Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Aug 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #676 of 817

Quote:
What genres are the ie7 best suited for? i listen mainly to classical and soundtracks with some trance thrown in randomly, will the ie7 portray trance energy well? 

Thanks for the help
dt880smile.png

ie7 is well suited for older recordings form the 30's-50's , if trance as a lot of fast and detailed and treble bits i would look elsewear .

They are good for watching tv and dvds though 

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #677 of 817
Finally found a proper seal by combining the Senn's small rubber tips with some Shure olives, and discovered the bass I've been craving all my life. Absolutely phenomenal!
If anyone is having trouble finding a good seal shoot me a pm and I'll explain what I did.

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #678 of 817
I just bought a pair of these off of eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-IE-7-IE7-Professional-Headphones-New-BOX-/190424891643?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones#ht_1469wt_1137

The only downside is that this person only has 1 feedback rating, but since everything comes in retail packaging, and considering the total cost was around $25, I am willing to try it out and see how things go. I can always return it if I find out it is a counterfeit! What do you guys think?

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #681 of 817

Quote:
I just bought a pair of these off of eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-IE-7-IE7-Professional-Headphones-New-BOX-/190424891643?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones#ht_1469wt_1137

The only downside is that this person only has 1 feedback rating, but since everything comes in retail packaging, and considering the total cost was around $25, I am willing to try it out and see how things go. I can always return it if I find out it is a counterfeit! What do you guys think?

You're kidding yourself.  $25 price.  1 feedback.  Shipped from China that takes 15-30 days.  Does not include any of the Senn accessories in the "Delivery Includes" section.    This screams counterfeit.

Rarely in life will you get something for nothing.  Good luck getting your money back.

Aug 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #682 of 817
Well, fortunately, the buyer is being nice enough that she is willing to give me a refund. No matter how she said that the buyers liked the product, I'd feel weird walking around with copies that weren't the real thing. I should know better. lol

Aug 11, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #685 of 817
Hi guys!

comparing IE7 with a correct headphone in terms of tonality, like the Etymotic ER4S, how it comes out?

Price aside, I'm in a cruel doubt between IE7 and IE8. It seems to me, everything I've read, that IE8 is, in general, superior to IE7, but I am concerned about the "dark" sound for IE8.

I like phones that play music as if it were a pair of loudspeakers with the correct tonality (lifelike sounds) and be possible to determine the exact position of each band member as well as the size of the studio.

With dynamic headphones, I like a loose fit in the ear and I hear the music on a low to moderate volume.

I usually hear a little of everything, mostly rock 60/70/80 years, a little classical music, pop, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Peter

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #686 of 817
In my mind, you cant compare ety's and the IE7. The Ety sounds very "slim" and bright. I thin they lack a lot of foundation in the lower region. Ive never heard the IE8, but I can heartily recommend the IE7.

Aug 13, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #687 of 817
Hi lazpete!

At no point did I wanted to compare these two phones. I took the example of tonality accuracy of the ER4. With these phones, the battery sounds like a real battery, and so on.

And this is my doubt about IE7. The capacity, even if they have any color, to be able to play certain sound with the right tone, as if we were listening to the real sound.

Cheers,

Peter

Quote:
In my mind, you cant compare ety's and the IE7. The Ety sounds very "slim" and bright. I thin they lack a lot of foundation in the lower region. Ive never heard the IE8, but I can heartily recommend the IE7.

Aug 14, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #688 of 817
Cardozo, I missed that line.

All I can say is, that during my 400hrs or so of listening to music in my iE7, I havent once felt like "this doesnt sound right".
The enjoyment of different music and instruments are, in my mind, shown with a very nice degree of accuracy.

But hey, we are all different, right :)

Aug 14, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #689 of 817

Yes the ie8 has the superior soundstage width and a more refined treble that presents more micro details but to me the ie7 is the more tonally accurate of the two 
Quote:
Hi guys!

Price aside, I'm in a cruel doubt between IE7 and IE8. It seems to me, everything I've read, that IE8 is, in general, superior to IE7, but I am concerned about the "dark" sound for IE8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back