Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #61 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
soozieq, good to hear that IE7 already sitting nicely in your ears.
more impressions to expect from u all haha

Hey toughnut. I just ordered the same Sony as you, the S639 which should arrive tomorrow. YAY, another Sony dap
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool! You got them.
Any idea when you'll post your first (separate) IE7 thread?

Hi schneller, probably tomorrow.
I need to test them with a variety of styles and different sources first, so I can get a good feel for how they perform in all the circumstances I'll be using them in. So I want to try them with the Zune 80, all the Sony daps and the iPod Touch.

EDIT: I just tipped out the rest of the packaging and saw some weird hooky things that I assume act as a memory wire! But I won't be bothering to put them on since the fit is excellent without them.

Oct 29, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #62 of 8,119
I remember there are talks about IE6 / 7 (and 8) utilizing the same transducer but being tuned differently, and IE8 can be tuned manually (bass knob) to sound like either. I think I read it from Jude's impression on a meet (or maybe it is from CES08 thread). I wonder if it is the actual case here?

Oct 30, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #66 of 8,119
sensitivity of this phone is very high, so it means louder sound output than se530 @ same volume level?

whats really the determinant of perceived loudness, the impedance or the sensitivity or combi of both?

Oct 30, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #68 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by knights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sensitivity of this phone is very high, so it means louder sound output than se530 @ same volume level?

whats really the determinant of perceived loudness, the impedance or the sensitivity or combi of both?

It's not that high. Senn rates it at 125dB/Volt, which considering their impedance of 16 Ohm it's actually 101dB/mW. This sensivity is lower than many other IEMs. This would explain the no hiss.

Still interested in knowing about their isolation capabilities. I'd be thankful if somebody could comment
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #69 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seriously, does TF10 really fit that bad?

should i hold my TF10P purchase? i changed my player and now my UM2 turn haha

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the TF10 are a bad fit, but it does kind of feel like listening to music with "braces"
biggrin.gif

I have just bought the IE8's today and am currently doing some listening tests. So far I agree entirely with Duncan. They sound good, very good.

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #70 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been reading the thread, but didn't find comments about isolation.
How do they fare compared to UE Tf10 for instance?
Any changes in sound after further burn-in?

I'm going to cut the grass this afternoon and will use the IE7 (which is the same design as the IE8), so I can let you know how they isolate compared with the TF10. I like using the TF10's for garden stuff, since the noise of the lawmower is reduced to a gentle hum. I don't expect better isolation from the IE7, but we'll see.

toughnut
Quote:

soozieq, i'm certain that u will be impressed by the blackness of this new Sony.

So far it sounds almost identical to my A808!

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #71 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far it sounds almost identical to my A808!

is that a good thing? haha.

so far three persons using IE. chances for more adopters surely will increase

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #72 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to cut the grass this afternoon and will use the IE7 (which is the same design as the IE8), so I can let you know how they isolate compared with the TF10. I like using the TF10's for garden stuff, since the noise of the lawmower is reduced to a gentle hum. I don't expect better isolation from the IE7, but we'll see.

I must admit Soozieq, I hope you're wrong re the difference between IE7/8 - I will be pretty gutted if I've paid a hefty premium just for a bass 'tuner' that I won't use...
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #74 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must admit Soozieq, I hope you're wrong re the difference between IE7/8
I will be pretty gutted if I've paid a hefty premium just for a bass 'tuner' that I won't use...
frown.gif

Duncan, you're not using the bass tuner at all? Hmmmm... when I read the specs of all three models, there didn't seem to be a lot of difference between them. And I didn't think I'd be able to tell the difference between the IE7/IE8. I certainly don't need any extra bass from the IE7, but then I haven't heard the IE8! Although I still don't think I could hear the difference between 19kHz and 20kHz.
confused_face(1).gif

Are you still within the time frame to return them and try the IE7?

Quote:

Each version begins responding at the 10Hz level with a sensitivity of 115dB/mW, rising up to 18kHz in the IE 6s, 19kHz and 120dB/mW in the IE 7s and 20kHz and 125dB/mW in the IE 8s

Oct 31, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #75 of 8,119
I think that the IE8 maybe is the perfect IEM for me (I can get it for a nice price here in Austria too), but I'm concerned that the cable over the ears will interfere with my (rather big) arms my glasses have. Is here anybody who wears glasses and has the IE8 (or IE7)? Any experiences or thoughts?

Another dumb question: When I use the IE8 the people arround me won't hear the music I'm listening to, or will they hear some sound??

And please make some comments on sound isolation.

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back