Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2008 at 12:15 PM Post #856 of 8,119
bwatson87;5204979 said:
Anyways, despite being crazy about the sound these things make, I simply cannot get the left monitor to sit comfortably in my ear. I've tried lots of tips, i've tried reversing them and wearing them pointing downwards, but nothing works. When I realised they don't sit as far into your ear canals as shures and stopped trying to force them in the sound improved a fair bit and the comfort was a little better, but still the left one just doesn't sit right.
QUOTE]

due to my tiny leftside ear, i too wearing it pointing downwards and gain better fit then over the ear, and isolation looks better as well
regular_smile .gif

40 hours burning out of box, sounds still changing...
icon10.gif

Dec 29, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #857 of 8,119
I've heard that upwards of 200 hours (really?) of burn-in are required before the sound will finally stop changing. The one thing I've heard that really changes for the better throughout burn-in is the highs: they apparently become much less rolled off. For those of you who have heard both, can you compare the highs of the IE8 to the highs of the SE530?

Dec 29, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #858 of 8,119
I've gone ahead and ordered a pack of t-400s which should be here tomorrow morning, really hope they sort out the comfort issue (I actually haven't had any problems with isolation or seal, but thanks for the interesting tips on improving those...!!).

I'll let you know how if that works out, otherwise I'll be putting the IE8s up for sale.

Ben

Dec 29, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #859 of 8,119
As far as sound isolation with the IE8, I keep reading that it's quite bad... How bad are we talking here? Earbud-like isolation? Amplification? Like, I'm hearing people say they can't enjoy their music because it lets too much sound in. It probably won't be an issue for me either way, but I'm just curious.

Dec 29, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #860 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard that upwards of 200 hours (really?) of burn-in are required before the sound will finally stop changing. The one thing I've heard that really changes for the better throughout burn-in is the highs: they apparently become much less rolled off. For those of you who have heard both, can you compare the highs of the IE8 to the highs of the SE530?

I have my second pair IE8 because my first pair was driven over by a car accidently. So I have done burn-in two times on different IE8s. It's true that IE8 sounds rather horrible with absolutely no burn-in time. The bass is flat, unclean and the treble is rolled off. From my experience after 10 to 20 hours burn-in time the sound is fine.

Dec 29, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #861 of 8,119
As long as the treble eventually becomes better than the SE530's, that's all I really care about. If this is the case, there is a very good chance I will be a very happy IE8 owner.

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #862 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes this is a worry, this poster is the second that I've read here that's chosen their phones by appearance. They must have fish eyes as they can see themselves wearing them!!

People have their preferences, no need to offend anyone~Appearance is definitely an important consideration for me, together with SQ~ if you do not care about what yu wear on the street everyday~its fine~but some DO CARE!

I really do not think you need a fishy eye to see what earbuds you are wearing~

DID YOU EVER SEEN YOUR EAR??? OR DID YOU EVER LOOKED AT YOURSELF IN MIRROR???

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #863 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol when did this become a fashion show? yeah that's gonna be the next fashion trend "HI END IEMs" lol. Must have for the Winter Season

Is that supposed to be funny? customer can buy whatever product they want based on appearance~I understand that IEM is something you buy to listen to music, but I also think it is a piece of art! just like watches~I want it to look good, at least in my eye~

I part myself 500 bucks on buying a high end IEM, so I get to choose the best IEMs in the market~
I found IE8 and W3, and based on the factor that both IEMs are in the same league (like Benz and BMW), I chose W3 because I believe it looks better IMO~

Is there anything wrong? why do you guys have to make fun out of it? because you own a IE8 and don't want other people to have their comments???
Sorry to say, but, CHILDISH!

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #864 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought that's chicken vision? or chameleon?
biggrin.gif

Another guy who don't know how to use mirror~I really wish you have a chicken eye or chameleon so that you can see your ears even just once in your life time.

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #865 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
customer can buy whatever product they want based on appearance~I understand that IEM is something you buy to listen to music, but I also think it is a piece of art! just like watches~I want it to look good, at least in my eye~

I agree 100%. Appearance is a factor.

Like a car, you sit inside while driving it, but I'm pretty sure you guys want a sexy looking car as well.

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #866 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think i understand. if i were to drop 300-500 on a pair of earphones, they had better at least look good to me. personally, i find the w3 to be ugly and the tf10 to be the best looking. however, i would never buy them as i don't like ones that stick out that much.

i bought the audio technica ck10 and have never been so happy with a pair of heapdhones. they also, are incredible lookers.

Thank you for your understanding, I like AT too, used ESW9 for about a year, they look and sound amazing...just sold it 2 days ago though and bought a Denon D7000...(feeling bad for my pocket and the ESW9)

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #867 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree 100%. Appearance is a factor.

Like a car, you sit inside while driving it, but I'm pretty sure you guys want a sexy looking car as well.

Exactly, thank you~I found it really annoying when someone just try and offend you based on their narrow mind~

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #868 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly, thank you~I found it really annoying when someone just try and offend you based on their narrow mind~

Well I wouldn't say they're narrow minded or anything, just different strokes for different folks. Look at how many people love their Stax and their ridiculous looking lambda contraptions.

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #869 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I wouldn't say they're narrow minded or anything, just different strokes for different folks. Look at how many people love their Stax and their ridiculous looking lambda contraptions.

Narrow minded as in try to offend people who are taking appearance into consideration~those who use stax might think Stax are sexy...I personally think they look pretty professional ^ ^ lil exaggerated though...

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #870 of 8,119
How something looks is definately a factor in a purchase. I am just the opposite in your taste Feather since I thought the IE8 is way sexier then the W3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back