Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Jan 23, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #766 of 817
Got them a couple of months or so ago. Been using them quite often. Initially they were a little harsh, but now they are better. The trebles are still on the sharper side, but they are definitely amazing. I would say I am very satisfied.

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #767 of 817
 I bought the IE7 about 3 months ago. I am not an expert and have limited experience with high-end earphones, but still, these are my impressions - I love almost everything about these earphones. Nice warm sound, detailed enough for me, good bass as well, and does not make you feel tired after long listening. Great build quiality - I am amazed how much punishment the cable can take -  I use them for both gym and outdoors training.
What I dislike - perhaps the treble is a little too bright for me sometimes, I wouldn't say any of the standard flanges are a perfect fit to my ear canals, and yes, they do need 200-300 hours of burn-in first, I would say the sound improves significanlty during that period.
In conclusion - I think it is a great IEM, especially for the money :)

Feb 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #768 of 817
Okay so I have a question about these and I'm going to try to word it as best as I can because ts a pretty hard to explain. I've heard these have a "laid back" sound. To me that means that the sound is soft and not very intimate at all. Is that how these sound? Or is it more of an intimate "in your face" sound such as klipsch image s4 or(I hate to say it) Beats Tours? I'm looking for something that can get me involved and into what I'm listening to. Also how is the level of detail on the IE7? Thanks!

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #769 of 817
Quote:
Okay so I have a question about these and I'm going to try to word it as best as I can because ts a pretty hard to explain. I've heard these have a "laid back" sound. To me that means that the sound is soft and not very intimate at all. Is that how these sound? Or is it more of an intimate "in your face" sound such as klipsch image s4 or(I hate to say it) Beats Tours? I'm looking for something that can get me involved and into what I'm listening to. Also how is the level of detail on the IE7? Thanks!

sorry to revive an old thread but I've had these for over 2 years now and the love is only getting stronger for me. I've used S4s for about a week and returned them without hesitation. They sounded like they were a full class or two lower than IE7. There was an entire dimension of sound missing compared to the Senns. 

To answer your question, I would definitely not call these "laid back." The sound is very much detailed and rich, the sound stage and instrument separation for IEMs is incredible. The bass is sublime; not boomy, not muddy, not overwhelming. It's just simply there, clear and distinct. 

I use them with FiiO E10 and with great recordings, you really don't have to worry about not getting involved in your music. As many have mentioned, however, they sound great plugged in directly to any source too. 

I listened to the outrageous IE800 for about 15-20 minutes as well and while they sounded great, I found IE7 at $600+ cheaper, to be more fun, engaging and infinitely less fatiguing. I listen to them for hours while at work at low volumes and many times forget there is something in my ears. 

For my money, these are the best IEMs (in their class) I've ever heard. Such a shame they've now been discontinued for a while, the market is flooded with fakes and no comparable replacement came out of Sennheiser just yet (IE60 is meh, IE80 ditto and IE800 is preposterous).

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #770 of 817
The only thing I never liked about the 7's was the isolation.  Which meant I couldn't really use them at work.

Cheers

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #771 of 817
moving on from IE7

been using it since 09 i believe, recently acquired an UM3xRC and just giving my feedback

without too much detailed review anywhere on IE7 i have to say this is fairly underrated phones, and although the westone offers better clarity in return it compromise on airness and the impact from bass.

IE7 is slower and less tight, but um3x is a little too close in dimension imho

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #772 of 817
I have tried the um3x and did not care for the signature.  I had the ie7 a while back but sold them.  I just picked up another pair off ebay for a pretty good price.  Almost brand new.  I really enjoy the foamie tips that come with it.

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #779 of 817
How long do IEM's last anyway?

I love the build quality of the decent Sennheiser stuff. Yea, $/Buck you might get slightly better SQ somewhere else, but Senns are (mostly) built to last.

I've had mine for going on 4 years and they don't look a day older than the day i got them despite me using them daily.

Love the sound signiture as well. Really honest and open.

I'll be genuinly sad when they eventually die :frowning2:

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #780 of 817
Mine one fine as well with over 3000 hrs looks bit worn ouy and the vable has finally broken down with an intermittent connection on the left side. I'll recable it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back