Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Oct 17, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #7,516 of 8,119
Whats the metal side of the sennheiser stick for? cleaning side?

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #7,519 of 8,119
wow....going by the number of pages on this thread, alot of people must like these. :)

Anyway, im out to get an IEM to complement my headphone collection and after looking at the Monster Turbine Gold/Copper, Etymotic Research HF5, Westone 3, and IE8i, I've decided to go with the IE8i because of the apparently super-wide soundstage, and plus I'll be using these pretty much exclusively with my iPhone 4S, though I may use them with my desktop computer occasionally if need be. I have the E7/E9 combo but I dont think they'll be much use with this, since IEMs dont really need amping and there's an SRS iWOW 3D line out female jack for iOS devices that is suppose to greatly improve sound quality; I'd rather use the iWOW line out jack and connect the IEM to that than pair the E7 with the iPhone, which is not really feasible. Hopefully by pairing the IE8 with the SRS iWOW 3D Adaptor to play music and video content from my iPhone, I will be blown away. I'll post my impressions later once I've received them and had time to listen to it.

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #7,520 of 8,119
You should wait and get the IE80 when it releases. Its supposedly quite an improvement over the IE8. I'd like to here more impressions on it before I upgrade.

Quote:
wow....going by the number of pages on this thread, alot of people must like these. :)

Anyway, im out to get an IEM to complement my headphone collection and after looking at the Monster Turbine Gold/Copper, Etymotic Research HF5, Westone 3, and IE8i, I've decided to go with the IE8i because of the apparently super-wide soundstage, and plus I'll be using these pretty much exclusively with my iPhone 4S, though I may use them with my desktop computer occasionally if need be. I have the E7/E9 combo but I dont think they'll be much use with this, since IEMs dont really need amping and there's an SRS iWOW 3D line out female jack for iOS devices that is suppose to greatly improve sound quality; I'd rather use the iWOW line out jack and connect the IEM to that than pair the E7 with the iPhone, which is not really feasible. Hopefully by pairing the IE8 with the SRS iWOW 3D Adaptor to play music and video content from my iPhone, I will be blown away. I'll post my impressions later once I've received them and had time to listen to it.

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #7,521 of 8,119
has anyone tried the new NU Force iDo?

i'm planning to buy an IE80 and combo it with it, my gripe for the iDo is the DAC only so my lossless files on my ipod classic wouldn't sound compressed..

AND look at this thread it has already gone to 500+ pages What ...   so many people really loving this IE8s and soon to be mee
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #7,522 of 8,119
Hopefully the extra digit is that much more to fall in love with :)

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #7,526 of 8,119
so i havent posted in a while because of health issues. think its been like 2 months. i still have my twag ie8 eq'd on my j3.  i tweeked the eq last night and didnt like what i was hearing... overall i think theyre awesome.  with the twag cable its hard to get a good fit wearing them up because where the cable plugs into the monitor, it makes it difficult for the cable to go around my ear. it kinda sits at the m iddle of my upper ear.  so ive been wearing them down but the microphonics are bad.  considering if this is enough of a  hassle to sell them even though the sound and soundstage is near perfect.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #7,527 of 8,119
I just ordered a pair of the IE8is direct from Amazon yesterday. One-day shipping ftw! They'll arrive sometime today so I can't wait :D

By the way, if anyone is wondering why I didn't wait for the IE80s, it's simple: I like my bass. That, and I've had over $350 in Amazon gift card money just sitting there waiting for me to buy something. 
beyersmile.png

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #7,529 of 8,119

Quote:
Oh I see. 
wink.gif
 Well I hope you enjoy your new IE8 anyway. I think that the bass would benefit from some weight loss but I still like the IE8 overall. 

Thank you! I can't wait until they arrive today. :)  My other flagship IEMs (Triple.fi 10 Pros) I greatly love, however they just don't have the bass impact and soundstage that I desire.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #7,530 of 8,119

Quote:
I also have the TF10 and the IE8 complements it nicely. The IE8 has exceptional sound stage for an earphone but the TF10 is no slouch in that area either. I find the TF10's bass more detailed and it doesn't suffer from the IE8's mid-bass bloat.  

Thanks for the quick comparison. I had a feeling the IE8s would be a good pick to go along with the TF10s. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back