretty long, and the biflange didn't give me a good seal as it is too small for my ears.

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #1,190 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

does comply T400 come in 3 size or 1 size(all size)?

It's my understanding that the T-400 only comes in one size at this time.

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #1,191 of 8,119
I asked Comply, they confirm there is only one size, slightly bigger than the medium size foamies from Senneheiser which are shown on the picture.
BTW, on the picture, I believe these are the foamies (the coated foamies), not the black silicon olives.

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #1,192 of 8,119
hmm.. I might give comply a try for the first time.

But using Large Bi-flange and wearing downwards gives me Exellent Isolation, which is essential to my daily transit commute.

Thanks guys!

Otto

Jan 22, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #1,194 of 8,119
I am still a little unsure on what size sennheiser foamies you are referring to as I thought they only came in small or large.

If the picture is comparing the complys to the large foamies they look like they could potentially give me a perfect fit!

I feel like none of the stock tips give me a stable fit! Also, the more I listen with the ety tri-flange tips, the better I feel they are becoming, the bass does not seem to murky to me at all, although it is still probably a little too prominant.

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #1,195 of 8,119
Got the Ie8 about 10 days ago. I had read about the box on this thread so that was no problem. I heard the bloated bass and lack of highs that others have spoke of at first..although maybe not to the extent cuz I still thought they sounded pretty good. I listened alot the 1st day and would leave them running through my ipod/amp when not using them. I also let them play through the night and while at work the 1st week. So now I have all of 100 hrs on them and I really love these. I love the bass on these and I don't personally hear the rolled off highs. I think the triple.fi is more sparkly of course but I don't think these are way behind imho. I love the triple.fi...if they were to have the design of the w3 or ie8..I would never look elsewhere. I just get tired of the fit with the trips after awhile.
So as far as the Ie8...I am going between the large harder foamies and the med Ue soft silicone. Both are great for me with isolation and sound. I have never been a fan of comply/olive. I am blown away as others have said by the huge soundstage. The music seems larger than life. Been listening to Take a picture by Filter...wow! I also think the bass adjuster works pretty well. I think there is a big difference between say 1 and 3. I can listen to some acoustic guitar music or older rock like Elton John/Billy Joel and on the first setting it is plenty of bass and everything falls into place. Then when I listen to some of my fav livelier bands like Newsboys, Rush or Tobymac ( I am over 40 lol)...I can put it up to 3 and really hear the big drums..Snakes and arrows live from Rush is breathtaking.
I think that the Westone sound sig is not for me personally. I had both the um2 and the w3 and sold them both quite quickly...I loved the flush fit on both of them and the superb cable..but both left me wanting something more very quickly. The ie8 doesn't quite have the comfort of westone but close and I am really loving the sound. I am using them with my 2move amp and I think they are the best sounding iem for me so far. I listen to rock predominately so the highs are just fine with me and when I do listen to new age or classical..I think they still sound sweet. Fit/isolation has not been a problem for me at all.
That's my 2 cents worth.. I don't have the right words to describe all the different levels of sound, sorry for that.

Jan 22, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #1,196 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Griffith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's my 2 cents worth.. I don't have the right words to describe all the different levels of sound, sorry for that.

Thanks for your opinions on the IE8s. I just got mine yesterday and am burning them in. How much has the mid-bass hump gone away in your opinion after the 100 hour burn in?

And the soundstage is so far the best part of these, it is amazing!

Jan 22, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #1,197 of 8,119
Everything has come around after burn-in.. including the mid bass hump. Nothing to me overpowers anything else with these. When the bass is at lowest setting. As I stated in my last post..I am no high end audiophile..just know what I personally like...and I like the Ie8 sound alot... I do here the mids better than with the triple.fi, but everything feels as it should with my listening preferences. I truly don't think the highs are absent here either. I am shocked that a single driver can sound sooo good compared to triple driver!!

Jan 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #1,198 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Griffith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am shocked that a single driver can sound sooo good compared to triple driver!!

Yay for the Germans

biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #1,200 of 8,119
Hi,

I have been eyeing the IE8 for a while now. I have the Klipsch X5, which is amazing, but they have bad microphonics and wire is not replaceable. I have to use them sparingly in certain conditions since durability of wire isn't great.

The IE8 has everything I am looking for. My question is:

1)How are microphonics on the IE8? (Wire over-the-ear and just straight down)

2)Anyone know if Klipsch's gel tips would fit on these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back