Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Apr 23, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #9,616 of 9,626
1) one of 58X, 660s2 or 600 since

660s2 > 660s

58X > 6XX

And 600 > 6XX or everything who knows...

I have been in my home country recently bringing ka17 and ifi go bar kensei, two amazing dongles for testing but being super busy with other bs stuff i just heard 20 minutes the 6xx with the kensei and that was it.

I have not enough hours on the 600 although i suspect the new version is even better and although technically the 6XX has some kind of refinement against 58X is that speed combined with naturalness from 58x that makes them so much better for taste against the 6xx.

The 660s I also love but thwy are so similar with the 660s2 and the 660s2 are much improved so the 660s are out of competition. They are the most pretty though and with their amazing old style box.

The 58x are the least technical of the bunch battered in any direct comparison against the others (including elex) but if you are patient enough and keep them after the comparison for a few songs then you can keep listening music with them for ...days...

Then you forget about technicalities and focusing in music they are simply amazing and yea i am crazy i prefer them even from elex... and probably they use the same driver with the NDH-30...

My next pair of headphones is a second pair of 58X...this is decided.

The 660s2 is also amazing but this driver is missing a bit in terms of naturalness in comparison with 58X, 6XX and 600 but in terms of technical abilities i find them even better than elex!!!

Happy with all these headphones, do not regret having any of them only I hope to find some free time to listen a bit more...

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #9,617 of 9,626
hd660smdded.jpg

just a little headphone humour, no one freak out :)

May 2, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #9,623 of 9,626
Anyone else try 1540 pads on them?

I forgot about it (as I had done this before months ago)

For some reason over time, the signature bothered me more and more as I switch back between 580 and 660S. In other words, my ears probably just liked 580s better.

But the 1540 pads + 660S don't bother me as much. Slightly warmer, and smoother, at the cost of some resolution... but makes me hate them less :)

AFAIK ... the ZMF suede ... possibly the only other alternative (which might have a chance at matching or exceeding stock pads tuning)

IMO ... they defo need a pad swap , i use stock pads on 580s.

May 2, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #9,624 of 9,626
For those who get sweaty ears every now and then, what’s the best way to clean the earcups on these headphones?

I use regular wet wipe once in a while to keep them "clean". Better if you remove them first, as to not get moisture on your drivers.

I believe you can wash them gently with soap and water if they get really bad without too much damage.

May 2, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #9,625 of 9,626
I use regular wet wipe once in a while to keep them "clean". Better if you remove them first, as to not get moisture on your drivers

First time I read this, I thought you were saying it's a good idea to remove them from your head before cleaning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back