Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Dec 10, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #5,236 of 9,626
I've noticed the HD 660S are interfering with my sleeping pattern. Ever since I've got them, I go to bed at 4 am. :beyersmile:

Be warned. These things are very addictive. :astonished:

Good Night! :zzz::sleeping::zzz:

This rules or the HD660S for me then.. See, I have the same “problem” with my Lyr3 and HD650’s.. So if I try the HD660S with it I’m afraid I will get no sleep at all! :astonished:

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #5,237 of 9,626
This rules or the HD660S for me then.. See, I have the same “problem” with my Lyr3 and HD650’s.. So if I try the HD660S with it I’m afraid I will get no sleep at all! :astonished:

How these HD660s sound when plugging into your Modi MB/Magni3 stack?
Asking because I'm using Modi3/Magni 3 stack. :gs1000smile:

Dec 16, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #5,238 of 9,626
How these HD660s sound when plugging into your Modi MB/Magni3 stack?
Asking because I'm using Modi3/Magni 3 stack. :gs1000smile:

I can’t say as I don’t have the HD660S.
(not yet anyway, looking to find a good deal :slight_smile:)

Dec 16, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #5,239 of 9,626
Been testing out the Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin pads. They’re very comfy and don’t seem to alter the sound really. No more ears touching foam. Pretty happy w them so far

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #5,240 of 9,626
We have in fact performed a facelift on a number of models. As many of you know, the HD 600 series (and the HD 580 before it) have been continuously produced for over 20 years. It was time to make new manufacturing molds! So, in fact, there are aesthetic "modernizations" for each of our current production models in this series, with the same quality sound they are renowned for. New Desktop photos, anyone?

I'm just enamored with these. I've been the proud owner of the HD 660 S for about a year now. I've always wanted to audition the HD 600, just never liked the look of them. I'm loving this redesign!

Are these available at retail yet (Amazon.com, US)?

Thanks.

Dec 17, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #5,241 of 9,626
I'm just enamored with these. I've been the proud owner of the HD 660 S for about a year now. I've always wanted to audition the HD 600, just never liked the look of them. I'm loving this redesign!

Are these available at retail yet (Amazon.com, US)?

Thanks.

Wonder if they tamed that 5k peak?

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #5,243 of 9,626
064ADC27-E9A4-4398-BB1C-75CDC5052BCA.jpeg
Got these nifty adapters to run my Plussound Apollonian mmcx cable with 660s and oh man they are brought to a superb level now. Just incredibly good. Easily on the level of my HE500. This rig w the dx150 with amp 8 is just sublime. I’m blown away by this change.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #5,244 of 9,626
2049E6CE-2CE2-47CB-92AF-9E450059B5DB.jpeg
One more

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #5,248 of 9,626
8 months old, Barely Used, Along with a proof of purchase for the warranty.
Good on you!

Oh well...thought there might've been a great in the UK to take advantage of. :)
Have gotten some significant savings on headphones from Amazon UK in the last year

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #5,249 of 9,626
Well sh!t! What a difference a new pair of pads can make. I'm not going to go into detail about the sound of these cans, as most everybody on this thread has heard them. What I will say in comparison to the 58X is that these may not be quite as energetic, but there not harsh or grainy. At least not to my ears anyway. They sound fantastic, and honestly, I don't think I'd change a thing. After hours of listening time, I always want to go to the EQ and make some adjustments - not here. They just sound right. That being said, if I did want to give them a slight bump or dip, what areas would you suggest that may improve these? I'm pretty certain these will be my end game for home use. Not to hyper or mellow, very clean and sounds excellent with everything. They don't try to push anything exaggerated or artificial into your ears. Are they worth the additional expense over the 58X - really depends on what you're after. In my case, absolutely. If I could design my own sound sig into a can, these would be really dang close to what I would come up with.

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #5,250 of 9,626
Well sh!t! What a difference a new pair of pads can make. I'm not going to go into detail about the sound of these cans, as most everybody on this thread has heard them. What I will say in comparison to the 58X is that these may not be quite as energetic, but there not harsh or grainy. At least not to my ears anyway. They sound fantastic, and honestly, I don't think I'd change a thing. After hours of listening time, I always want to go to the EQ and make some adjustments - not here. They just sound right. That being said, if I did want to give them a slight bump or dip, what areas would you suggest that may improve these? I'm pretty certain these will be my end game for home use. Not to hyper or mellow, very clean and sounds excellent with everything. They don't try to push anything exaggerated or artificial into your ears. Are they worth the additional expense over the 58X - really depends on what you're after. In my case, absolutely. If I could design my own sound sig into a can, these would be really dang close to what I would come up with.

Don't bother with EQ my fellow rocker, just sit back and enjoy the long listening sessions with these awesome headphones over the Christmas holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back