Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #29,461 of 46,499
Ah yes...psychedelics and auditory hallucinations......
ph34r.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #29,464 of 46,499
Speakers would be the most appropriate solution.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #29,467 of 46,499
you need to be out of your mind to listen to bieber in your head. we need the music at least out of our heads, but for some, I would like an even bigger imaging that would push it out of my life.
deadhorse.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #29,468 of 46,499
From some of the 'reviews' I read around here it's obvious that some people are listening to headphones when they can rather than when they maybe should. If I'm not in the mood for headphones then I'm not going to particularly enjoy listening to them, no matter what brand or music is playing. Headphones are also, uniquely, a source of sensory deprivation too and as such they demand a lot more from the listener than anything else so, if you go into it in the wrong frame of mind it's quite possible you'll hear & report rubbish.

I've caught myself listening to music and thinking "where's the bass?", "that treble's too sharp!", "I bought these damns things for the mids, where are they!?".. The problem, of course, is my brain. I'm too tired, too filled with other **** to make any room for the music to flow. So I come back to the same music at another time and everything is right with my world again.

Just a thought.

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #29,470 of 46,499
this is one of chinese music pride, this artist is jay chow, a talented pro, self composes music. If you dig deeper, you will realize most of his music has his name in the list of music composer

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #29,471 of 46,499
a straight opposite of just now, his own composure too

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #29,474 of 46,499
I think that this has come up before a few times. But I wanted to share my experience with the hm5 pads. I was at a local meet in Nashville where a member had the hm5 pads on his 650. These were the pleather version. I listened to them a bit and thought that they sounded pretty good. If I had been using my thinking cap, I'd gone over to my bag, pulled out my 650 with stock pads to a/b them. 

Anyway, they were super soft and being pleather attracted no dust...bonus! They might have had a touch more bass presence as well. Then while surfing the classified here this week, I came across a new pair of hm5 pads. It happens that this pair was velour instead of pleather. But for the price I decided to give them a shot. I took an old pair of 650 pads and ripped out the retaining ring. It was not easy to get the new pads clipped back into place but it's doable with some effort and patience. 

HM5 pads:

*memory foam is more comfortable than stock velour

*they are deeper than stock pads and also the inner diameter is a touch smaller than stock. Still very comfortable but a touch "snug."

*the sound is slightly different but the difference is not huge. The hm5 sound like they have a bit more air

*to get these truly comfortable they require an extra notch extension on each cup for me

*unless my mind is playing tricks on me, the hm5 pads require a extra notch on the pot to get to the volume level. Almost positive about this. 

For the price, if nothing else they would be a good alternative if you didn't want to pony up the cash for the stock pads from Sennheiser. They sound very similar. 

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #29,475 of 46,499
Question. I don't know what the H5 is but I love the stock ones. Very comfy. Why not stick with the Sennheiser earpads?. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back