Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Oct 18, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #211 of 9,628
The HD 660 S will also be a hugely educational headphone for those that own or have heard the HD 650, because the latter is such a common reference point between enthusiasts. They were both designed to have essentially the same frequency response (tonal balance), but even so, the HD 660 S clearly sounds like a different headphone anyway. An objective lesson in how frequency graphs only tell part of the "story," and I think reviewers will learn to describe timbre, impulse recovery from note to note (which affects PRaT if you've seen that acronym before), and other aspects of sound in addition to the tonal balance.

I'm excited! The art of reviewing and the progress of audio gear are linked and feed into each-other, and music & gaming audio are advancing and becoming more available to explore than ever before; this is a great time to be an enthusiast!
Thank you very much for your impressions.

I have questions though.... :)

I know that the sennheiser hd6x0 line is more about a laidback experience but still, would you say that the bass on the 660s hits harder than on the 600 and 650 and is now better fit for edm and more beat centric genres?

Despite missing a bit of bass i love the hd600s highs and mids because they can still make stuff like metal, artic monkeys, royal blood and etc still sound powefull and engaging.... do we still get thaf on the 660 or is it more a 650 type of highs and mids were everything is more polite?

Thank you... :)

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #214 of 9,628
I’ve never heard anyone describe an Ultrasone as relaxed and comfortable listening. I’ve always heard they have terribly harsh treble.

The HFI 15G is pretty laid back if that counts (it doesn't cost thousands or even hundreds of pounds)

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #215 of 9,628
Anyone with this notion has had the misfortune to pass over the Sennheiser HD-380 Pro's, to which I say are drastically underrated...

If you like the HD-250 or 280, you've GOTTA read my below quote in its' entirety :darthsmile::grinning:

The HD380 is a headphone I have often considered but got the impression it's not too comfortable. Over ear pleather can bother me. I don't really need a large closed headphone now anyway. I actually prefer on ears the wonderfully comfortable HD600 is a rare exception Thanks anyway

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #218 of 9,628
Is there anywhere to preorder these?

You can order it from Sennheise online shop, they show as available for imediate delivery. Problem is I can't do it from Portugal, asked for help but nothing

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #221 of 9,628

The HD380 is a headphone I have often considered but got the impression it's not too comfortable. Over ear pleather can bother me. I don't really need a large closed headphone now anyway. I actually prefer on ears the wonderfully comfortable HD600 is a rare exception Thanks anyway

You might want to try the Sony Z7 and Z1r. These two beat the HD650 hands down regarding comfort.

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #222 of 9,628
Oct 19, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #223 of 9,628
Oct 19, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #224 of 9,628
I wish I live in Germany...

Naaaahhhh ... too cold :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Its a matter of days of waiting, for years of enjoyment - its a good trade!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back