Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Jul 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #781 of 817
Well I did not have a lot of money to spend and there was an ebay seller selling the IE7s for 
$37.00 with no ear clips. I am not going to wear them jogging. I figured for UNDER $50 these should be a great 
deal... Guess I will see.. He had a few for sale 2...

Jul 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #784 of 817
Jul 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #785 of 817
Quote:
I forgot to mention they were refurbs, my bad, and the had them with and without the ear clips. Here is the ebay auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-IE7-High-Fidelity-Sound-Earbuds-NO-over-ear-adapter-/181166191467?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a2e58b36b 

See what you guys think They are coming from CA and not China so I figured might be worth a shot and at $37 I am willing to give it whirl...

there is a bunch of threads on fake IE7s. i'd strongly recommend checking out the characteristic features that distinguish fakes from authentic. 

i got a pair of fakes off amazon marketplace before i got genuine refurbs from an authorized reseller so be careful. the packaging was a dead giveaway but also, the ones i got came with two left phones so i couldn't even put them in my ears. other signs were fonts used on the rubberized parts of the cable, the IE 7 sign size, font and color and the actual S logo on each phone was different on the fakes. 

good luck! 

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #786 of 817
Quote:

i just took a look at the auction. from the one pic on there, it seems like they're genuine, unless the pic is fake. i believe the fakes don't come with the cleaning tool and the leather case. both of those are included in the pic. also, the logos and signage is exactly the same as ones i'm holding in my hands right now. at $37, i'm tempted to pull the trigger on these myself to keep as a spare. 

Jul 15, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #787 of 817
i just took a look at the auction. from the one pic on there, it seems like they're genuine, unless the pic is fake. i believe the fakes don't come with the cleaning tool and the leather case. both of those are included in the pic. also, the logos and signage is exactly the same as ones i'm holding in my hands right now. at $37, i'm tempted to pull the trigger on these myself to keep as a spare. 

The case is deffo dodgy

Jul 15, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #788 of 817
I I really love this place!
I REALLY, REALLY have very little money now between medical bills and my daughter college tuition, etc. etc. The same things we all have to contend with.
I am lucky enough to have 2 great headphones (both bought used and the LCD2s came from a fellow headfier), a pretty darn good amp for the money and some great cabling.

I need this because at work and Drs offices I want my headset not to be seen or bulky and that leaves IEMs. What I want I can't afford and that leaves inexpensive IEMS.
I want sound that is like my HD600s or LCD2s, NOT happening soon and when it DOES come time I'll ask here... I have been scouring and scouring reviews along with Ebay and Amazon...
I found these, I have good luck with refurbs in the past, this guy has a GOOD track record, AND they are from California and since I paid with paypal I had a lot of fears taken care of..
I already have a tracking number for the IEMS and I take this a GOOD sign...

I found the IE7s and these are in the $200-$300 range of IEMs... I am borrowing a pair of  Astrotec AM800 which on Amazon are JUST under $50 and rate pretty darn good here...
It will be interesting to compare to these. It should be an easy time considering I love my HD600s and while these will NOT be them, the signature should be in the range I would hope...
Guess I'll see! Thanks again for all the help and I will let everybody know how I made out. If I made out well I DID really well for the money!
When the time comes for the big purchase you bet your a** I will be back asking because I KNOW what I want, its affording it that is the issue...
BTW for any interested he has a few with and without the ear clips...

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #791 of 817
Well when I get them I'll take some pics etc. I already knew the case with them was NOT original. I know they are refurbs. I am assuming its just a case he is supplying. 
As I said for $37, a good rep so far, being shipping within the USA, etc. its seems a real deal. Every once in awhile I think I deserve a break. We'll see...
OH one LAST thing 30 day return policy buyer repays return shipping, I have no problems with that either...

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #793 of 817
Welp they came in! And here are some shots... I have to do some listening and comparing but if they are fakes they are REALLY REALLY good ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back