Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Oct 5, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #7,471 of 8,119

The HD650 shares the same sound signature that the IE8 has. So you may like the IE8 after all. The issue though with the IE8 is with its mid bass hump, and bass which is easily fixed by EQ. If you want big sound like the HD650 on the go get the IE80s when they release. If you wanna save some money to give a similar IEM a try get the IE7 from adgtron refurbishied for $99.00 at DAKmart (Sennheiser Authorized).
Quote:
Hi,

i didn't have the courage and time to check the 498 pages on this, but does any of you guys have experienced BOTH Sennheiser IE8 and HD25?
I agree this is a strange request as they are way different but still, can someone comment on the following :
- sound quality between the two (i wan't flat and well defined sound stage)
- isolation (mainly used for commuting on trains/bike)
- ergonomics (cable noise...)

I have at home a HD650 that i love in every way, but as you know it's not made for going out :wink:
I'm using the shure SE110, which i find very handy (specially with short cable on iPod shuffle), but with limited sound.

I'm mainly using iPhone/iPods, and listenings to any kind of music (Classical would the test for me).

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #7,472 of 8,119

I'd be so happy if the new IE80's sound like the HD600.

Quote:I
The HD650 shares the same sound signature that the IE8 has. So you may like the IE8 after all. The issue though with the IE8 is with its mid bass hump, and bass which is easily fixed by EQ. If you want big sound like the HD650 on the go get the IE80s when they release. If you wanna save some money to give a similar IEM a try get the IE7 from adgtron refurbishied for $99.00 at DAKmart (Sennheiser Authorized).

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #7,474 of 8,119

I haven't heard the HD650 but I thin that describes perfectly why some enjoy the HD600 over the HD650. From what I've read you've pretty much described the difference between the two, except maybe the deeper part. The rest is spot on though. The HD600 is a fantastic headphone. I'd really like to find a dynamic earphone w/ its sound signature. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the IE80. That would be shaweet.

Quote:
Do the HD600 sound similar to the 650? I don't mind some bass but would be nice if its tighter, could go deeper but still still keep some quantity and much less mid bass.

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #7,475 of 8,119

Yep the non fatiguing nature and dare I say soothing effect. This allows for more extended listening and you can listen at slightly higher volumes for more fun. I'm really enjoying the FX700 as well. They are a nice side-grade to my IE8s.
Quote:
I haven't heard the HD650 but I thin that describes perfectly why some enjoy the HD600 over the HD650. From what I've read you've pretty much described the difference between the two, except maybe the deeper part. The rest is spot on though. The HD600 is a fantastic headphone. I'd really like to find a dynamic earphone w/ its sound signature. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the IE80. That would be shaweet.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #7,477 of 8,119

Quote:
I'd be so happy if the new IE80's sound like the HD600.

Sorry folks, but no higher tier IEM I heard so far comes even close to the 600s. I never heard the 650s, but if the sound sig on them is close to the IE-8 as some states, than the difference is day and night. The magnificent 600s are untouchable. Maybe the TF-10 would come close to that level of balance and details, if the mid-range on them would not be recessed.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #7,478 of 8,119

Not wanting to derail the thread so this will be my last comment on the HD600. I find the Westone 4 comes close to the HD600's balance, w/ quality bass, mids and not oversharp treble. It's slightly warm while still analytical. Of course, it's still an iem and in some regards is a completely different experience to over ear headphones.

Now back to the IE8 discussion/appreciation!

Quote:

Sorry folks, but no higher tier IEM I heard so far comes even close to the 600s. I never heard the 650s, but if the sound sig on them is close to the IE-8 as some states, than the difference is day and night. The magnificent 600s are untouchable. Maybe the TF-10 would come close to that level of balance and details, if the mid-range on them would not be recessed.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #7,479 of 8,119

Quote:

Summed up perfectly. The TF10 is incredible, but I can't get them to stay in my ears. The IE8's don't quite reach that level, but the fit is great. Compromises.

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #7,481 of 8,119
I dont get how a cable would change the sound on iems?

Iv used several speaker cables from cheap to expensive (not for enhancing sound) just general cable quality
And iv havent noticed any difference between £5 and £100 wire

Also do sennheiser make a straight jack cable for ie8s? because.i hate L shaped

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #7,482 of 8,119
Could someone inform me on how to Burn in the IE8's?

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #7,484 of 8,119

Quote:
Play your music through them for about 100 hours but make sure they get a break every few hours

I had thought there would be specific track's people use to burn them in.

example being pink noise.

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #7,485 of 8,119

I always do burn in with my old cd player on listening level. I play a cd on repeat and switch out the cds so it gets burned it with music that emphasizes different frequencies. I've never really done pink, brown noise etc. and everything has worked out fine.

Quote:
I had thought there would be specific track's people use to burn them in.

example being pink noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back