Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Nov 22, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #166 of 980
it all depends on what kind of music u go for...the kind of music that i go still permits me to continue using my HD595 with open arms...in fact earlier a few weeks ago when i jus got my HD595...i was continuously complaining about the bass...then i realized when i listen to it with certain kind of music (e.g. Pop Rock, Ballads, Jazz, Classical, New Age) it sounded good with adequate level of bass that i was comfortable with...so at the end of the day it all comes down to wat kind of music u play with...of course the amp would bring its potential to a higher level...as for i paired it with Go Vibe 5...my colleague used mine he complain totally no bass at all for him hahaa...well he is using a DT990 2005 version...and he listens to metal music...

Nov 22, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #167 of 980
I felt that when I listend to the HD595s they depicted vocals very naturally. However, there were passages that should of had dynamic and drama that the 595s failed to reproduce. I have since sold my pair, but I would like to purchase another pair just for vocals. They were also the least fatiguing headphones that I've heard, can listen to them for a whole day and be fresh.

Nov 22, 2006 at 9:21 AM Post #168 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just read some complaints on the bass, is it really that bad? Cause I like bass.. but it's not all about it.

I think the bass is great, and I love bass. People that say that the HD 595 lack bass probably aren't amping them properly.

Nov 22, 2006 at 10:33 AM Post #169 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the bass is great, and I love bass. People that say that the HD 595 lack bass probably aren't amping them properly.

I think you might be on to something there, I only ever listen to them well amped and have no problem with the bass.

Nov 22, 2006 at 11:05 AM Post #170 of 980
I too am very satisfied with the bass response of the HD595s. I think one of the problems is that the bass only goes big if the recording actually requires it. Some people want big bass thump on pretty much everything and the HD595s will definitely not deliver this.

Nov 22, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #171 of 980
The HD595 seems to have the same amount of bass as the HD600: no one ever complains about the lack of bass on the 600. Think it's more just a percieved thing, because of the 595 having more brightness and slightly less soundstage.

Nov 22, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #172 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too am very satisfied with the bass response of the HD595s. I think one of the problems is that the bass only goes big if the recording actually requires it. Some people want big bass thump on pretty much everything and the HD595s will definitely not deliver this.

I would agree with this.. though some recordings seem to be missing some bass where it would have been appropriate otherwise would sound pretty flat, then again, maybe its just the music I listen to.

What is an appreciation thread without a pic of our beloved 595!?

303524630_71e857be3e.jpg
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #173 of 980
DSCN0159.jpg
The bass on 595's sounds great with the Meier HeadFive as the amp.

Nov 22, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #174 of 980
Quote:

The bass on 595's sounds great with the Meier HeadFive as the amp.

Yeah but I pobably wont be able to get that amp since I don't have teh cash right now and it's not many left :/ Anyother good amo I can use with teh 595's? Preferbly in the $100 class.

Nov 22, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #175 of 980
Quote:

Yeah but I pobably wont be able to get that amp since I don't have teh cash right now and it's not many left :/ Anyother good amo I can use with teh 595's? Preferbly in the $100 class.

In that case, maybe the Practical Devices XM4, which has a bass boost switch. It's a good little amp (portable of course in that price range).

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #176 of 980
Hey guys,

I've owned a pair of Grado SR-60 headphones for 4 years... and I still think they're one of the best purchases I've ever made.

I like their brightness, but also the thump from the bass in a few recordings. How would the 595's compare? Are they in the same vein?

I listen to slow rock, ambient, a little techno, jazz... So nothing too harsh or fast. I love picking out the detail in the sound with my Grados, so if the 595's are more detailed, that would be a huge bonus for me.

Thanks for your opinions!
rs1smile.gif

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #177 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Furmang08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I've owned a pair of Grado SR-60 headphones for 4 years... and I still think they're one of the best purchases I've ever made.

< I agree, I have the SR 60s and for a while they were the only cans I had.

I like their brightness, but also the thump from the bass in a few recordings. How would the 595's compare? Are they in the same vein?

< The 595s have a much deeper bass than the Grados, However!!! There is not as much impact as the grados.

I listen to slow rock, ambient, a little techno, jazz... So nothing too harsh or fast. I love picking out the detail in the sound with my Grados, so if the 595's are more detailed, that would be a huge bonus for me.

<Bingo!!! The 595s are amongst the most detailed headphones that I've heard and you can get it for 150 dollars brand spanking new, worth a shot.

-Ultimately I sold my 595s because I felt that they didn't present the music in a dense enough fashion, and didn't keep the music anchored due to the lack of impact. I really miss them and want to buy a pair especially for female vocals.

Thanks for your opinions!
rs1smile.gif

- Hope this helps

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #178 of 980
Quote:

The Go - Vibe V5 has amazingly tight bass, and I think they will compliment the 595s very nicely.

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #180 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny5alv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very close to buying the 595's over the 650 for pure movie watching.. Can I ask if the 595's will deliver on bass (action movies/gun shots etc) WITHOUT an amp?

Thanks
Jon

I watched MI:3 on my laptop with them and it was VERY enjoyable. I used the dolby headphone option on Theatertek as well as straight 2.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back