Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #9,018 of 9,319
I have a great three metre cable on my Focal Elear headphones. Unfortunately they are 3.5 mm not 2.5mm

I have a DHC cable from my old HD700 I'd be willing to let go for a good price. I always thought I'd buy another pair but I'm pretty much relegated to closed back cans these days so I'm saving up for some Stellia's. If I get any open back again I'd like to give the HEDDphones a try.

PM me if you're interested in the cable.

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #9,020 of 9,319
I have a DHC cable from my old HD700 I'd be willing to let go for a good price. I always thought I'd buy another pair but I'm pretty much relegated to closed back cans these days so I'm saving up for some Stellia's. If I get any open back again I'd like to give the HEDDphones a try.

PM me if you're interested in the cable.
I have the original one from my hd700 but I want a longer thinner one. Thanks for the offer though.

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #9,021 of 9,319
I have the original one from my hd700 but I want a longer thinner one. Thanks for the offer though.
This one is longer than stock, but not sure about thinner....it's 8ft long, so about 2.5m

Dec 30, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #9,024 of 9,319
I want to listen HD700s. Why senn threw out this headphone?
700 is more comfortable than 800.
I assume it was discontinued for poor sales, at least by Sennheiser standards. The HD700 was a very polarizing headphone (largely because of treble peaks that bother many people) and very unpopular in some quarters. There is one small but influential site (which Head-fi rules prohibit from naming--I was unaware of this and once had a post deleted for mentioning the name) whose members hate the HD700 so much that saying something nice about it will get you digitally lynched, or at least tarred and feathered (and I am not exaggerating). The price dropped significantly over it's lifetime--it was long available brand new for less than half the original $1K USD MSRP. I got mine new from an authorized dealer nearly five years ago for $420 USD (I believe MSRP was $700 USD at that time).

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #9,029 of 9,319
Possibly… I don’t like long adapters plugged directly into a port though, it ends up making a long lever that can push and cause damage.

The Sennheiser HD 700 cable is 3 meters long, is yours shorter than that?

Dec 31, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #9,030 of 9,319
Possibly… I don’t like long adapters plugged directly into a port though, it ends up making a long lever that can push and cause damage.

No it’s three metres but it’s a bit too short where I sit. I purchased two small 2.5mm adapters which I used with my nighthawks but as you know the 700s have a flat edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back