Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 (Rev 2) vs Denon D7000 Shootout
Dec 12, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #122 of 155
I have been looking all over to find a U.S. dealer that has the Fostex T900...all say they are back ordered and not  available until around 12/30/12. May I ask where you purchased yours? Thanks...

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #123 of 155
http://www.moon-audio.com

I just have a confirmation of order plus they took my money already. I haven't received a tracking number thus they could be Out of Stock too.

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #124 of 155
Quote:
I've been really curious about the D7000's because of really good reviews for gaming and music listening, but from your review, it is not as good as the HD800. Someone is selling a D7000 for 1300 which I can get a HD800 for about 100 more.

For gaming (and music/movies for off gaming hours), am I crazy for picking the D7000 over the HD800s? I guess a lot of reviews on the D7000 really has gotten me crazy to try to get them even they're discontinued and are almost double their original price. It seems like they have a unique sound from what I've heard. I wish I knew someone who had them both so I could listen.

Which one would you pick if you could only get 1 for music/movies? I listen to all sorts of genres of music: Metal, Rock, Smooth Jazz, Trance, Dubstep, Dance, Classical/Movie soundtracks

Also, have you tried the Fostex TH900's? Are they not as good than the LCD2/3 or HD800?  Someone recommended the Fostex over D7000 in the comments section on a D7000 unboxing video.

1300 is crazy for the D7000.  You should be able to find them for half of that if we're talking US$.  

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #125 of 155
All my navigation instruments are pointing towards the LCD-2, but I have one final question: how do the respond when listening at very low volumes? Do they still keep their magic?

I will probably buy them next week, and I will have the opportunity to test and compare them with my HD650, but I am afraid that the shop in Bangkok is a little bit noisy, therefore I will have no opportunity to play at very low volume.

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #126 of 155
Quote:
All my navigation instruments are pointing towards the LCD-2, but I have one final question: how do the respond when listening at very low volumes? Do they still keep their magic?

I will probably buy them next week, and I will have the opportunity to test and compare them with my HD600, but I am afraid that the shop in Bangkok is a little bit noisy, therefore I will have no opportunity to play at very low volume.

IMO, the LCD-2 is great at low volume from all the headphones mentioned and this is the benefit of planar technology. If you like the HD600s and they are your main headphone, then the LCD-2 is a nice upgrade. Bare in mind that the sound stage you experience with the HD600/650s will be shrunken with the LCD-2s however the "dark" sound signature is comparably equal.

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #127 of 155
im still really afraid on my purchase between the lcd2 rev2 vs hd800..

sorry i have to come to this thread to ask, but after reading it ive continued to become indecisive with my choice. I'm a huge fan of accurate bass and the thumps given. (clearly lcd 2 seems like my choice) However i heard with proper amplifications (of a tube amp of some sort) the hd800 ends up nearly just as good or better than the lcd2.

based off of the frequency responses that Tyll has measured.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2Rev2.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800.pdf

i'm starting to question the "quickness" of the hd800's and i'm not sure if im a fan of it. - As it seems its really hard because at this level of profession is still down to our own preferences.

price wise the hd800 is about 500+ more than the lcd2's. 

Would anybody like to contribute to my earlier question about how the match up is with specific tube amps  --- preferably desktop dac/amps

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #128 of 155
Quote:
IMO, the LCD-2 is great at low volume from all the headphones mentioned and this is the benefit of planar technology. If you like the HD600s and they are your main headphone, then the LCD-2 is a nice upgrade. Bare in mind that the sound stage you experience with the HD600/650s will be shrunken with the LCD-2s however the "dark" sound signature is comparably equal.

Thank You Dukeskd

I already have my LCD-2, and I can not express how happy I am!! I was expecting an improvement on the bass frequency (compared with the HD650 that I have been using for about 10 years) but the LCD-2 is in a superior league in all aspects. Now I perceive the HD-650 as very thin, and the high and mid frequencies are not as pleasant to my ears as with the LCD-2. :)

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #129 of 155
Quote:
I already have my LCD-2, and I can not express how happy I am!! I was expecting an improvement on the bass frequency (compared with the HD650 that I have been using for about 10 years) but the LCD-2 is in a superior league in all aspects. Now I perceive the HD-650 as very thin, and the high and mid frequencies are not as pleasant to my ears as with the LCD-2. :)

Absolutely. You've taken a giant leap for an audiophile there.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #130 of 155
Quote:
Yes, I do have the Fostex TH900s, and they are better than the LCD-2 and D7000 for me.....

Ed8 or TH-900 ???

I see that ou also have the Ed8. 

At the moment, I am looking for a closed cam that will not leak (outside) as much as the LCD/HD800...  I tested the TH900 and I did like it quite a lot, but it still leak a bit  (even if it is less than the LCD). I understood that the Ed8 is sort of a champion in term of "non-leaking" headphone.  Is it correct ?  is is much better than the TH-900 for non perturbing the outside environment (my wife...! )

So, simple question:  If I go for the Ed8 to solve the "non-leaking" problem, will I miss a lot compared to the TH-900 in term of quality of sound and listening pleasure (Pop, rock, classical, vocals..) ?   And about confort, which is the best ? 

thanks

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #131 of 155
Quote:
Ed8 or TH-900 ???

I see that ou also have the Ed8. 

At the moment, I am looking for a closed cam that will not leak (outside) as much as the LCD/HD800...  I tested the TH900 and I did like it quite a lot, but it still leak a bit  (even if it is less than the LCD). I understood that the Ed8 is sort of a champion in term of "non-leaking" headphone.  Is it correct ?  is is much better than the TH-900 for non perturbing the outside environment (my wife...! )

So, simple question:  If I go for the Ed8 to solve the "non-leaking" problem, will I miss a lot compared to the TH-900 in term of quality of sound and listening pleasure (Pop, rock, classical, vocals..) ?   And about confort, which is the best ? 

thanks

The Ed 8 is truly a "non-leaking" champion and that is the most important reason why I am keeping it. It also isolates very well, probably the best in my collection. The TH900 has a much better sound signature, especially in the bass and treble regions. In the Ed 8s, nothing in the sound signature really excels, but the bass is pretty tight and apparent, so you will be able to enjoy bass-oriented music like EDM, pop, or rock and I like the presentation of the S-logic sound stage. The treble and the mids are also good, but I'd love to have more detail retrieval. Comfort is better on the TH900 but the Ed 8 comfort will depend on how big your ears are because they have to fit inside the cups. They are really comfortable for me as I have average ear size. If you want portability, then the Ed 8 is the smarter choice.

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #132 of 155
Quote:
The Ed 8 is truly a "non-leaking" champion and that is the most important reason why I am keeping it. It also isolates very well, probably the best in my collection. The TH900 has a much better sound signature, especially in the bass and treble regions. In the Ed 8s, nothing in the sound signature really excels, but the bass is pretty tight and apparent, so you will be able to enjoy bass-oriented music like EDM, pop, or rock and I like the presentation of the S-logic sound stage. The treble and the mids are also good, but I'd love to have more detail retrieval. Comfort is better on the TH900 but the Ed 8 comfort will depend on how big your ears are because they have to fit inside the cups. They are really comfortable for me as I have average ear size. If you want portability, then the Ed 8 is the smarter choice.

Having owned the Ed.8LEs and now the TH-900s concur with this as well.  
size]

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #134 of 155
Quote:
You cannot compare ED8 to TH900, I can't listen to ED8 anymore after I listened to TH900..
In my opinion TH900 Is closed version of T1

Agreed on point #1, but definitely NOT on point #2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back