Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #181 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny5alv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very close to buying the 595's over the 650 for pure movie watching.. Can I ask if the 595's will deliver on bass (action movies/gun shots etc) WITHOUT an amp?

Thanks
Jon

I tried my 595's right out of one of my Panasonic portable CD players, and it sounded almost as good as with an amp -- it is better with an amp, of course, but without one, you still get decent enjoyable bass -- at least I did.

Nov 26, 2006 at 9:17 AM Post #182 of 980
Thanks that's good to hear.. Although I won't be using it on a computer so it will just be stereo for now.. Looking into buying a Surround sound converter like the JVC SU-DH1 Surround Headphone Adapter..

If anyone knows of a similarly priced better alternative, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks
Jon

Nov 27, 2006 at 12:11 PM Post #184 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got these and they are great. Which setting is better on the computer, headphone setting or 2 speaker setting?

Try them both and use the one that sounds best.

Nov 27, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #185 of 980
I've pretty much got myself set on the 595s. What's the best <$100 amp I can get for them? Will the PA2v2 do them justice, or the LDM+ (btw, where can I get one of those?)... If I decide to use them unamped, will they be ok from my soundblaster live! soundcard or ipod?

Right now I have the Hd212s and I'm definately looking for an upgrade (and much more comfort) :p

Nov 28, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #187 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyorange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried removing the surround wedge on the inside rear? I have a feeling these great sounding phones could sound even a bit better without an artifical 'spatial' effect.

I think that bump on the inside cup is actually for the hinge on the other side of the enclosure. The 595s actually have less of a "spatial" effect then other Senns because the driver is angled toward the ear. The only thing that wedge seems to do is to rub up against some people's ears!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #188 of 980
that wedge is the reason i sold my pair. it rubbed my ears raw!

Nov 28, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #189 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by warMen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've pretty much got myself set on the 595s. What's the best <$100 amp I can get for them? Will the PA2v2 do them justice, or the LDM+ (btw, where can I get one of those?)... If I decide to use them unamped, will they be ok from my soundblaster live! soundcard or ipod?

Right now I have the Hd212s and I'm definately looking for an upgrade (and much more comfort) :p

Well I gotta say my HD595s sound PHENOMINAL with my DAC1.....but then I'd hope they'd sound that much better on my expensive investment
smily_headphones1.gif
I think that's the best thing about these cans....they sound decent unamped, but really open up amped. So I think they grow with you really well. Try them directly out of the soundcard/ ipod. If it sounds too dull, then an amp will give it some more impact (won't make it overly bright like Grados though....so sometimes people are just looking for a different sound signature). As for a begining portable amp, I've heard better things about the LDM+ vs the PA2V2 (that the PA2s can get too warm for Senns).

Nov 28, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #190 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by goorackerelite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't had problems myself (probably that means my ears are too big or something!!). But I have heard some people have had problems with that. Wonder if anyone has tried sanding some of that wedge away (can't believe the phones would really need hinges that big).

Nov 30, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #191 of 980
I'm pretty new at this whole hifi headphone business, and the amp part really confuses me. Which ones will give good bass, and be affordable? And where do I buy them?

The one's I'm looking at right now:
Xenos 0HA-REP
PA2V2
XM4
Corda Headfive (expensive for me and not sure if there will be any left soon)
Little Dot+ (where do I get these from?)
anything else?

Also, what is this wedge on the cups? Comfort is a big factor for me, since I wear my headphones for long durations.

Thanks

Nov 30, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #192 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by goorackerelite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If the wedge is rubbing your ears, you're wearing it too high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slides /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty new at this whole hifi headphone business, and the amp part really confuses me. Which ones will give good bass, and be affordable? And where do I buy them?

The pint (w/ LM6172) has very impressive synergy with HD595.

Nov 30, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #193 of 980
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pint (w/ LM6172) has very impressive synergy with HD595.

Can you elaborate please on where I can find this for sale?

Nov 30, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #194 of 980
Do these phones have any any Senn high attenuation @ low-moderate volumes ??

...or are they flat @ any level ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back